Welcome to AC Web.
Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1138
  1. #1096

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    I didn't realize this was an issue. Does not the worldserver.conf parameter, Rate.Honor, adjust for the overall gain? I, personally, like my current acquisition of Honor points and have this value set to 1 (which is the default setting). Can it not be set to .5 or .25 to slow the rate of acquisition?
    Yes it can! But I want to add some additional features in a module.

  2. #1097
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    AH bot also isn't buying items. I set up the account id and GUID properly so idk whats happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    AHbot only put 1200 items on the ah. Any way to increase this?
    AHbot is buying stuff now, still only like 2k items on the AH though. Hoping for at least 50k.

  3. #1098
    Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    I didn't realize this was an issue. Does not the worldserver.conf parameter, Rate.Honor, adjust for the overall gain? I, personally, like my current acquisition of Honor points and have this value set to 1 (which is the default setting). Can it not be set to .5 or .25 to slow the rate of acquisition?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    Yes it can! But I want to add some additional features in a module.
    I see. Always looking forward to more options

  4. #1099
    I have installed nearly all Visual C++ Redistributables, also the one I needed, but sometimes the launcher crashes with a simultaneous windows error about vredist, but the backup is there and I think it functions correctly.
    Also the AHBot doesn't work at all on my server. I also have correctly set the GUID and account number of the account. But there aren't any items there.

  5. #1100
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner345 View Post
    I have installed nearly all Visual C++ Redistributables, also the one I needed, but sometimes the launcher crashes with a simultaneous windows error about vredist, but the backup is there and I think it functions correctly.
    Also the AHBot doesn't work at all on my server. I also have correctly set the GUID and account number of the account. But there aren't any items there.
    For the AHBot, 'account' and 'GUID' are not required. Did you alter the database table fields for the AHBot?

    For the launcher, it runs on .net 3.5 (newer versions work fine too). Try to reinstall your .net framework.

  6. #1101
    I just need mine to post more items, but sadly i don't see a setting for that anywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by stunner345 View Post
    I have installed nearly all Visual C++ Redistributables, also the one I needed, but sometimes the launcher crashes with a simultaneous windows error about vredist, but the backup is there and I think it functions correctly.
    Also the AHBot doesn't work at all on my server. I also have correctly set the GUID and account number of the account. But there aren't any items there.
    Did you make sure to set AuctionHouseBot.EnableSeller and AuctionHouseBot.EnableBuyer in mod_ahbot.conf both to 1?

  7. #1102
    Is there someplace to adjust the respawn time for mobs? I find they respawn too quickly, often times making it tedious to exit an area you just cleared. I have searched through the world config, but I wasn't able to find this setting?

    If this is not an option, can it be implemented?

  8. #1103
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravoz View Post
    Is there someplace to adjust the respawn time for mobs? I find they respawn too quickly, often times making it tedious to exit an area you just cleared. I have searched through the world config, but I wasn't able to find this setting?

    If this is not an option, can it be implemented?
    Yes, worldserver.conf
    Corpse.Decay.NORMAL
    Corpse.Decay.RARE
    Corpse.Decay.ELITE
    Corpse.Decay.RAREELITE
    Corpse.Decay.WORLDBOSS

    I have mine set to 2 hours (7200) and love it! It leaves behind the carnage of battle

  9. #1104
    Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    Yes, worldserver.conf
    Corpse.Decay.NORMAL
    Corpse.Decay.RARE
    Corpse.Decay.ELITE
    Corpse.Decay.RAREELITE
    Corpse.Decay.WORLDBOSS

    I have mine set to 2 hours (7200) and love it! It leaves behind the carnage of battle
    If i'm not mistaken, that is the time for decay before being looted. I'm curious if there is a way to delay the respawn time after already being looted?

    Thanks!

  10. #1105
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravoz View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, that is the time for decay before being looted. I'm curious if there is a way to delay the respawn time after already being looted?
    In the world.creature table of the database. The field name is spawntimesecs.

  11. #1106
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravoz View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, that is the time for decay before being looted. I'm curious if there is a way to delay the respawn time after already being looted?

    Thanks!
    These are the way.

    EDIT: A little more explanation:

    Re-spawn times can be modified in two places:
    - DB "world.creature.spawntimesecs" (only for that single GUID of the creature)
    - worldserver.conf file "Corpse.Decay.[rank]" (for ALL creatures of the same rank)

    The default "spawntimesecs" for all spawned creatures is 300 seconds (5 minutes).

    Using ".npc add" command to spawn a "Normal" NPC, for example, will give it a default respawn time of 6 minutes; i.e., spawntimesecs + Corpse.Decay.NORMAL (default value equals 60 or 1min).

    The creature must decay first before it can re-spawn. For this reason, the Corpse.Decay.[rank] time of the creature is also its minimum re-spawn time, since setting the creature's creature.spawntimesecs=0 will remove the default re-spawn time. Therefore, setting a Normal NPC's spawntimesecs=0 means the creature's re-spawn time decreases from 6 minutes to 60 seconds (i.e., applying only the corpse.decay.[rank] default).

    What this all boils down to is simple: increasing the Corpse.Decay.[rank] value means longer re-spawn rates. As I've said, I have mine currently set for 2 hours. My decay rate, therefore, is actually 2 hours 5 minutes (since I've not modified my DB).

