Welcome to AC Web.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I would've made a pr for it since it wouldn't really take too much time to add esp on an up to date TC, it's a matter of copy pasting, but ovahlord said he wants to keep to TC standards so no custom things.

If you call for it that much I can create a branch for you so you get your Eluna in a independent branch that gets merges from time to time to stay up to date.

That would be great, I will be checking your repo to see if any eluna branch made.
    It probably takes a few hours of work though to merge it
    there is an old 434 tc merged with eluna but is extremely outdated

Want ask autor about npcbots.Can be it implemented to your branch?
    As far i know the dmandbob had a source with npcbots you can take npc bot there.

Little bump.
    Updated overview for dungeons.
    Blackrock Caverns' boss implementation has been finished including Raz the Crazed's events.
    Throne of the Tides is currently work in progress and halfway done including the spawn and cinematic events. Next target is gonna be Neptulon and Ozumat.

Thank you lord Dreadii <3

www.project-zenith.net

Living in real time, dreaming in digits, thinking in binary, talking in melody.
    Good work Dreadii, I haven't honestly reviewed it in depth either ... But the amount of defects coverity caught hurts my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadii View Post
    If you call for it that much I can create a branch for you so you get your Eluna in a independent branch that gets merges from time to time to stay up to date.
    Will be waiting.

A little bump and a small overview of the past changes.

- Throne of the Four Winds got their Conclave of Wind scripted for all difficulties
    - Shadowfang Keep received all waypoints and group formations for moving ones
    - Zul'Gurub got High Priest Venoxis, Bloodlord Mandokir and High Priestess Kilnara implemented / reworked
    - Added pathing to loads of npc's in Ramkahen, the Stonecore and Elwynn
    - Reworked and updated most of the pet scaling system to Cataclysm
    - reworked the Call to Arms system for the dungeon finder to get closer to retail behaivior
    - implemented a new dbc store in order to fix the lfg Hour of Twilight random dungeon category queue
    - updated the parry, dodge and hit/miss chance formulars to Cataclysm based on paperdoll-frame ingame interface code
    - fixed the Mount Hyjal intro quest and and all quests under Nordrassil
    - fixed a ton of dungeon issues discovered by reports and test runs
    - fixed several spell issue reports and fixed some new ones.

Geez, I really need to change my priorities. over 740 commits in less than a year is quite... alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadii View Post
    Well, I am working with Trinity standards. By that it also means that custom modifications such as a lua script engine will never be used in a official manner unless Trinity itself is implementing something in that direction. Having an inofficial code does not automatically mean that anything and everything can be stuffed into it. Also it makes things unnecessarily complicated to maintain as the differences between the original branch and my one grow over time and I intend to stay up to date with the latest branches.

I see that some people like to work with Eluna for custom motifications but my goal is blizzlike coding with official standards which means C++ and SAI in this case. I wonder though why Eluna is actually a thing since there are even some pretty cool SAI editors out there that makes it pretty easy to use.
    Eluna is very flexibile, you don't need to compile your server again when you edit a script,
    gossip system is very helpful, you don't know how functionally is Eluna.

Please do a research.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Barraclough View Post
    Eluna is very flexibile, you don't need to compile your server again when you edit a script,
    gossip system is very helpful, you don't know how functionally is Eluna.

Please do a research.
    Oh boy, dont think he read the post

When I'm running updates on the world database, do I run all of the updates in the custom folder as well as the file in the 434 folder? Sorry for the basic question, I'm pretty new to this.

EDIT: nevermind, I just saw the post on the earlier page explaining it
    Last edited by Shadestrider; 11-24-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Time for another brunch of updates:
    - The Stonecore, Shadowfang Keep, Grim Batol and Goldshire have received a ton of waypoints and also Shadowfang Keep's moving formations has been fixed
    - Al'akir has been fully implemented for all difficulties
    - Cho'gall has received some minor polishing
    - Zanzil in Zul'Gurub has been fully implemented
    - Several stacking rules for raid buffs have been added
    - fixed an issue that was causing the Elementium Monstrosity not dropping loot and creating a instance lock
    - A ton of Guild Achievements have been implemented and Dungeon guild challenges will now properly be count for guild achievements
    - The mount capabilities will now get updated in realtime when changing liquid states such as removing the flight capability when entering water

- The Championing system has been implemented:
    --- Capital tabards will now convert every dungeon reputation
    --- Cataclysm and WotLK tabards will now convert their expansion relevant reputation in dungeons
    --- As of 4.3 while championing in Burning Crusade dungeons you will now receive the converted reputation and the usual reputation at the same time.
    --- Championing reputation values have been added for all 4.0 dungeons.

- The transport system has been updated and the following issues has been fixed:
    --- Players will now be able to see each other on the transport properly
    --- Players will no longer be stuck on transports that are teleporting on the same map (Icecrown Gunships for example)
    --- Gameobjects and dynamic objects such as Death and Decay will now properly be displayed on transports
    --- The serverside position of players on transports will now be updated in realtime so they are always up to date
    --- The Deeprun Tram will now properly work in both directions and both trams are working

About the lua engine: since the original author has dropped the 4.x support for Eluna and the 4.3.4 branch has quite some big mechanical differences the portover wont happen in the near future as I have to keep going with the content and feature implementations in the first place. If there is someone skilled enough to do a clean portover feel free to contact me~ Two minds are always better than one.
    With that being said happy new year in advance and see you next year for another bunch of changes and implementations.

(̅_̅_̅(̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅ ̅()

good work, keep it up.

Retired

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    This looks very interesting. I am also still wondering what other people asked as well - Why don't you make PRs to the legacy trinitycore repo rather than working on your own? especially since you said you follow the same coding standards