Welcome to AC Web.
Page 72 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1546

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    My FPS run at constant 75. Haven't noticed anything drops or lags.
    I tracked it down to one of the mods I use. Specifically the Cataclysm Tree replacement mod. I'm not sure why it makes my frames drop, because I don't think my cpu and gpu are taxed all that much. It really does enhance the trees in the world, and make things much more beautiful. Especially in the elf zones.

But it does make trees much larger and fuller than vanilla WoTLK trees. Maybe with all the settings to full, like shadows, plus I push mobs and object distance rendering to nearly as far as can be in the world server config, maybe it taxes my cpu more than I think. It is odd though, without rain dropping, I get average frames around 140-200 fps.

I'm going to continue to use it for now. With world texture replacement, character, mob, mount and npc replacement, cata water, cata trees, and enhanced sun glare, WoTLK has never looked so beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravoz View Post
    I tracked it down to one of the mods I use. Specifically the Cataclysm Tree replacement mod. I'm not sure why it makes my frames drop, because I don't think my cpu and gpu are taxed all that much. It really does enhance the trees in the world, and make things much more beautiful. Especially in the elf zones.

But it does make trees much larger and fuller than vanilla WoTLK trees. Maybe with all the settings to full, like shadows, plus I push mobs and object distance rendering to nearly as far as can be in the world server config, maybe it taxes my cpu more than I think. It is odd though, without rain dropping, I get average frames around 140-200 fps.

I'm going to continue to use it for now. With world texture replacement, character, mob, mount and npc replacement, cata water, cata trees, and enhanced sun glare, WoTLK has never looked so beautiful!
    I am using all the same patches and I, too, push the hell out of distance, detail, shadow, etc. I also have my re-spawn rate set for one hour, so corpses visually pile up all over the immediate area. I've never bothered to monitor my frame rate because I just don't see any issues to concern myself with it. Occasionally I'll experience a visual skip, like with an LP, where I can count to eight and the entire view port skips. This recurs continuously at an eight count interval and will not stop until I shut everything down and re-launch. Sometimes I can solve it by changing a video setting back and forth, but not always; don't know what that's about.

I agree entirely, with the patches and some tweaking, WotLK looks awesome!

I have all the mods running and settings set to Ultimate. Also used a macro to push that a little too. FPS run a constant 75, no lag. Not as good as you but no lags at all. I'm running an I5 2500 ATI HD 5870, with 8 gigs of ram. Earlier gen stuff but runs great. @Vatram I agree too the world looks beautiful. Sometimes I just ride the gryphon from Darn to Gadget and watch the scenery. Also the music changes are nice too that came with one mod I listed before. It think it's from Cata. Thanks to whoever it was before that listed the mod to change the log in screen to Vanilla or BC if wanted. The game looks awesome!
    Last edited by Shadowmonkey; 08-04-2019 at 09:23 PM.

I built my computer, I guess 7 years ago, so I'm probably due for upgrades.

I'm running an i7 -3770K, with a modest overclock. I have 16 gigs of ram and two nvidia GTX 670's. I know, but when I built this computer, SLI was still a thing.

I'm definitely due for some upgrades. In the last couple of years new games don't run with highest settings anymore. But boy did I get a lot of mileage out of this setup!

I built mine too. I can't afford the newer stuff and not really interested in overclocking. I do use a large mid tower with RBG's running so it looks cool in the dark

- - - Updated - - -

I just logged in and my guild bank is missing. All the stuff I had in is are gone. Nothing major I can't replace but what happened? Also I keep getting my items back from AH. Is there a setting I missed to get it to buy them? Also my login screen patch has stopped working. I had to switched to Vanilla now it's back to Wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravoz View Post
    I built my computer, I guess 7 years ago, so I'm probably due for upgrades.

I'm running an i7 -3770K, with a modest overclock. I have 16 gigs of ram and two nvidia GTX 670's. I know, but when I built this computer, SLI was still a thing.

I'm definitely due for some upgrades. In the last couple of years new games don't run with highest settings anymore. But boy did I get a lot of mileage out of this setup!
    Wanna get rid of one of those graphic cards send me my way. Nice upgrade for me
    Last edited by Shadowmonkey; 08-04-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Always self-built, my last rig lasted eight or nine years (with some upgrades). It had a SLI setup. My current rig (three or four years old now) runs an Intel Core i7-5920K @ 3.30Ghz with 16Gb ram, a GeForce GTX 970 all on an ASRock motherboard. Its a dual boot setup (Debian GNULinux/Win10) where I only use Windoze for gaming, and Debian for everything else (including some games).

@Shadowmonkey - logging in to find your guild bank has been emptied sucks! I have five guilds (I switch players between guilds quite frequently, so much so I have bound macros for doing it) and I would be horrified to find them gone!

Not sure what happened. It had two tabs and a bunch of stuff I had there for crafting. I logged in today and it said do you want to buy a tab? Everything gone. All chars/ranks etc were still there. Nothing else missing. I could just replace the folder with the back up I have on my other drive. But each time I replace char/world/ files I lose a couple of ranks for some reason. So don't want to risk it. Oh it wasn't just the stuff missing the tabs were gone too. Like I"d never started the guild bank at all.

On the AHbot it's not buying my stuff but returning it instead. Is there a setting I need to in config?

I taught myself to build PC's. I love them. Can't afford to buy the best but I only play RPG's and most don't require the best. I'd like to upgrade one day if my books ever start selling.

Not sure what happened. It had two tabs and a bunch of stuff I had there for crafting. I logged in today and it said do you want to buy a tab? Everything gone. All chars/ranks etc were still there. Nothing else missing. I could just replace the folder with the back up I have on my other drive. But each time I replace char/world/ files I lose a couple of ranks for some reason. So don't want to risk it. Oh it wasn't just the stuff missing the tabs were gone too. Like I"d never started the guild bank at all.

On the AHbot it's not buying my stuff but returning it instead. Is there a setting I need to in config?
    I don't use the AH at all, and keep the bot module disabled, so I can't help with that; but, all guild bank items are stored in the DB [characters.guild_bank_item]. You may want to consider regularly dumping this table, just in case it should happen again.

In the db world.auctionhousebot there are columns with multipliers named buyerprice[white|green|blue|purple]. This is the multiplier to the sell price that the AHbot will buy items.

As an example, say a blue item drops and it has a sell price of 1g. The default multiplier for a blue item (buyerpriceblue) is 12. You need to auction that item for LESS THAN 12g (11g 99s 99c will do) and the AHbot will buy it up.

I would also suggest you set MailDeliveryDelay = 0 in worldserver.conf to get rid of the 1hr delay on mail.
    Last edited by santos416; 08-05-2019 at 12:22 AM.

I took some time to build some combat data collection functions that export to csv. Now we are getting very detailed information about combat damage in vs damage out and the variables between. This is going to help build the new balance systems because it will let me test and prove various methods.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    I took some time to build some combat data collection functions that export to csv. Now we are getting very detailed information about combat damage in vs damage out and the variables between. This is going to help build the new balance systems because it will let me test and prove various methods.
    Excellent! I hope you will consider allowing such a tool to remain actively available (toggle ability) in your future releases. Such a tool would be extremely helpful for those of us whom fiddle with the multipliers :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know of a means to allow Warpweaver, the custom NPC Transmogrifier, to make all possible transmogs available from the get-go to all characters?

It is a fantastic repack for soloplay BrooksTech, everything is very easy to handle for newbs like me , thank you for your work.

I have a now question for the new enchanting methods. Everytime I use the enchanter near the portal master to enchant some item with Healthpoints or stamina, it doesn't work properly. When I equip or uneuip one or more of those items, my current life points go crazy low or doesn't change at all. When I log out and in again, without equipement the Health seems about right.
    Is the enchanter a little buggy?

Also it would be cool to have an easy feature to scale quests, instances and dungeons accordingly to the progression of the player....so that quests don`t grey out so soon, but from what i have read in the thread it is a feature that is being worked on

Keep up the good work
    Last edited by stunner345; 08-07-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stunner345 View Post
    It is a fantastic repack for soloplay BrooksTech, everything is very easy to handle for newbs like me , thank you for your work.

I have a now question for the new enchanting methods. Everytime I use the enchanter near the portal master to enchant some item with Healthpoints or stamina, it doesn't work properly. When I equip or uneuip one or more of those items, my current life points go crazy low or doesn't change at all. When I log out and in again, without equipement the Health seems about right.
    Is the enchanter a little buggy?

Also it would be cool to have an easy feature to scale quests, instances and dungeons accordingly to the progression of the player....so that quests don`t grey out so soon, but from what i have read in the thread it is a feature that is being worked on

Keep up the good work
    I will check on the module, I've not heard about this issue fro others.

Quest scaling can be done wit a simple sql script (The launcher will be able to run sql scripts soon).
    Code:
    use world;
    UPDATE item_template
    SET RequiredLevel = 1
    WHERE RequiredLevel != 1;
    UPDATE Quest_Template
    SET QuestLevel = -1, MinLevel = 1
    WHERE QuestLevel != -1 OR MinLevel != 1;
    I've been working on finishing BalanceSolo. It is a new approach to asset scaling. It uses a JIT (just in time) scaling (not really the right word) system that has a focus on allowing for any class/spec to be viable. I will not say it's better than the other solutions... it is different. Currently, it has ~100 configuration options -- that sounds more impressive than it really is. Only ~12 of the settings have a major impact while the rest are based on class specific cases. While testing, it took me 2 hours to clear WC with a level 17 mage... I died a few times.

OK Who's Messing With the NPC Voices?

I was in Dun Murogh turning in a quest and suddenly a bunch of dwarfs said "It's Mortal Combat." Then as I'm walking off another said "I'm TNT, I'm Dynamite." While it was extremely funny, am I hearing things or did Brooks add this? If so I want to add voice scripts to female elves in Darn

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I was in Dun Murogh turning in a quest and suddenly a bunch of dwarfs said "It's Mortal Combat." Then as I'm walking off another said "I'm TNT, I'm Dynamite." While it was extremely funny, am I hearing things or did Brooks add this? If so I want to add voice scripts to female elves in Darn
    Wasn't me lol