    -----

    The worldserver.conf parameter, Rate.Corpse.Decay.Looted, affects the decay rate AFTER the corpse has been looted. I have mine set to 0.1 (default equals 0.5). I haven't figured out this parameter completely, but I can confirm that setting its value too high, say 9, will cause some creatures, not all, to re-spawn immediately after being looted.

    My initial aspiration was to have long re-spawn times with immediate decay after looting, like when skinning, but, after maintaining a high re-spawn rate for many weeks now (I initially set it for one hour but that wasn't long enough for me), I find I greatly prefer having the looted corpses remain. It gives a wonderful feeling of satisfaction after decimating an area

    -----

    Personally, I think increasing the re-spawn rate not only allows for a more plotted, more deliberate style of combat execution (for single players), but I also find it, more than any other single modification, redefines the game world into feeling more like a single player game, rather than a MMO.

    One caution: a high re-spawn rate may not be acceptable for multi-players because there may not be enough mobs to acquire quest objectives. In fact, I myself had to re-spawn mobs (twice) using the GM command because I didn't get what I needed and there were no mobs left alive, lol. For me, this is a small concern for something that otherwise grants me much greater enjoyment.

    EDIT2: I think you have to clear your cache for any Corpse.Decay.[rank] value changes to take affect. FYI.
    Last edited by vratam; 08-14-2019 at 07:33 PM.

  12. #1107
    Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    These are the way.

    EDIT: A little more explanation:

    Re-spawn times can be modified in two places:
    - DB "world.creature.spawntimesecs" (only for that single GUID of the creature)
    - worldserver.conf file "Corpse.Decay.[rank]" (for ALL creatures of the same rank)

    The default "spawntimesecs" for all spawned creatures is 300 seconds (5 minutes).

    Using ".npc add" command to spawn a "Normal" NPC, for example, will give it a default respawn time of 6 minutes; i.e., spawntimesecs + Corpse.Decay.NORMAL (default value equals 60 or 1min).

    The creature must decay first before it can re-spawn. For this reason, the Corpse.Decay.[rank] time of the creature is also its minimum re-spawn time, since setting the creature's creature.spawntimesecs=0 will remove the default re-spawn time. Therefore, setting a Normal NPC's spawntimesecs=0 means the creature's re-spawn time decreases from 6 minutes to 60 seconds (i.e., applying only the corpse.decay.[rank] default).

    What this all boils down to is simple: increasing the Corpse.Decay.[rank] value means longer re-spawn rates. As I've said, I have mine currently set for 2 hours. My decay rate, therefore, is actually 2 hours 5 minutes (since I've not modified my DB).

    -----

    The worldserver.conf parameter, Rate.Corpse.Decay.Looted, affects the decay rate AFTER the corpse has been looted. I have mine set to 0.1 and I would suggest you do the same. I haven't figured out this parameter completely, but I can confirm that setting its value too high, say 9, will cause some creatures, not all, to re-spawn immediately after being looted.

    My initial aspiration was to have long re-spawn times with immediate decay after looting, like when skinning, but, after maintaining a high re-spawn rate for many weeks now (I initially set it for one hour but that wasn't long enough for me) I find I greatly prefer having the looted corpses remain. It gives a wonderful feeling of satisfaction after decimating an area

    -----

    Personally, I think increasing the re-spawn rate not only allows for a more plotted, more deliberate style of combat execution (for single players), but I also find it, more than any other single modification, redefines the game world into feeling more like a single player game, rather than a MMO.

    One caution: a high re-spawn rate may not be acceptable for multi-players because there may not be enough mobs to acquire quest objectives. In fact, I myself had to re-spawn mobs (twice) using the GM command because I didn't get what I needed and there were no mobs left alive, lol. For me, this is a small concern for something that otherwise grants me much greater enjoyment.
    This is incredibly helpful! Thanks so much!

  13. #1108
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravoz View Post
    This is incredibly helpful! Thanks so much!
    You're welcome

    BTW - I was just reviewing my personal notes: you do not have to clear your cache for changes to the worldserver.conf; the "rank" I was thinking of was that for world.creature_template.rank, which is mostly visual (i.e., does not affect health, damage, loot, etc.) and does require clearing the cache to see changes. I was playing around with world.creature_template.rank values recently while making custom NPC's and that was on my mind.

    EDIT: Just to clarify, changing world.creature_template.rank can change which Corpse.Delay.[rank] is being applied; e.g., changing a normal NPC to a rare.
    Last edited by vratam; 08-14-2019 at 07:53 PM.

  14. #1109

    Ahbot

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    For the AHBot, 'account' and 'GUID' are not required. Did you alter the database table fields for the AHBot?

    For the launcher, it runs on .net 3.5 (newer versions work fine too). Try to reinstall your .net framework.
    Could you explain how to get the AH working? I add items but get them back in the mail. How do I set it up to buy my items?

  15. #1110

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    Could you explain how to get the AH working? I add items but get them back in the mail. How do I set it up to buy my items?
    Santos416 covered this really well on page 72:

    Here is his post:
    In the db world.auctionhousebot there are columns with multipliers named buyerprice[white|green|blue|purple]. This is the multiplier to the sell price that the AHbot will buy items.

    As an example, say a blue item drops and it has a sell price of 1g. The default multiplier for a blue item (buyerpriceblue) is 12. You need to auction that item for LESS THAN 12g (11g 99s 99c will do) and the AHbot will buy it up.

    I would also suggest you set MailDeliveryDelay = 0 in worldserver.conf to get rid of the 1hr delay on mail.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •