Welcome to AC Web.
Page 103 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1989
  1. #1531

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Tomorrow I will be putting up a link for an experimental build 1.3.9ex. To use it will be a simple copy and paste of three small files:
    1)worldserver.exe
    2)BalanceSolo.conf
    3)BalanceSolo.conf.dist

    I don't know when I will get the time to look at BalanceSolo again and I would like for some of you to get a chance to mess around with it -- if you want. I will have better notes for you -- I'm playing with it tonight and I feel like it could be fun for some of you even in its current state.

    It was born from your feedback regarding the World Scaling feature which I unlocked in 1.3.8c (early)

    If nothing else, you can tell me if it's worth putting more effort into.

  2. #1532

    Balance Solo

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    Tomorrow I will be putting up a link for an experimental build 1.3.9ex. To use it will be a simple copy and paste of three small files:
    1)worldserver.exe
    2)BalanceSolo.conf
    3)BalanceSolo.conf.dist

    I don't know when I will get the time to look at BalanceSolo again and I would like for some of you to get a chance to mess around with it -- if you want. I will have better notes for you -- I'm playing with it tonight and I feel like it could be fun for some of you even in its current state.

    It was born from your feedback regarding the World Scaling feature which I unlocked in 1.3.8c (early)

    If nothing else, you can tell me if it's worth putting more effort into.
    What was Balance Solo for again? Was the setting that kept mobs to only 3 levels ahead of you etc? I did like that.

  3. #1533
    I'm loving the latest release. One question though, killing an elite gives honor like before (a cool feature) but the chat prints that it was an 'honourable' kill, is it supposed to up PVP kills tally? (for the honourable kills achievements) If not, could it?

    Thanks!

    Edit: I like BalanceSolo and the recent changes, couldn't play without it
    Last edited by FishGlyph; 12-31-2019 at 12:03 PM.

  4. #1534
    hi BrookTech it me again sorry if i bother you too much about this problem :< but it seem like my sever crash everytime when i shut it down and when i look in to the Crash Folder in the Sever it have some text file name like this "1d78f63bfcc0+_worldserver.exe_[31-12_20-50-26]" and look like it create a new one every time i i shut down the sever i try to look into it and fix it by myself but i am dumb :[

  5. #1535
    Quote Originally Posted by tathanhdat08 View Post
    hi BrookTech it me again sorry if i bother you too much about this problem :< but it seem like my sever crash everytime when i shut it down and when i look in to the Crash Folder in the Sever it have some text file name like this "1d78f63bfcc0+_worldserver.exe_[31-12_20-50-26]" and look like it create a new one every time i i shut down the sever i try to look into it and fix it by myself but i am dumb :[
    Yes, this log started after last core update. It is nothing to worry about -- I've traced them.

    @FishGlyph: I'm not sure if will count for the achievement or not, it's a good question!

  6. #1536
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    @FishGlyph: I'm not sure if will count for the achievement or not, it's a good question!
    It doesn't unfortunately, but I'm wondering if it would be made possible? I have no knowledge of these things

  7. #1537
    Quote Originally Posted by FishGlyph View Post
    It doesn't unfortunately, but I'm wondering if it would be made possible? I have no knowledge of these things
    I can put it on my list, but I can't promise when I will get to it.

  8. #1538
    Does .AutoBalance setoffset 2 command affects all instances or dungeons only?
    Don't think raids would be soloable then

  9. #1539
    Quote Originally Posted by Leevere View Post
    Does .AutoBalance setoffset 2 command affects all instances or dungeons only?
    Don't think raids would be soloable then
    It effects all, the algorithm treats you like two players instead of 1. Raids will be harder, but only slightly?

    - - - Updated - - -

    BalanceSolo

    Notice: Before using, enable BalanceSolo (disabled by default) and disable VAS Autobalance or -- OR -- see the bottom of this post for super secret features.

    BalanceSolo is a JIT combat algorithm that takes a 'different' approach at adjusting WoW for solo play. This module is a 'proof of concept' more than anything. It was born from a topic discussion with members of this forum about world scaling in real time.

