Welcome to AC Web.
Page 53 of 133 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    I like the additions of Beast Master , Buff Master etc. I mean they aren't in the way and they very helpful if you are playing alone like myself. At the moment the current state of the repack is allowing me a lone player to relive the old days of playing wow without having to rely on others to help out.
    Agree, totally! Again, I'm thinking of options and, right now, there are no options in the respective module configuration files to disable them. I was just wondering why :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    Agree, totally! Again, I'm thinking of options and, right now, there are no options in the respective module configuration files to disable them. I was just wondering why :-)
    I must have sped read over this! Sorry.

You're right there isn't a check to see if the script is enabled or not. Best way to do this is just yank them out of the database. Putting a disable trigger in their code would be easy enough to do, but then they would be in the world sitting there, looking, and judging... =D What would they say I wonder? "The gods do not find you worthy of our gifts!"?

Remove All Custom NPC from the world... of warcraft.
    Code:
    USE world;
    SET
    @ENTRY          := 190000,
    @NAME           := "Portal Master",
    @SUBNAME        := "",
    @MODEL          := 21572,
    @AURA           := "30540", -- "35766" = casting
    @TEXT_ID        := 300000,
    @GOSSIP_MENU    := 50000,
    @RUNE           := 194394;

DELETE FROM creature_template WHERE entry = @ENTRY;
    DELETE FROM creature_template_addon WHERE Entry = @ENTRY ;
    DELETE FROM gossip_menu WHERE menuid BETWEEN @GOSSIP_MENU AND @GOSSIP_MENU+8;
    DELETE FROM npc_text WHERE ID BETWEEN @TEXT_ID AND @TEXT_ID+4;
    DELETE FROM gossip_menu_option WHERE menuid BETWEEN @GOSSIP_MENU AND @GOSSIP_MENU+8;
    DELETE FROM smart_scripts WHERE entryorguid = @ENTRY AND source_type = 0;
    DELETE FROM conditions WHERE (SourceTypeOrReferenceId = 15 OR SourceTypeOrReferenceId = 14) AND SourceGroup BETWEEN @GOSSIP_MENU AND @GOSSIP_MENU+8;
    DELETE from creature WHERE ID = @ENTRY;
    DELETE from gameobject WHERE ID = @RUNE AND guid >= 200000;

USE world;
    DELETE from creature WHERE ID = 601026; -- BeastMaster
    DELETE from creature WHERE ID = 601016; -- Buffmaster
    DELETE from creature WHERE ID = 601015; -- Enchanter
    DELETE from creature WHERE ID = 190010;  -- Transmog
    -- DELETE from creature WHERE ID = 300000;  -- Instance Reset (Needed for Solo LFG)
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 06-26-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Creating Macros

I found this on a website that is supposed to increase graphics. I copied this into a macro but have no idea if it saved. I clicked on the button and didn't see anything happen. But when I reloaded the game the graphics did look more brilliant and better. Here is what I copied:

/console farclip 777
    /console horizonfarclip 6226
    /console groundeffectdensity 256
    /console groundeffectdist 140
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3
    /console characterambient 0

After I typed that in, I drug the icon to the task bar and clicked it. Not sure if it worked or not. Any advice on creating them or know if it worked?

Patch 1.38B is poorly explained. It deleted everything in my Azeroth 1.38A folder and it doesn't explain what the patch file is for.

EDIT: I found the archive folder, but I don't know what exactly I did wrong.
    You tell me to overwrite things, but there's two separate folders with two servers and the patch thing destroyed my folder and now I can't get any of it back.

EDIT2: Okay, managed to get back to 1.38A, now trying to figure out what went wrong.

My confusion:

Last edited by Enigma2Me; 06-26-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma2Me View Post
    Patch 1.38B is poorly explained. It deleted everything in my Azeroth 1.38A folder and it doesn't explain what the patch file is for.

EDIT: I found the archive folder, but I don't know what exactly I did wrong.
    You tell me to overwrite things, but there's two separate folders with two servers and the patch thing destroyed my folder and now I can't get any of it back.

