Welcome to AC Web.
Page 61 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Is there any way to do the following things (i'm not great with servers but i'm loving this repack):

1) make the statistics for combat/ other non functionining statistics work in the achievement tab.
    2) Add playerbots so you could raid/play with different characters (i used one which allowed me to spawn in my other characters on my account and they did reasonable dps/healing)

Thanks in advance for making such a great repack experience

Quote Originally Posted by semjon View Post
    Hmm, I did not need to install anything in the client.

Here is what i did to get it running yesterday:
    1. Got a 3.3.5a client (warmane no install in my case)
    2. Changed the realmlist.wtf entry IP/Domain to 127.0.0.1
    3. Got the AzerothCore download with maps
    4. Started BrookTechs new Launcher and connected with client.

Maybe it helps.
    This is all it should take, for sure.

I've seen issues like this only a few times. @Shadowmonkey, for example had to make adjustments for his PC (at least before he got his new one).

@klineshrike , reach out to shadowmonkey he may have some insight on what he did... it's buried deep in these posts somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

@Dohtt

The achievement thing is, likely, fixable. It is something that has sent in a low priority section of my todo list for a while now. I doubt it's an easy solution, but I aim to work on it at some point.

Bots are always better on paper than in reality... Right now, they would add more conflicts than solutions. I have a bot framework that will be able to handle such things in a different way than we've seen, but it's not ready... still shaky on the absolute promise of such.

@Enigma2Me
    Not that I am aware of, but that would be a neat mod! The machinima is, lively, just changing the skin, and that isn't unreasonable.
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 07-13-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma2Me View Post
    Is there anyway to control/play with an npc model? Like physically control them without using something like Mind Control and use them like a regular player character? Because I've seen machinima that do this, but I can't figure out how.
    You could try messing around with the .morph GM command.

You'll need the DisplayID of the NPC. To get the DisplayID select the NPC and type .npc info into the chat box. Scroll up and it should list the NPC DisplayID near the top. For example King Varian Wrynn is DisplayID 28127.

Once you have the DisplayID, select your character and issue the command .morph 28127 (or whatever DisplayID you want to morph into) and POOF. You're now that NPC. You can still walk around and fight as your normal class, it's just your model that has changed.

Not sure if this accomplishes what you need it to though...

To change back just select yourself and use the .demorph command.

Quote Originally Posted by semjon View Post
    Hmm, I did not need to install anything in the client.

Here is what i did to get it running yesterday:
    1. Got a 3.3.5a client (warmane no install in my case)
    2. Changed the realmlist.wtf entry IP/Domain to 127.0.0.1
    3. Got the AzerothCore download with maps
    4. Started BrookTechs new Launcher and connected with client.

Maybe it helps.
    This was how I started. Considering I turned off firewall completely, I just can't imagine what else it could be.

That was the client I downloaded the first time even.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma2Me View Post
    Is there anyway to control/play with an npc model? Like physically control them without using something like Mind Control and use them like a regular player character? Because I've seen machinima that do this, but I can't figure out how.
    You can use .possess to take control of an npc, and .unpossess to release them.

I came across something elsewhere describing this exact problem. It said that their router was blocking the 8085 port. This is what the authserver is using so that could be my issue.

Where can I change the port that authserver uses?

Firewall Problem

Quote Originally Posted by klineshrike View Post
    This was how I started. Considering I turned off firewall completely, I just can't imagine what else it could be.

That was the client I downloaded the first time even.
    Question..Did you originally block the client or server with your firewall from connecting to the internet? I did that originally and the game would not run. Even after I turned off the firewall. I had to go in the firewall settings and allow the client and server to connect. Depending on firewall you could change settings to learn or training, and it might then ask for permission at which you could allow the server to connect. I think I actually uninstalled mine and reinstalled with new settings to get it to work. As others pointed out, you don't need to install anything into the client. Here is how I got mine running.

1. Turned off internet and installed Client. To keep it from trying to update from Blizz. Changed the WTF.config to local IP.
    2. Downloaded the core files from here. Got the ones with maps. If you don't it won't work. Unless you extract your own maps.
    3. I extracted the core folder to my desktop. Then made a shortcut to the launcher bat file on the desktop.
    4. Use the Wow.exe file to launch the game. Not the wow launcher file. I made a short cut to that as well.
    5. Patched the game with Brooks patches. Had to make sure I extracted them correctly so that each folder went to the appropriate place and the files there were overwritten.

Speaking of launcher, you just need to download the new one Brooks made and extract that into the core folder and use that instead of the launcher.bat file that is there. It's much easier and simpler.

Everything worked fine. The only thing needed to add to the client is mods. Those will go to the Wotlk/data folder. There are some minor type mods that will be different but this is how the basic ones are done. Not sure if any of this will help but thought I'd try.

I am trying to get a new client right now just to see if that had anything to do with it.
    Considering it fails to work with a local ip, that would be my guess. Or perhaps try the executable linked by Brooktech on the first page. I have seen issues caused by "additions" some less than reputable individuals do to those found in the wild on the net. Also, possibly a stupid question, but is your worldserver loading completely? As in the notification sound has played and its ready to go?

I fought with my internet for over a month a while back trying to track down what I thought was intermittent hardware failures. One of the issues was only being able to connect to my private server if I ran it locally. Turned out my isp pushed an update to my cable modem and re-enabled its function as a router, which put me behind a double nat. On top of that a netgear update to my actual router caused it to ignore my forwarded ports. A hammer and a trip to bestbuy solved the modem issue, and a quick flash to dd-wrt brought the router back in line lol.

@BrooksTech
    Did you have any luck with your gear script bypassing class requirements? Even if no one else is interested in it, I would very much be, and bards would sing of your heroic deeds for eternity.
    Last edited by dhasslef; 07-13-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Yeah that is everything I did at one point. I am pretty intimate with the firewalls at this point, have removed and readded them multiple times (usually letting it ask itself so I know its creating a valid set of them).

Pretty sure it is my router / modem at this point. TPLink AC1750. I did do the port opening ask was asked some time ago, but that still hasn't worked either. but I saw an exact description of this issue with others doing the same thing, so that helps me focus in on the port.

I thought that maybe I might need to open those ports on 127.0.0.1 but I can't do it. I wonder if that is it. I need to know how to change the mysql and authserver loading ports to really check this, but I don't know what file has that setting.

I came across something elsewhere describing this exact problem. It said that their router was blocking the 8085 port. This is what the authserver is using so that could be my issue.

Best course is to log into your router and forward those ports (each router is different in their solution to accomplish this)

1) use cmd or windows power shell with admin privileges and type ipconfig
    2) The line you're looking for is: IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.11 (that number is mine, yours will be something else)
    3) Log into your router (from a web browser) with the default gateway address found in ipconfig (mine is 10.0.0.1)
    4) Go into your router and set up port forwarding often found in advanced settings of some kind
    5) you want to forward both 3724 and 8085 to your ipv4 address from step 2

This link my help too: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Port_forwarding

Not all systems require such action, but there are so many different types of routers and configuration settings that vary from system to system.

- - - Updated - - -

@dhasslef

yeah, it works =) I will be a toggle option in the next launcher release (1.2)

Yeah I did that when you mentioned it before. I definitely have the ports forwarded (I added in 3310 as well just in case).

Is there no way to use different ports? I am about to try this from another computer in the house using Wifi as a last resort. I know I can connect to other private servers, so at this point I am certain it is a setting on this that is being blocked by something on my PC and I am starting to think it is the ports.

Open up your router interface and forward the port to your computer; then, reboot your router.

Edit: Oops, just saw your post where you have forwarded your ports.

Yeah I did that when you mentioned it before. I definitely have the ports forwarded (I added in 3310 as well just in case).

Is there no way to use different ports? I am about to try this from another computer in the house using Wifi as a last resort. I know I can connect to other private servers, so at this point I am certain it is a setting on this that is being blocked by something on my PC and I am starting to think it is the ports.
    You can look at the conf files (use notepad ++) autherserver.conf and worldserver.conf for ports

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.

WTF.. It is not necessary to open the ports in the local network..
    They should only be opened in order to allow external access.
    Here you can check the ports obviously with your external IP address: Link

But in my personal opinion, I'm sure it's the Windows Firewall, it has nothing to do with the Router.
    You can allow UDP/TCP ports in the Firewall and you should also allow the applications "authserver.exe", "worldserver.exe", and "wow.exe" just in case..

Other options could be to deactivate if you have Antivirus, or to rename the file "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" to see if it is blocking any address.