Welcome to AC Web.
Page 101 of 133 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1987

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Downloaded patch and extracted it. Started server and client all loaded fine. But like last time, no characters. I did use a copy of the server to patch so character files are saved in other folder. Is there a way I can fix this that isn't too difficult as I know you're busy with new job and all. Everything booted up great.
    Last edited by Shadowmonkey; 12-29-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    Downloaded patch and extracted it. Started server and client all loaded fine. But like last time, no characters. I did use a copy of the server to patch so character files are saved in other folder. Is there a way I can fix this that isn't too difficult as I know you're busy with new job and all. Everything booted up great.
    Send me an email with your auth and character sql from 1.3.8 so I can see what is going on. (I'm still on holiday so I have some free time).

Had an error "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found" when running the new Solo Launcher, fixed by installing from https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...al-c-downloads
    Last edited by FishGlyph; 12-29-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishGlyph View Post
    Had an error "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found" when running the new Solo Launcher, fixed by installing from https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...al-c-downloads
    Thanks for the note!

I do have some runtime packages in server/tools/dep to run in case of errors such as this. I think the above is included -- although it's been a good while since I checked on my dep folder.

Thanks for the update mate.
    Happy new year!

Thx Brook, it's great Xmas gift ! 😁

Tnx for your hard work Brook, you are the Boss!
    Is true the voice that I heard about future feature about pvp (solo war or something)???????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
    Damn...this repack with pvp features... The king of repack!

Another report,
    applied patch and started up new server. Unable to use my previous accounts and characters, they simply do not exist anymore.

I'll go back to my backup of 1.38.c(early) until this gets sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellypowered View Post
    Another report,
    applied patch and started up new server. Unable to use my previous accounts and characters, they simply do not exist anymore.

I'll go back to my backup of 1.38.c(early) until this gets sorted out.
    Thanks for the note

Same for me - updated from 1.3.8b -> 1.3.9 using the patch. I had several different accounts setup on the 1.3.8b server, with various characters assigned to various accounts. Before applying the patch, I made a backup of my entire 1.3.8b directory, just in case.

After applying the patch, I noticed that one of my accounts was no longer accessible. I compared the 1.3.8b auth.sql file to the 1.3.9 auth.sql file, and noticed that, previously, the ADMIN and PLAYER accounts were using ID 11 and 12 respectively. The first account I had created on the 1.3.8b server therefore was using ID 13. After applying the 1.3.9 patch, the new auth.sql file had ADMIN and PLAYER accounts using 12 and 13 respectively. This overwrote my previously first created account, but left the characters all intact and assigned to the PLAYER account instead. So if I login with playerlayer, I can still access those characters. Thankfully, I never used the PLAYER account, so I haven't lost any data here. I've gone directly into the 1.3.9 DB, renamed the PLAYER account to my overwritten account name, resalted and SHA1'd my password, removed the keys in the 'v' and 's' fields, and I've been able to login to my characters the same way I had been doing so previously.

Some other observations:

* the data in the server\tools\auto_backup\1.3.8x\auth.sql file contain all the correct information.
    * the data in the server\tools\backup\patch\auth.sql file contains ONLY the ADMIN and PLAYER account information, however, in there, the IDs are already incremented to 12 and 13 respectively (meaning this file was already setup to overwrite one of my existing account IDs, so maybe whatever is generating this file is the issue?)
    * I'm not sure why the IDs of the default accounts were incremented (are incrementing?). If that continues to happen, that can be a problem with overwritten data in the long term as patches continue to march onwards.
    * I probably could have created a new account and just changed the account ID on all the characters, but I wasn't sure if the account ID is referenced anywhere else in the DB, or what other relationships it has linked to it. I need to spend more time learning the DB, for sure.
    * Is there a more graceful way to normally handle changes to .conf files in the server root directory other than manually running a diff on them? I noticed there were some new additions to these files, so it's not as simple as preserving the pre-existing conf files. I think I read in a previous post that you're working on creating a smoother patching process for the future (I think? this has been an enormous thread for me to ingest start to finish over the past two days), so maybe gracefully handling .conf file changes is already in the works? If not, it's not the end of the world for me. It's handled easily enough through a manual process for now. I might whip something together in Python though if that'd be helpful for anyone?

All that said, this Repack has been a joy to play and use. I've been fiddling with it off and on over the past few weeks, just for tinkering and curiosity. But this past weekend, I got it setup to allow a couple of my buddies to login from across the country, and we're getting ready to have a blast with it. I have to say, @Brooks, your dedication and focus on this project is outstanding. The caliber of your work, along with your willingness to dive in and handle user requests has been inspiring. Thanks so much for all your hard work, and congrats on the new gig! If you give your new employer even half of what you've given this community, they're damn lucky to have you.

Hi all,
    sorry but Im a noob.. How I can use this code in my Database? :

use world;
    UPDATE item_template
    SET RequiredLevel = 1
    WHERE RequiredLevel != 1;
    UPDATE Quest_Template
    SET QuestLevel = -1, MinLevel = 1
    WHERE QuestLevel != -1 OR MinLevel != 1;

I've to add it at the end lines in the "MY" file (inside the Database folder)?

Tnx for help

Same for me - updated from 1.3.8b -> 1.3.9 using the patch. I had several different accounts setup on the 1.3.8b server, with various characters assigned to various accounts. Before applying the patch, I made a backup of my entire 1.3.8b directory, just in case.

After applying the patch, I noticed that one of my accounts was no longer accessible. I compared the 1.3.8b auth.sql file to the 1.3.9 auth.sql file, and noticed that, previously, the ADMIN and PLAYER accounts were using ID 11 and 12 respectively. The first account I had created on the 1.3.8b server therefore was using ID 13. After applying the 1.3.9 patch, the new auth.sql file had ADMIN and PLAYER accounts using 12 and 13 respectively. This overwrote my previously first created account, but left the characters all intact and assigned to the PLAYER account instead. So if I login with player :: player, I can still access those characters. Thankfully, I never used the PLAYER account, so I haven't lost any data here. I've gone directly into the 1.3.9 DB, renamed the PLAYER account to my overwritten account name, resalted and SHA1'd my password, removed the keys in the 'v' and 's' fields, and I've been able to login to my characters the same way I had been doing so previously.

Some other observations:

* the data in the server\tools\auto_backup\1.3.8x\auth.sql file contain all the correct information.
    * the data in the server\tools\backup\patch\auth.sql file contains ONLY the ADMIN and PLAYER account information, however, in there, the IDs are already incremented to 12 and 13 respectively (meaning this file was already setup to overwrite one of my existing account IDs, so maybe whatever is generating this file is the issue?)
    * I'm not sure why the IDs of the default accounts were incremented (are incrementing?). If that continues to happen, that can be a problem with overwritten data in the long term as patches continue to march onwards.
    * I probably could have created a new account and just changed the account ID on all the characters, but I wasn't sure if the account ID is referenced anywhere else in the DB, or what other relationships it has linked to it. I need to spend more time learning the DB, for sure.
    * Is there a more graceful way to normally handle changes to .conf files in the server root directory other than manually running a diff on them? I noticed there were some new additions to these files, so it's not as simple as preserving the pre-existing conf files. I think I read in a previous post that you're working on creating a smoother patching process for the future (I think? this has been an enormous thread for me to ingest start to finish over the past two days), so maybe gracefully handling .conf file changes is already in the works? If not, it's not the end of the world for me. It's handled easily enough through a manual process for now. I might whip something together in Python though if that'd be helpful for anyone?

All that said, this Repack has been a joy to play and use. I've been fiddling with it off and on over the past few weeks, just for tinkering and curiosity. But this past weekend, I got it setup to allow a couple of my buddies to login from across the country, and we're getting ready to have a blast with it. I have to say, @Brooks, your dedication and focus on this project is outstanding. The caliber of your work, along with your willingness to dive in and handle user requests has been inspiring. Thanks so much for all your hard work, and congrats on the new gig! If you give your new employer even half of what you've given this community, they're damn lucky to have you.

-- edit --

Oh, one other thing I noticed regarding the patch process.....

Changes to the auth.realmlist Table weren't preserved. I had to go back in and manually re-edit those so the server could still be recognized externally from my network.

Not exactly difficult to fix on my end, but just making you aware in case you weren't.

After applying the patch, I noticed that one of my accounts was no longer accessible. I compared the 1.3.8b auth.sql file to the 1.3.9 auth.sql file, and noticed that, previously, the ADMIN and PLAYER accounts were using ID 11 and 12 respectively. The first account I had created on the 1.3.8b server therefore was using ID 13. After applying the 1.3.9 patch, the new auth.sql file had ADMIN and PLAYER accounts using 12 and 13 respectively. This overwrote my previously first created account, but left the characters all intact and assigned to the PLAYER account instead. So if I login with playerlayer, I can still access those characters. Thankfully, I never used the PLAYER account, so I haven't lost any data here. I've gone directly into the 1.3.9 DB, renamed the PLAYER account to my overwritten account name, resalted and SHA1'd my password, removed the keys in the 'v' and 's' fields, and I've been able to login to my characters the same way I had been doing so previously.

Some other observations:

* Changes to the auth.realmlist DB Table weren't preserved during the patch process. I had to go back in and manually edit the IP addresses so my server was still accessible externally from my network. Not exactly a huge issue to fix on my end, but just wanted to make you aware in case you weren't.

And another report on upgrade.

Applied patch and after it succesfully ended - server starts ok.
    But the characters I created are shifted (I use the default accounts)
    Under account "Player" - no characters after patch , should be 3 (my main gaming account)
    Under account "Admin" it shows all characters from account "Player", but no characters (should be atleast 2, Ahbot one of them) from 1.38.

@BrooksTech Since I am finaly allowed to post here (by blessings of AC web), my deepest gratitude for all the work you have done and will be doing to keep Warcraft single player spirit up ! Thanks mate !
    Last edited by Ektufall; 12-30-2019 at 12:27 PM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektufall View Post
    And another report on upgrade.

Applied patch and after it succesfully ended - server starts ok.
    But the characters I created are shifted (I use the default accounts)
    Under account "Player" - no characters after patch , should be 3 (my main gaming account)
    Under account "Admin" it shows all characters from account "Player", but no characters (should be atleast 2, Ahbot one of them) from 1.38.

@BrooksTech Since I am finaly allowed to post here (by blessings of AC web), my deepest gratitude for all the work you have done and will be doing to keep Warcraft single player spirit up ! Thanks mate !
    Perfect, thanks!

I pulled the patch link until l get this corrected.

If you need to "roll back" (after the patch) I store your old data in server/tools/auto_backup/archive