Welcome to AC Web.
Page 72 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2148

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    @BrooksTech no complaints here. After all this is a "solo" project right? So I'm sure it's not going to be perfect with more than one person playing.
    I wasn't complaining, I was sharing my experience with the thing. Besides, VAS is supposed to tune the difficulty up or down depending on the amount of players which was the sole purpose of that module when it was introduced. I can just turn it off, so it's no point in complaining about it at all.

How come people are so scared and easily hurt by a comment that isn't (dis)honestly friendly and ridiculously positive?

That was a rhetorical question. I'm not really interested in having that discussion here.

EDIT: I am talking specifically about the VAS plugin, the repack is excellent.

Unless you guys have done so, you should update the server-files from the official source.
    https(://)github(dot)com/azerothcore/azerothcore-wotlk/tree/master/data/sql/updates/db_world

Copy the URL and fix it, I can't post links.

1. Open each new addition, one by one, press RAW and copy it into a text file. You can use a single text file for all the updates, just separate them with a double line shift and make sure you paste them in the correct order.

2. Rename the text file to, for example, Update.sql.

3. Open your SQL-tool, for example HeidiSQL.

4. File->Run SQL file... -> choose your Update.sql.

The same procedure goes for the authserver, although it hasn't been updated in a long while.

Done.
    Last edited by Sabatasso; 07-21-2019 at 09:46 AM.

First let me say that I've tried many repacks over the years, and that this one is by far the best. I've been lurking for a long time and have learned a lot.

I like to change the stack size on crafting items to 200 (client limitation is 255), but was annoyed at having to spend a couple of hours in Truice every time there's an update. So I learned how to make an sql script that applies those changes in seconds, by running it in HeidiSQL. The script is probably probably more ugly than any of you would write, but it works.

In any event, I thought I'd share it with you all:
    http://www.nightsolo.net/games/wow/c...gstacksize.sql

Enjoy!
    And let me know (via PM probably) if I missed anything or if there's something that shouldn't stack that high.

First let me say that I've tried many repacks over the years, and this one is by far the best. I've been lurking for a long time, and have learned a lot.

One of the things I just learned is SQL scripts. You see, I like to change the stack size of crafting items to 200 (client limitation seems to be 255), but was annoyed that I'd have to spend a couple of hours in TruIce every time there was an update. So I copied and pasted all the individual item change scripts into a single SQL file, which I then ran in HeidiSQL. It's probably uglier than anything you guys would do, but it works.

In any event, I've decided to share it with you all:
    http://www.nightsolo.net/games/wow/c...gstacksize.sql

Enjoy!
    And let me know (probably via PM) if there's anything I missed, or if there's anything you don't think should stack that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabatasso View Post
    https(://)github(dot)com/azerothcore/azerothcore-wotlk/tree/master/data/sql/updates/db_world
    I'm sure you have your reasons, but why? When...
    https://github.com/azerothcore/azero...dates/db_world

EDIT: I see now, "Copy the URL and fix it, I can't post links."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sabatasso View Post
    I wasn't complaining, I was sharing my experience with the thing.
    I don't think Shadowmonkey was suggesting you were, only sharing his perspective. We should all be more friendly and ridiculously positive, honestly or otherwise, don't you think?
    Last edited by vratam; 07-21-2019 at 02:13 PM.

I figured out why auto attack would glitch out and die. when you add in custom abilities like heals on a warlock or certain old buffs stolen from npcs/raid mobs, it can bug out your char when you refresh them.

Celerity aura for example seems to be a common offender.

I wonder why this? Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by djmalsidious View Post
    I figured out why auto attack would glitch out and die. when you add in custom abilities like heals on a warlock or certain old buffs stolen from npcs/raid mobs, it can bug out your char when you refresh them.

Celerity aura for example seems to be a common offender.

Is the Celerity Aura from the autores heroism-buff?

While I know this is probably not likely or really far off at best, what's the likelihood that you'd find a means to put in Cataclysm models/characters (Goblins and Worgen) for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by djmalsidious View Post
    certain old buffs stolen from npcs/raid mobs
    I've seen weirdness caused by some of those too. I haven't noticed anything when sticking to spells and talents available to player classes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma2Me View Post
    While I know this is probably not likely or really far off at best, what's the likelihood that you'd find a means to put in Cataclysm models/characters (Goblins and Worgen) for the game?
    Look in modcraft. It's already been done but you have to tinker with the database if you want to make them playable. I've tried and failed a couple of times. There's always something beyond my grasp that needs tweaking as the files are often for Trinitycore or Sunwellcore. Similar but not quite Azerothcore.

There are a lot of cool modules for especially Trinitycore but it's not a great core compared to Azerothcore, which is far more stable and gives a far better playing experience. Less bugs, more pleasant, stable and generally every aspect is better aside from the selection of modules.

I've been trying to convert ARAC (all races all classes) to fit this core but no luck so far. I've actually given up. Not really a big deal for me personally but both my daughters want to play human hunters...
    Last edited by Sabatasso; 07-21-2019 at 10:13 PM.

@BrooksTech I had my auto attack disappear on me lately. Seems it might have been right about the time I used the buff npc in Darn. Can't be positive though. Had to right click my imps firebolt to get it back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    Hello

First, with any GM command, do not use /console, /run, /script or any such slash prepend, simply use the GM command prepended with its dot (.).

You have an error in your command, .wchange 2 2
    Try .wchange 2 1 to make it snow and .wchange 2 0 to make it stop snowing.
    Rain: .wchange 1 1|0
    Sand: .wchange 3 1|0

I just tested, to make sure, and .wchange 2 1, in a macro (and bound to a key), worked perfectly well for me :-)
    @Vatram Got it working. Didn't see what I was typing. My new cpu RBG fan was distracting me Thanks for the help. Now I got the speed / weather macros going.
    Last edited by Shadowmonkey; 07-21-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    Now I got the speed / weather macros going.
    Glad to hear it. I couldn't live (at least not as happy) without my speed macros anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    I wonder why this? Thanks for sharing!
    I've had the same problem with auto attack glitching out, but only happens on toons that use healing pots.

Happened both on 1.3.7 and 1.3.8b, it fixes the problem for a while if I delete the files for the toon in the WTF folder for the client. I haven't made any changes to the server and I disabled all of my addons and still have issues. I thought it was a client issue but maybe not?

Hey guys, I'm really new to the whole solo-server stuff but I'm curious on how to setup the AHBot. Thanks for the awesome repack. Really enjoying it so far. Also the enhanced graphics are great.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by devnon View Post
    I've had the same problem with auto attack glitching out, but only happens on toons that use healing pots.
    It's under this same condition I occasionally experience it, but I've only had to log out and then in again to restore things back to normal.