Welcome to AC Web.
Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    @BrooksTech

Hi. I just tried updating to 1.3.8a. Overwrote the patch files in my 1.3.8 directory as instructed. Everything else is from the fresh install. When I execute !_ApplyPatch.bat I get this:

Code:
    Saving Auth
    mysqldump: Got error: 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) when trying to connect
    Saving Characters
    mysqldump: Got error: 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) when trying to connect
    Saving World

backup\patch\world.sql
    ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)

Updates\06_update_auth\2019_02_17_00.sql
    Updates\06_update_auth\2019_04_13_00.sql

Updates\07_update_characters\2019_02_17_00.sql
    Updates\07_update_characters\2019_05_12_00.sql
    Updates\07_update_characters\2019_05_15_00.sql

Updates\10_custom_characters\IndividualXP.sql
    Updates\10_custom_characters\trasmorg.sql

Database Maintenance
    mysqlcheck: Got error: 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) when trying to connect
    mysqlcheck: Got error: 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) when trying to connect

Remove old data if needed
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    I've attempted to troubleshoot the batch file but I can't seem to find anything that seems out of place. Any suggestions?

EDIT: nevermind, I had another instance of MySQL running; when I shut it down the update took!
    Last edited by vratam; 06-16-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    I'm just trying to get straight which patches are coming from which collection.
    Several of the patches are different versions of the same thing, simply renamed. Most of these that are included in packs are going to be older versions, and will lack the compatibility fixes and updates included in the newer ones, which is why I suggest getting them directly from the authors posts if you know what they are. You will often get good info from the forum posts about what they do, what they will and will not conflict with, and any known issues.

Fisternis' has tilesets. They don't appear to have been updated in a while so those in the packs are probably current, and still seem to be the "go to". His character models do not include npcs, or goblins, and there is a more recent version on the mod sites than is being circulated in a lot of packs.

Leeviathan has character models as well, and these do include npcs, as well as goblins now. You will find a more recent version on mod sites for this also.

You can mix and match patches from different places/packs, but without knowing what they modify you can run into issues. As an example, for the above mentioned character models, use one or the other and not both, but if they're in a pack and renamed you wouldn't know.

I only posted links to the all-in-one for those looking to use the sunlight patch which was unavailable elsewhere. I wouldn't recommend the character or creature models from that compilation because they are an older version.

Regarding the files from the youtube post, it is difficult to tell what they are because there is no documentation with them. He mentions fisternis in the video though, and I suspect it's using his character, creature, and tilesets. The character models contained in that pack do not include npc's, or goblins. The compilation also contains 2x different blood patches (m, n), 2x different procedural water patches (4, p), and two differently named copies of the exact same creature model patch (d, e).

@Shadowmonkey

You keep mentioning one has mount mods the other does not. Can you give an example of what is missing or changed between the two. I'm unable to locate the difference, but would love to add more to my patches if I'm missing something.

@BrooksTech

Can you elaborate of the what this is or does, or what is different, or point me to where you have if I have missed it. --> Angel function (VAS replacement) Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dhasslef View Post
    Several of the patches are different versions of the same thing, simply renamed. Most of these that are included in packs are going to be older versions, and will lack the compatibility fixes and updates included in the newer ones, which is why I suggest getting them directly from the authors posts if you know what they are. You will often get good info from the forum posts about what they do, what they will and will not conflict with, and any known issues.

Fisternis' has tilesets. They don't appear to have been updated in a while so those in the packs are probably current, and still seem to be the "go to". His character models do not include npcs, or goblins, and there is a more recent version on the mod sites than is being circulated in a lot of packs.

Leeviathan has character models as well, and these do include npcs, as well as goblins now. You will find a more recent version on mod sites for this also.

You can mix and match patches from different places/packs, but without knowing what they modify you can run into issues. As an example, for the above mentioned character models, use one or the other and not both, but if they're in a pack and renamed you wouldn't know.

I only posted links to the all-in-one for those looking to use the sunlight patch which was unavailable elsewhere. I wouldn't recommend the character or creature models from that compilation because they are an older version.

Regarding the files from the youtube post, it is difficult to tell what they are because there is no documentation with them. He mentions fisternis in the video though, and I suspect it's using his character, creature, and tilesets. The character models contained in that pack do not include npc's, or goblins. The compilation also contains 2x different blood patches (m, n), 2x different procedural water patches (4, p), and two differently named copies of the exact same creature model patch (d, e).

@Shadowmonkey

You keep mentioning one has mount mods the other does not. Can you give an example of what is missing or changed between the two. I'm unable to locate the difference, but would love to add more to my patches if I'm missing something.

@BrooksTech

Can you elaborate of the what this is or does, or what is different, or point me to where you have if I have missed it. --> Angel function (VAS replacement) Thanks.
    @dhasslef When I installed only the All in One set my warlock and gnome mounts stayed the same. When using the set that I linked , there were modded changes to those mounts. E.G. the Felsteed and Mechanic Bird mounts. Also there seems to be changes in the Gryphons that fly mainly between Elven cities. Darnassus at the Sabre mount dealer, the mounts have been amour-ed and are definitely modded. But for sure the Warlock and Gnome mounts are modded very differently. I'm thinking it may be Patch 6. Don't remember as I installed each one at a time until I saw the mount mods kick in. But these changes were not in the All in One set. I'm looking at the Sabre mounts in Darn right now. They have different saddles and some are heavily armored. Hope that helps a little. Thanks for the info on the water patches. Turns out I have those removed and am using the Cata-Water patch. Seems more realistic to me.
    Last edited by Shadowmonkey; 06-16-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhasslef View Post

@BrooksTech

"Angel" is my attempt at a small Artificial Neural Network (ANN) designed to replace VAS with attention given to low cost performance. It runs on a bot framework built into my 1.4 launcher. It is in "friends and family" closed beta at the moment. The goal of Angel is to have a system that can balance battles evenly regardless of number of players their classes or boss fight. It is an ambitious WIP that is taking longer than I had hoped to complete, but I think it could be a real asset to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    "Angel" is my attempt at a small Artificial Neural Network (ANN) designed to replace VAS with attention given to low cost performance. It runs on a bot framework built into my 1.4 launcher. It is in "friends and family" closed beta at the moment. The goal of Angel is to have a system that can balance battles evenly regardless of number of players their classes or boss fight. It is an ambitious WIP that is taking longer than I had hoped to complete, but I think it could be a real asset to the community.
    Wow..Sounds great. Wish I knew something about programming. Always wanted too. Guess something like this would be a good place to start.

I seem to be having an issue involving exp gain after a fresh install of 1.3.8a. Neither enemies or quests are giving experience. Am I missing something here? Should I just do a fresh install again?
    Apologies if it's a matter of a simple solution I've simply overlooked, but I can't seem to find a similar issue in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    Gnome...
    Thanks for the info. Alliance would be why I never noticed. I do see now that some of the cats are configured and textured differently. I've seen a few mods around that added several newer mount models from BFA iirc and thought maybe you were referring to that.

@BrooksTech

Much appreciated. My friends and I love VAS (probably the main reason I dropped trinitycore for this repack) so I was nervous when I saw that post.

Client Upgrade Patches

I found these on Youtube.com months ago when I joined this site. These are the patches needed to upgrade the store bought DVD client of WOTLK. It will upgrade it to the required version to work with this server. If there is a legal problem with me posting this Brooks please remove it. But I did look on Blizz website and they say it's OK to host the patches as long as they are not modified in any way. Here is the link to anyone who needs them. Just extract and install them in order 1-11.

https://mega.nz/#!i8FljKII!HwCabha5S...gkV-KrkdLixvco
    Last edited by Shadowmonkey; 06-16-2019 at 09:12 PM.

I think I'm currently using AzerothCore 1.37 atm, since I downloaded it from the first page and never bothered to check on the other pages for any patches. What should I do in regards to patching? Also I'd like for more extensive instructions if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbleRouser View Post
    I seem to be having an issue involving exp gain after a fresh install of 1.3.8a. Neither enemies or quests are giving experience. Am I missing something here? Should I just do a fresh install again?
    Apologies if it's a matter of a simple solution I've simply overlooked, but I can't seem to find a similar issue in the thread.
    I'll look it over real quick! During testing, I may have shut off XP for the admin account... If so, I'm sorry for this.

In chat window try:
    .xp set 1

If that doesn't work, I will post a hotfix soon. XP works for me, but I was doing some work with that module this morning...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma2Me View Post
    I think I'm currently using AzerothCore 1.37 atm, since I downloaded it from the first page and never bothered to check on the other pages for any patches. What should I do in regards to patching? Also I'd like for more extensive instructions if it's possible.
    Send me a PM, and I will give you my email address. From there, I will help guide you along the proper path.

Oh, and all patches are always on the main page. I may also post them deeper, but they are just copy/paste of the main page offerings.

That definitely worked! All is good now on the XP front. Thanks, man.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbleRouser View Post
    That definitely worked! All is good now on the XP front. Thanks, man.
    Good to know! Thumbs high!

Good to know! Thumbs high!
    I just tested mine logged in as Admin. I gained about four bars of XP per quest no problems. But I did notice I can still only search for one item at a time as in ore,herbs, FP's, etc. Were you changing that? Not a big deal but I figured if we can have up to ten occupations we might need the higher search options.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    I just tested mine logged in as Admin. I gained about four bars of XP per quest no problems. But I did notice I can still only search for one item at a time as in ore,herbs, FP's, etc. Were you changing that? Not a big deal but I figured if we can have up to ten occupations we might need the higher search options.
    I've tested ore and herbs at the same time, and it is working. I will check again when I log in for testing.

It is working (see image below). Did you activate both "find minerals" and "find herbs" in your power book?

multitrack.jpg
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 06-17-2019 at 12:17 AM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I've tested ore and herbs at the same time, and it is working. I will check again when I log in for testing.

It is working (see image below). Did you activate both "find minerals" and "find herbs" in your power book?

multitrack.jpg
    Powerbook? No I just used the icon next to the map where the indicator usually is. I'll go back try it again.