    BalanceSolo is not perfect and it can be manipulated in unfair ways just like all the other auto balance tools. Each class, in wow, is different. Settings that work great for one class or play style may need to be re-imagined for another.

    Features:
    • Every setting is adjustable in real time -- even during combat (you may want to use macros)
    • Adjustable Combat Difficulty
    • Level Scaling (should be called Level Gate because scale is the wrong term) Creatures higher than x levels above the player will not be scaled.
    • Auto clear unfair auras
    • Auto Kill an adjustable number of ADDS
    • Refresh player health, and mana after combat
    • Reduce creature pack damage
    • Boost player damage in multi target situations
    • Redirect an adjustable amount of player generated threat to a pet
    • Pets and spell based shields, and absorbs take full damage -- this is by design.


    The config file defines the modules capabilities.

    Code:
    #####################################################################################################
    # Module:   BalanceSolo
    # Code:     Dunjeon 2019
    # Core:     Azerothcore
    # Repack:   Solo Friendly with Eluna
    # Function: Scale content in realtime to empower solo play.
    #####################################################################################################
    [worldserver]
    
    # Announce
    #####################################################################################################
    # Announce  BalanceSolo
    # Description: Announce that BalanceSolo is active when a player logs in
    # Settings: 0 = off, 1 = on
    # Default:  0 
    # Example:  BalanceSolo.Announce = 0
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.Announce = 0
    
    # Enable
    #####################################################################################################
    # Enable BalanceSolo
    # In-Game Command: .bs Enable
    # Description: Enable or Disable BalanceSolo
    # Settings: 0 = off, 1 = on
    # Default:  0
    # Example:  BalanceSolo.Enable = 1
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.Enable = 0
    
    # Combat Difficulty
    #####################################################################################################
    # CombatDifficulty: 
    # In-Game Command: .bs CombatDifficulty x   
    # Description: Set combat difficulty
    # Settings:    0 = Blizzlike, 1 = Easiest, -> 
    #              Combat difficulty will never exceed Blizzlike...
    #              With that in mind, theoretic difficulty limit = 99999999, but after x it reverts to 0.
    #              x is defined on a case by case basis because each fight is unique.
    #              I recommend increase the value by + 10, when seeking more difficulty. (10, 20, 30 ->)  
    # Defaults:    10
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.CombatDifficulty = 10
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.CombatDifficulty = 10
    
    # Level Scaling
    #####################################################################################################
    # LevelScaling:
    # In-Game Command: .bs LevelScaling x
    # Description: How many levels above the player before the creature stops being scaled 
    # Settings:    3 = 1 level higher than player, etc...          
    # Defaults:    3
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.LevelScaling_High = 3  
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.LevelScaling_High = 3
    
    # Clear Unfair Auras
    #####################################################################################################
    # ClearUnfairAuras:
    # In-Game Command: .bs ClearUnfairAuras x
    # Description: Automatically remove Auras that have been applied to the player that can be considered
    #              as 'unfair' for solo based game-play. 
    # Settings:    0 = off, 1 = on       
    # Defaults:    1
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.ClearUnfairAuras = 1
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.ClearUnfairAuras = 1
    
    # Auto Kill ADDS
    #####################################################################################################
    # AutoKillAdds:
    # In-Game Command: .bs AutoKillAdds x  
    # Description: Automatically kill ADDS spawned by hostile creatures.
    # Settings:    1 = kill all ADDS, 2  = Kill ADDS if the player is being attacked by > 1, etc...    
    # Defaults:    2 (I chose 2 as default to allow creatures to have pets -- hunters, warlocks, etc...)
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.AutoKillAdds = 2
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.AutoKillAdds = 2
    
    # Refresh After Combat
    #####################################################################################################
    # RefreshAfterCombat:
    # In-Game Command: .bs RefreshAfterCombat x    
    # Description: Refresh player health, and mana after combat.
    # Settings:    0 = off, 1 = on  
    # Defaults:    0
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.RefreshAfterCombat = 0
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.RefreshAfterCombat = 0
    
    # Reduce Pack Damage
    #####################################################################################################
    # ReducePackDamage:
    # In-Game Command: .bs ReducePackDamage x    
    # Description: Reduce damage taken from multiple targets
    #              In the case of 4 creatures, damage taken would be Damage = d / 4
    #              This can be helpful in some dungeons and boss fights
    # Settings:    0 = off, 1 = on  
    # Defaults:    1
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.ReducePackDamage = 0
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.ReducePackDamage = 1
    
    # Boost Multi Damage
    #####################################################################################################
    # BoostMultiDmg:
    # In-Game Command: .bs BoostMultiDmg x    
    # Description: Increase damage when engaging multiple targets
    #              In the case of 4 creatures, damage would be Damage = d * 4
    #              Either use this or ReducePackDamage... both would be broke AF
    # Settings:    0 = off, 1 = on  
    # Defaults:    0
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.BoostMultiDmg = 0
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.BoostMultiDmg = 0
    
    # Redirect Threat To Pet
    #####################################################################################################
    # RedirectThreatToPet:
    # In-Game Command: .bs RedirectThreatToPet x   
    # In-Game Command: .bs RedirectThreatAmount x   
    # Description: Redirect player generated threat to pet -- It will be the best tank you've ever had!
    # Settings:    RedirectThreatToPet: 0 = off, 1 = on 
    #              RedirectThreatAmount: 100 = 100% threat redirected, 50 = 50%, etc... 
    # Defaults:    1
    #              100
    # Example:     BalanceSolo.RedirectThreatToPet = 1
    #              BalanceSolo.RedirectPct = 100
    #####################################################################################################
    BalanceSolo.RedirectThreatToPet = 1
    BalanceSolo.RedirectThreatAmount = 100
    Additionally, if your prefer the scaling provided by AutoBalance (vas), it is possible to use some of the features in BalanceSolo alongside the aforementioned. In order to do this, set CombatDifficulty = 0 and then enable or disable the other features... some tweaking will likely be required to get it 'just' right -- such as BalanceSolo.LevelScaling to match your AutoBalance(vas) setup.
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 12-31-2019 at 08:47 PM.

  10. #1540
    The latest patch executed flawlessly! Everything is as it should be, thank you so much for all your efforts. I'll begin playing with the Balance Solo soon and report back

  11. #1541


    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    rural America
    Posts
    273
    @BrooksTech and any one else interested:

    As some of you in this forum know, I have a very heavily modified database that resides in a stationary location (i.e., I do not use the standalone MySQL version that comes with the repack), which also contains many tables that have nothing to do with AzerothCoreSolo. Since the AzerothCore and TrinityCore developers are manipulating the DB fields and whatnot so both cores share the same DB schema (a good idea in the long run), such changes can make using a custom DB instance a nightmare to update. The last update, for instance, was extremely problematic and forced me to spend time developing custom SQL scripts for my system.

    A second issue I have is that I've developed a broad, browser-based PHP application that reads from and writes to the DB. It grants easily viewable and organized access to a vast array of information (e.g., characters and their stats, quests, locations, etc.; all items available in game; and so on) without having to start the servers (my DB instance runs independently) or read data through a DB client. Naturally, any pertinent changes made to the DB schema must be updated in this application as well.

    With that being said, I was not looking forward to updating and have been considering not doing so (the last time, having only a few characters, I decided to simply start all new characters, but this go-around I have eleven, with at least seven that I was not readily willing to sacrifice so easily). After a few individuals here made mention that their characters were carried over essentially without incident, and due to a methodological idea of procedure which came to me earlier today, I decided to attempt it.

    I am thrilled to announce that the update went off without a hitch: my characters and all my DB modifications have transferred without error (as far as I can presently ascertain). Thank you, BrooksTech, for the batch file, and thanks to all those who posted their update experience.

    Now, to figure out this BalanceSolo

    - - - Updated - - -

    @BrooksTech

    Hey, what's up?

    from Mega (attempting to download BalanceSolo):

    The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
    This could be due to the following reasons:
    The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
    Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
    The file has been deleted by the user.
    Last edited by vratam; 12-31-2019 at 11:12 PM.

  12. #1542
    Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    @BrooksTech and any one else interested:

    As some of you in this forum know, I have a very heavily modified database that resides in a stationary location (i.e., I do not use the standalone MySQL version that comes with the repack), which also contains many tables that have nothing to do with AzerothCoreSolo. Since the AzerothCore and TrinityCore developers are manipulating the DB fields and whatnot so both cores share the same DB schema (a good idea in the long run), such changes can make using a custom DB instance a nightmare to update. The last update, for instance, was extremely problematic and forced me to spend time developing custom SQL scripts for my system.

    A second issue I have is that I've developed a broad, browser-based PHP application that reads from and writes to the DB. It grants easily viewable and organized access to a vast array of information (e.g., characters and their stats, quests, locations, etc.; all items available in game; and so on) without having to start the servers (my DB instance runs independently) or read data through a DB client. Naturally, any pertinent changes made to the DB schema must be updated in this application as well.

    With that being said, I was not looking forward to updating and have been considering not doing so (the last time, having only a few characters, I decided to simply start all new characters, but this go-around I have eleven, with at least seven that I was not readily willing to sacrifice so easily). After a few individuals here made mention that their characters were carried over essentially without incident, and due to a methodological idea of procedure which came to me earlier today, I decided to attempt it.

    I am thrilled to announce that the update went off without a hitch: my characters and all my DB modifications have transferred without error (as far as I can presently ascertain). Thank you, BrooksTech, for the batch file, and thanks to all those who posted their update experience.

    Now, to figure out this BalanceSolo

    - - - Updated - - -

    @BrooksTech

    Hey, what's up?

    from Mega (attempting to download BalanceSolo):

    The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
    This could be due to the following reasons:
    The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
    Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
    The file has been deleted by the user.
    Great news! I was worried about you, honestly.

    Go easy on BalanceSolo the combat difficulty isn't where it needs to be (casters are broke AF!)... but the code is mostly done, I just need to work with the maths.

    Also, if you downloaded the 1.3.9ex update before reading this post (TimeStamp), please re-download it. I had to fix an error between AutoRevive and BalanceSolo that came up even in their disabled state. (It's funny the issues you find once you think it's done).

  13. #1543

    Vratam Weather and Speed Macros

    Vratam...Would you mind posting the macros weather and speed again. My macros have mysteriously disappeared from all backups I have. I had one I've not used since Brooks took time off and they are gone!

  14. #1544


    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    rural America
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    Vratam...Would you mind posting the macros weather and speed again. My macros have mysteriously disappeared from all backups I have. I had one I've not used since Brooks took time off and they are gone!
    I rarely change the weather (I think of it as part of the game mechanics), but to do so, use the GM command:

    .wchange [weathertype] [status]

    [weathertype] = 1 rain, 2 snow, 3 sand (remember, not all zones have changeable weather)
    [status] = 0 disable, 1 enable

    The speed macro examples I gave are found in post #454. I don't know if everyone sees the same number of posts per page, but for me its page 31.

    FYI - Personally, I keep a text document containing all the macros I devise (or those I find and like). Not only does it prevent loss, as in your case, but also comes in very handy when making a new account and having to duplicate them. Something to consider

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    Great news! I was worried about you, honestly.

    Go easy on BalanceSolo the combat difficulty isn't where it needs to be (casters are broke AF!)... but the code is mostly done, I just need to work with the maths.

    Also, if you downloaded the 1.3.9ex update before reading this post (TimeStamp), please re-download it. I had to fix an error between AutoRevive and BalanceSolo that came up even in their disabled state. (It's funny the issues you find once you think it's done).
    I have a fresh download now (I assume you had the link disabled earlier while fixing the error) and will heed your advice. Thanks!

    P.S. Software development is like any art form: its NEVER DONE, you simply just decide upon a stopping point. Unlike the fine arts, however, when an issue, conflict or bug surfaces, you usually have to fix it

  15. #1545

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I'm going to be working on the BalanceSolo CombatDifficulty calculations for the remainder of the week. In it's current state, it's mostly just a proof of concept, but I think it's close enough to try and finalize before I have to go back to work on Monday.

    @vratam Truth!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •