Welcome to AC Web.
Page 97 of 122 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1827

Vratam Weather and Speed Macros

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Vratam...Would you mind posting the macros weather and speed again. My macros have mysteriously disappeared from all backups I have. I had one I've not used since Brooks took time off and they are gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    Vratam...Would you mind posting the macros weather and speed again. My macros have mysteriously disappeared from all backups I have. I had one I've not used since Brooks took time off and they are gone!
    I rarely change the weather (I think of it as part of the game mechanics), but to do so, use the GM command:

.wchange [weathertype] [status]

[weathertype] = 1 rain, 2 snow, 3 sand (remember, not all zones have changeable weather)
    [status] = 0 disable, 1 enable

The speed macro examples I gave are found in post #454. I don't know if everyone sees the same number of posts per page, but for me its page 31.

FYI - Personally, I keep a text document containing all the macros I devise (or those I find and like). Not only does it prevent loss, as in your case, but also comes in very handy when making a new account and having to duplicate them. Something to consider

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    Great news! I was worried about you, honestly.

Go easy on BalanceSolo the combat difficulty isn't where it needs to be (casters are broke AF!)... but the code is mostly done, I just need to work with the maths.

Also, if you downloaded the 1.3.9ex update before reading this post (TimeStamp), please re-download it. I had to fix an error between AutoRevive and BalanceSolo that came up even in their disabled state. (It's funny the issues you find once you think it's done).
    I have a fresh download now (I assume you had the link disabled earlier while fixing the error) and will heed your advice. Thanks!

P.S. Software development is like any art form: its NEVER DONE, you simply just decide upon a stopping point. Unlike the fine arts, however, when an issue, conflict or bug surfaces, you usually have to fix it

I'm going to be working on the BalanceSolo CombatDifficulty calculations for the remainder of the week. In it's current state, it's mostly just a proof of concept, but I think it's close enough to try and finalize before I have to go back to work on Monday.

@vratam Truth!

I'm going to be working on the BalanceSolo CombatDifficulty calculations for the remainder of the week. In it's current state, it's mostly just a proof of concept, but I think it's close enough to try and finalize before I have to go back to work on Monday.
    Sounds promising! I think I, for one, will wait until you have the module in a more feasibly working state before getting myself acquainted with it. Here's to swift success! [vratam swigs some Rumsey Rum.]

Heyho,

anyone knows if this got CombatSpeed/InstaCast/FastFish or if it will be added?

Thanks in advance for any help =)

Quote Originally Posted by Petrenko View Post
    Heyho,

anyone knows if this got CombatSpeed/InstaCast/FastFish or if it will be added?

Thanks in advance for any help =)
    Nope, and currently no plans for such.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone would like to track down an example of the Top DPS value for each class during the 3.3.5a era, it would help me out a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Delay my last message, I found it.

Is there any documentation on what "Database Maintenance" does from inside the launcher? What it does, why I should do it, how frequently I should do it, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawdge View Post
    Is there any documentation on what "Database Maintenance" does from inside the launcher? What it does, why I should do it, how frequently I should do it, etc?
    Best if I let Mysql explain it:
    https://www.mysqltutorial.org/mysql-...tatements.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Rawdge View Post
    Consider...

Without having any first hand knowledge of how Blizzard clusters their servers, the RDBM software employed, or the network hardware setup they use to transfer data to and fro, it would still be a safe assumption (with current hardware technology) that a single server could easily maintain 5000+ players. This implies that 5000 players could be online simultaneously, twenty-four hours a day, every day, all contributing to DB update and other requests. Generally speaking, Blizzard performs maintenance monthly, so in comparison, assuming you play solo, this would calculate to years and years of continuously playing before reaching an equivalent state. One thing you can be sure of is that Blizzard is doing whatever maintenance they do as a preventative measure; i.e., prior to the encroachment of any actual danger limit.

Unless you find strange occurrences happening while playing that have a direct relation to the DB--in which case you will probably know just what you did--DB maintenance is likely not something with which you'll ever need to be concerned. Contrarily, it will not harm anything to run the commands linked by BrooksTech

Balance Solo: 1.3.9ex RC1

Balance Solo RC1

NOTICE: vas (AutoBalance) should be disabled if you want to use BalanceSolo

The BalanceSolo JIT combat algorithm has been redesigned and is now ready for testing. The .config file explains the 'features' so I won't go into much detail here. (config file posted below -- things have changed).

Code:
    #####################################################################################################
    # Module:   BalanceSolo
    # Code:     Dunjeon 2019
    # Core:     Azerothcore
    # Repack:   Solo Friendly with Eluna
    # Function: Scale content in realtime to empower solo play.
    #####################################################################################################
    [worldserver]

# Announce
    # Announce  BalanceSolo
    # Description: Announce that BalanceSolo is active when a player logs in
    # Settings: 0 = off, 1 = on
    # Default:  0 
    # Example:  BalanceSolo.Announce = 0
    BalanceSolo.Announce = 0

# Enable
    # Enable BalanceSolo
    # In-Game Command: .bs Enable
    # Description: Enable or Disable BalanceSolo
    # Settings: 0 = off, 1 = on
    # Default:  0
    # Example:  BalanceSolo.Enable = 1
    BalanceSolo.Enable = 1

# Combat Length
    # CombatLength: 
    # In-Game Command: .bs CombatLength x   
    # Description: Sets combat length in # of rounds (approximate).
    #              The higher the number the longer combat will last (in scaled fights) 
    # Settings:    2-100-> 
    # Defaults:    10
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.CombatLength = 10
    BalanceSolo.CombatLength = 10

# Max Damage Estimate
    # MaxDmgEst: 
    # In-Game Command: .bs MaxDmgEst x   
    # Description: Set the estimated Maximum Damage for an 'undergeared or naked' level 80 character
    #              (not a dps value).   
    #              This value also effects the length of combat, and helps determine creature vs player
    #              evaluations. 
    # Settings:    80-7000->  
    # Defaults:    250 (Testing, still looking for a good default)
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.MaxDmgEst = 250
    BalanceSolo.MaxDmgEst = 250

# Level Scaling
    # LevelScaling:
    # In-Game Command: .bs LevelScaling x
    # Description: How many levels above the player before the creature stops being scaled 
    # Settings:    3 = 1 level higher than player, etc...          
    # Defaults:    3
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.LevelScaling_High = 3  
    BalanceSolo.LevelScaling_High = 3

# Clear Unfair Auras
    # ClearUnfairAuras:
    # In-Game Command: .bs ClearUnfairAuras x
    # Description: Automatically remove Auras that have been applied to the player that can be considered
    #              as 'unfair' for solo based game-play. 
    # Settings:    0 = off, 1 = on       
    # Defaults:    1
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.ClearUnfairAuras = 1
    BalanceSolo.ClearUnfairAuras = 1

# Auto Kill ADDS
    # AutoKillAdds:
    # In-Game Command: .bs AutoKillAdds x  
    # Description: Automatically kill ADDS spawned by hostile creatures.
    # Settings:    1 = kill all ADDS, 2  = Kill ADDS if the player is being attacked by > 1, etc...    
    # Defaults:    2 (I chose 2 as default to allow creatures to have pets -- hunters, warlocks, etc...)
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.AutoKillAdds = 2
    BalanceSolo.AutoKillAdds = 2

# Refresh After Combat
    # RefreshAfterCombat:
    # In-Game Command: .bs RefreshAfterCombat x    
    # Description: Refresh player health, and mana after combat.
    # Defaults:    0
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.RefreshAfterCombat = 0
    BalanceSolo.RefreshAfterCombat = 1

# Reduce Pack Damage
    # ReducePackDamage:
    # In-Game Command: .bs ReducePackDamage x    
    # Description: Reduce damage taken from multiple targets
    #              In the case of 4 creatures, damage taken would be Damage = d / 4
    #              This can be helpful in some dungeons and boss fights
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.ReducePackDamage = 0
    BalanceSolo.ReducePackDamage = 1

# Boost Multi Damage (Creature and Player)
    # BoostMultiDmg:
    # In-Game Command: .bs BoostMultiDmg x    
    # Description: Increase damage when engaging multiple targets
    #              In the case of 4 creatures, damage would be Damage = d * 4
    #              Either use this or ReducePackDamage... both would be broke AF
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.cBoostMultiDmg = 1 (Creatures do more damage vs more players)
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.pBoostMultiDmg = 1 (Players do more damage vs more creatures)
    BalanceSolo.cBoostMultiDmg = 1
    BalanceSolo.pBoostMultiDmg = 1

# Redirect Threat To Pet
    # RedirectThreatToPet:
    # In-Game Command: .bs RedirectThreatToPet x   
    # In-Game Command: .bs RedirectThreatAmount x   
    # Description: Redirect player generated threat to pet -- It will be the best tank you've ever had!
    # Settings:    RedirectThreatToPet: 0 = off, 1 = on 
    #              RedirectThreatAmount: 100 = 100% threat redirected, 50 = 50%, etc... 
    # Defaults:    0
    #              0
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.RedirectThreatToPet = 1
    #              BalanceSolo.RedirectPct = 100
    BalanceSolo.RedirectThreatToPet = 0
    BalanceSolo.RedirectThreatAmount = 0
    Feel free to ask any questions here or send me a PM.
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 01-05-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Balance Solo RC1

NOTICE: vas (AutoBalance) should be disabled if you want to use BalanceSolo

The BalanceSolo JIT combat algorithm has been redesigned and is now ready for testing. The .config file explains the 'features' so I won't go into much detail here. (config file posted below -- things have changed).

Feel free to ask any questions here or send me a PM.
    Just to confirm, does this apply only to instances or to general world play as well?

Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    Just to confirm, does this apply only to instances or to general world play as well?
    It's everything, but by default it doesn't scale anything more than +3 levels higher than the player. So even in an instance the player can get killed easily (if they shouldn't be there.).

And it only scales the fight if it meets the criteria for scaling. In this way, not all fights will be adjusted even if the level gate is met.

Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    Consider...

Without having any first hand knowledge of how Blizzard clusters their servers, the RDBM software employed, or the network hardware setup they use to transfer data to and fro, it would still be a safe assumption (with current hardware technology) that a single server could easily maintain 5000+ players. This implies that 5000 players could be online simultaneously, twenty-four hours a day, every day, all contributing to DB update and other requests. Generally speaking, Blizzard performs maintenance monthly, so in comparison, assuming you play solo, this would calculate to years and years of continuously playing before reaching an equivalent state. One thing you can be sure of is that Blizzard is doing whatever maintenance they do as a preventative measure; i.e., prior to the encroachment of any actual danger limit.

Unless you find strange occurrences happening while playing that have a direct relation to the DB--in which case you will probably know just what you did--DB maintenance is likely not something with which you'll ever need to be concerned. Contrarily, it will not harm anything to run the commands linked by BrooksTech
    Gotchya. That's why I was kinda thrown-off by it being listed in the Launcher. I figured that MySQL would easily be able to handle the (relatively) light usage that I'd be putting it through without breaking a sweat. So I thought maybe the "DB Maintenance" thing was something more WoW-specific.

Thanks for the clarification! o7

Update to BalanceSolo has been uploaded:

(I had a dream about a possible problem with the source so I got up and corrected it.)

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    And if you create a portable mysql, upload it to mega.nz, and share it?
    It will not be easier, for many, to be putting patch after patch?
    Without trying to offend, but you have to make a curve, to raise the server well and test it