EDIT2: Okay, managed to get back to 1.38A, now trying to figure out what went wrong.

My confusion:

The patch is only designed to bring 1.38 in-line with my latest release 1.3.8b. If you have any custom content, you will need to backup your files and evaluate a path forward. (I do my best to archive data that I feel is, or could, be important to the user in case they need it back, but I do encourage all users to backup their own files before doing anything.)

While I can't tell you what went wrong with yours directly, I can try to explain what the patch is doing.

1) the first server folder you see will overwrite two files that need updated in your current version before the patch file can work. (Not much in there if you look around. An updated .cnf file for database and a .bat file for routing).
    2) The patcher will archive your data first, and then it will move the new pre-patched content into position.
    3) After the content is in position, it will import your saved accounts and characters into the new database.

This patch structure allows me to make adjustments to the repack directory, clean up old data that can get left behind, and future prep. The current and upcoming changes being made to the core make this patch method the most attractive option - There is a lot of table structure changes planned, and the old way I did things is messy, and will prove problematic in the days to come.

I am sorry for your plight, and I would love the opportunity to evaluate and learn from your situation.

Send me (do you still have my email address?) your 1.3.8a backup files and let me run a test patch to see what went wrong.

I'm here to help.
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 06-26-2019 at 10:16 AM.

I had to dump the files and repatch a copy of my 1.3.7 to the 1.38a again, but Iíll try again maybe tomorrow.

After I typed that in, I drug the icon to the task bar and clicked it. Not sure if it worked or not. Any advice on creating them or know if it worked?
    I run a macro that is close to yours:

/console overridefarclip 1
    /console farclip 1600
    /console smallcull 0
    /console characterAmbient 0
    /console extshadowquality 6
    /console environmentDetail 2

and if I recall correctly, my UI reloaded when I clicked the macro. Did yours not? I've tried other variables that didn't seem to do anything, and different settings for these listed, but for me this group and settings seemed to be the sweet spot. With modern hardware being as powerful as it is, and the game engine being so dated, you can easily push these settings past the point where they no longer provide any additional return. For example you can set the grass draw and horizon distances far past what the engine will actually render. I've gotten around some of this with the wow machinima tool, but personally I found it to be more trouble than its worth, and impractical for gaming only. I wish it was possible to run wotlk content in legion or bfa or something, but I guess 4k with these settings and the newer models and textures is as good as it gets. You've probably already watched several, but the video below shows the differences in a few of these settings.

youtube.com/watch?v=1hMhAJ-ChyA

Forgot to mention that I don't use the skylod one because the skybox is already terrible in wotlk, and the setting makes the clouds darker the higher you go.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know if they make a vanilla repack that has vas-autobalance or something similar? I have the lightshope pack which I enjoy, but it would be nice to be able to run content with a small group as we do in woltk. I have Brookstech' tbc pack also which doesn't seem to have it, so I'm guessing its a no go for cmangos. I know some of them have bots, but they just make we want to throw my pc off an overpass.
    Last edited by dhasslef; 06-26-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Macros

Quote Originally Posted by dhasslef View Post

/console farclip 1600
    /console smallcull 0

and if I recall correctly, my UI reloaded when I clicked the macro. Did yours not? I've tried other variables that didn't seem to do anything, and different settings for these listed, but for me this group and settings seemed to be the sweet spot. With modern hardware being as powerful as it is, and the game engine being so dated, you can easily push these settings past the point where they no longer provide any additional return. For example you can set the grass draw and horizon distances far past what the engine will actually render. I've gotten around some of this with the wow machinima tool, but personally I found it to be more trouble than its worth, and impractical for gaming only. I wish it was possible to run wotlk content in legion or bfa or something, but I guess 4k with these settings and the newer models and textures is as good as it gets. You've probably already watched several, but the video below shows the differences in a few of these settings.

Forgot to mention that I don't use the skylod one because the skybox is already terrible in wotlk, and the setting makes the clouds darker the higher you go.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know if they make a vanilla repack that has vas-autobalance or something similar? I have the lightshope pack which I enjoy, but it would be nice to be able to run content with a small group as we do in woltk. I have Brookstech' tbc pack also which doesn't seem to have it, so I'm guessing its a no go for cmangos. I know some of them have bots, but they just make we want to throw my pc off an overpass.
    No my UI didn't restart. I also didn't see any way to save it. But when I restarted the game the ground clutter seemed more dense and the clouds seemed to look thicker. Could you not just add these to the WTF file by typing SET in front of each command?

I had to dump the files and repatch a copy of my 1.3.7 to the 1.38a again, but Iíll try again maybe tomorrow.
    Using the data you sent me from 1.3.7, I set up a 1.3.8a to 1.3.8b version update. All of your accounts and characters made the trip successfully. The steps I followed were the same ones I outline on the main page, and the patch post:

Code:
    How To Patch:
    Backup your files (just in case) server/tools/2_BackupDatabase.bat
    Copy patch folder contents into your 1.3.8 directory and allow all overwrites to occur.
    Execute !_Launcher.bat
    Follow all on screen instructions
    Once complete close patch window
    As I've stated, I'm not sure what happened on your end, but I have not been able to reproduce a failed patch with your data... I allow for a 10 second ping each time I bring up or pull down a database. I wonder if your machine needs more time? If I may ask, what are your machine specs? I ask because if the databases are not fully loaded and/or shutdown when they need to be, problems could occur.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Nope.

/console farclip 1600
    /console smallcull 0

- - - Updated - - -

When I did my macro if I did it correctly as I mentioned before the ground clutter was much more dense as well as the cloud cover. One other thing is that the rain seemed much more intense. Looking at my graphic ui inside the game, I noticed that the distance draw had been moved. Everything else was on Ultra where I had left it. So the macro must have taken effect. If we could get the moving grass from the later xpacks into this one it would be perfect in my opinion. Also I did find a repack that is perfect to me. It was WOTLK like this one but had Pandaria ported into it. Had to download with a torrent though I think. I don't mess with those anymore. But I'm happy with this one and the graphics are probably the best they are going to get. Love the game play so far and no complaints at all. Got ten chars to level, and three expansions here to play so good to go for quite awhile

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    Using the data you sent me from 1.3.7, I set up a 1.3.8a to 1.3.8b version update. All of your accounts and characters made the trip successfully. The steps I followed were the same ones I outline on the main page, and the patch post:

Code:
    How To Patch:
    Backup your files (just in case) server/tools/2_BackupDatabase.bat
    Copy patch folder contents into your 1.3.8 directory and allow all overwrites to occur.
    Execute !_Launcher.bat
    Follow all on screen instructions
    Once complete close patch window
    As I've stated, I'm not sure what happened on your end, but I have not been able to reproduce a failed patch with your data... I allow for a 10 second ping each time I bring up or pull down a database. I wonder if your machine needs more time? If I may ask, what are your machine specs? I ask because if the databases are not fully loaded and/or shutdown when they need to be, problems could occur.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope.
    It has nothing to do with my machine specs. Your instructions were incredibly vague, and the way the folder was set up confused me. While I did add the files and overwrote things, I didnít know why you had another server file outside of the 1.3.8b folder and didnít know whether to add it in or not. And I had no idea what the patch file was for so I used it and then couldnít get anything right afterwards.

Edit: Sorry for the snappishness. just found the whole thing frustrating and Iím kind of distracted at the moment.
    Last edited by Enigma2Me; 06-26-2019 at 04:53 PM.

I also didn't see any way to save it..... Could you not just add these to the WTF file by typing SET in front of each command?
    It will save automatically and stay that way until you change anything in video settings. Yes I believe you can add those that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I did find a repack that is perfect to me. It was WOTLK like this one but had Pandaria ported into it. Had to download with a torrent though I think.
    I ran across either the same thing or something very similar before I found this one. Cata/MoP zones and items in wotlk. However the download links had been taken down and I had missed them by 2 days. Still kicking myself over that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    Nope.

Thanks for the answer, however disappointing it is.

Your instructions were incredibly vague...
    Actually they are verbose. You don't need "Follow all on screen instructions" since there aren't any.
    Just being a smart-a__ :-) Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Could you not just add these to the WTF file by typing SET in front of each command?
    Yes you can; its a good way to keep a record of what you've changed, particularly if you maintain multiple clients. Unless I'm wrong, the WTF file only applies to global parameters. There are also character specific parameters. You can find a complete listing for both here: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Cons.../Complete_list

EDIT: Duh, you can add the character specific vars to the character specific wtf.
    Last edited by vratam; 06-26-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Macros

Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    Actually they are verbose. You don't need "Follow all on screen instructions" since there aren't any.
    Just being a smart-a__ :-) Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Yes you can; its a good way to keep a record of what you've changed, particularly if you maintain multiple clients. Unless I'm wrong, the WTF file only applies to global parameters. There are also character specific parameters. You can find a complete listing for both here: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Cons.../Complete_list

EDIT: Duh, you can add the character specific vars to the character specific wtf.

Just watched the video linked above. Shame no one commented on it, it taught me a lot. I didn't realize that you could just type these into the chat window and automatically see the changes on the screen..What I had done was go to menu, choose macro and then made the icon. Then typed in the commands and then drug the icon to the taskbar. There was no save option or anything. I do believe the site said to restart the client to see the changes. It does look better in my opinion with more grass and bushes, the trees seem sharper, and the weather "rainstorm" was definitely heavier with a sort of fog included. Much like the real thing. But according to the video I can just type them like doing a GM code. I'm still learning about all of this. If I could just learn to build my own server with only Pandaria it in Thanks for all the suggestions!

@dhasslef I"d kick myself too LOL. Up until this expansion the game was great. Then the next one came and ruined the game. But I cheered up when Pandaria hit. So porting that into this one would be a perfect setup. But has to have moving grass. Still don't have that one yet.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    What I had done was go to menu, choose macro and then made the icon. Then typed in the commands and then drug the icon to the taskbar. There was no save option or anything.
    In current retail, at least last time I was logged in, there is a "save" button in the Macro panel. Here there is not, macros save automagically. Since I've never played retail WotLK, I don't know if this is something Blizzard changed or particular to the emulator cores.

FYI - fundamentally speaking, a macro is a sequencing of user input (generally keyboard or mouse) captured (or recorded), in order, to perform repetitive or time consuming tasks. In the case of WoW, most anything you can type in chat (which is essentially a console) may be placed into a macro and, certainly, anything the works in a macro can be typed out by hand. Furthermore, anything that can be made into a macro can be placed into an addon.

In WoW, addons use the LUA programming language (which is fairly easy to learn, relatively speaking) to provide conditions, calculations, the ability to save selections, etc. without the chat bar character limitation, which, naturally, extends to the macro as well (you can only have up to 255 characters in a single macro). Whether typed out, placed into a macro or expanded into an addon, all such modification, accessibility and automation interfaces with the identical API structure provided by the game engine.

...I could just learn to build my own server...
    You could learn to compile the source code to build your own server. BrooksTech provides the source code for AzerothCoreSolo, for example. The GNU licensing that, as far as I know, applies to all distributed WoW emulators means that the source code must be distributed along with it, that's open source! (Contrary to Blizzard, for example, whose source code is closed or proprietary.) Relatively speaking, building the source into a working application is not all that difficult, it just requires downloading and installing the necessary software and libraries required to make the build (all of which may be acquired free of charge); but modifying the source code to include custom designs and such requires the proper programming language know-how.

Nothing you can't simply learn, if you have the desire :-)

BTW - If you're really interested in building the source yourself, both the AzerothCore and TrinityCore websites have step by step instruction on how to do so. Just prepare yourself for a learning curve :-)