Welcome to AC Web.
Page 121 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1990

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    @Ravoz I'm with you, I like our old water patch better! (send me pm or a link to the cycle files you have).
    @Shadow Can you send me the working darker nights file?

I'm messing with the files and adjusting them. I won't be able to offer a new package 'tills it's done because it's a big file ~8gb.
    BrooksTech, I'll look for the motorcycle files again but it might take me a little while. I haven't messed with it in a long time. But I'll see what I can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    @Ravoz stand at the end of the dock in Bootbay and look over at the island with the big statue. See if the trees aren't moving. Same kind of trees also moving in STV. I never noticed till the earlier graphics patches. Thanks for the macro, I'm using one now but I'll compare this one to mine.
    Fellas I won't be able to get on my computer for a few hours, probably 3 or so hours. I'll definitely check out the trees in Booty Bay later though!

- - - Updated - - -

@BrooksTech, the motorcycle files are in the patch F MPQ, under Creature\AllianceChopper and Creature\HordeChopper. There is also AllyChopper folder, but I am unsure what that is.

The Vanilla file is in Patch.mpq under Creature\MOTORCYCLEVEHICLE

There is some discussion here regarding reverting the patched Chopper, but it's really over my head. Specifically reply 482

Before I was able to replace the mesh of the patched chopper with the original, but I got those green blobs that was mentioned before. Some of the textures were correct, but I was missing 1 or two, and could not find what I was missing.

http://www.modcraft.io/index.php?topic=10729.480

Honestly it's not really a big deal for me. It's just one mount. I just prefer the original Wrath version of the engineering chopper, but I can live with the updated ones.

@Shadowmonkey, I checked Booty Bay, and indeed those trees are swaying in the distance! I'd never noticed before!

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing people can consider changing that enhances the game in addition to these graphical modifications is going into the Server config and under "Visibility and Distances", change Visibility.Distance.Continents = XXX , Visibility.Distance.Instances = XXX , Visibility.Distance.BGArenas = XXX

Using a value of something like 280 will vastly increase the distance at which creatures will be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

@Shadowmonkey I was going to say that loading the Darker Nights mod last in the order would make it work with this new mod setup, but I see you had already figured it out. By naming the Darker Night mod "Z.mpq" it will load last.

- - - Updated - - -

@BrooksTech, concerning patch W, Updated Visual Effects, does that only add the sparkle effect to lootable nodes and creatures? Or does it add other effects that I have not come across yet? What is everything that patch W changes? Thanks!

@Ravoz

Water?

https://mega.nz/#!R3AwRKYR!2BDJTFd_d...pgrALd53GGOfgY

- - - Updated - - -

I'll look at the rest of the stuff tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps a dumb question, but why not just take the new chopper out of the new patch so it doesn't override the old one...? This should be a thing, yes?
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 03-28-2020 at 02:53 AM.

@Ravoz

Water?

https://mega.nz/#!R3AwRKYR!2BDJTFd_d...pgrALd53GGOfgY

- - - Updated - - -

I'll look at the rest of the stuff tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps a dumb question, but why not just take the new chopper out of the new patch so it doesn't override the old one...? This should be a thing, yes?
    I am unsure what you are implying here, with your "Water"?

That is correct, unfortunately I am unsure of how to do this. When attempted in the past, if I remember correctly, removing the values in the patch pertaining to the Chopper resulted in an invisible, bugged Chopper. I pick up quickly on new technical things, but I simply don't understand how to proceed with this. And Finsternis, gave little information on how to modify patches.

Lastly I'd like to thank you again for this repack. And by introducing a new Graphical enhancement pack, it is sparking more conversation. Thanks for all of your work on this!

Hi everyone I am currently use the WOD characters models so may I ask that the BFA model is newer or the WOD model i kind of new to using patch mod thanks alot

Is that possible to add heroic mode for nax, tbc raids and vanilla raids. If so, we could make tier sets and weapon loots from cata-bfa assigned to new heroic modes. With heroic mode, we get 16 more instances for custom loot. I can volunteer to work on this since I've got another month of quarantine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tathanhdat08 View Post
    Hi everyone I am currently use the WOD characters models so may I ask that the BFA model is newer or the WOD model i kind of new to using patch mod thanks alot
    wod->legion->bfa

BFA is as new as it gets! (The pack will evolve overtime as we select 'best in class' gfx to use in it. For example, I've already changed three items: water, trees, and an stv tiger... but I've yet to repackage it and upload because it's a big file. I will, likely, just share the folder and you guys can grab the updated mpqs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravoz View Post
    I am unsure what you are implying here, with your "Water"?

That is correct, unfortunately I am unsure of how to do this. When attempted in the past, if I remember correctly, removing the values in the patch pertaining to the Chopper resulted in an invisible, bugged Chopper. I pick up quickly on new technical things, but I simply don't understand how to proceed with this. And Finsternis, gave little information on how to modify patches.

Lastly I'd like to thank you again for this repack. And by introducing a new Graphical enhancement pack, it is sparking more conversation. Thanks for all of your work on this!
    Ah, I was tired! I wanted you to take a look at that water in Stormwind and share your thoughts. (it's from an experimental project).

I will dig into this chopper thing. I've been told the audio glitch is likely a dbc issue... I'd like to fix that for the community since no one else has. And, I'm on the mission to get you an old school hog!

Thanks for the thanks! And thank you for your effort with the community here! It does not go unnoticed! (You and shadow have done far more research into gfx mods than me and I truly value your opinions.) I was/am proud of our old community built gfx package and I would like to make this one exceed the bar we set.

wod->legion->bfa

BFA is as new as it gets! (The pack will evolve overtime as we select 'best in class' gfx to use in it. For example, I've already changed three items: water, trees, and an stv tiger... but I've yet to repackage it and upload because it's a big file. I will, likely, just share the folder and you guys can grab the updated mpqs).

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I was tired! I wanted you to take a look at that water in Stormwind and share your thoughts. (it's from an experimental project).

I will dig into this chopper thing. I've been told the audio glitch is likely a dbc issue... I'd like to fix that for the community since no one else has. And, I'm on the mission to get you an old school hog!

Thanks for the thanks! And thank you for your effort with the community here! It does not go unnoticed! (You and shadow have done far more research into gfx mods than me and I truly value your opinions.) I was/am proud of our old community built gfx package and I would like to make this one exceed the bar we set.
    Whoa thanks you very much just take your time and be safe in these hard time godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by ElBaster View Post
    Is that possible to add heroic mode for nax, tbc raids and vanilla raids. If so, we could make tier sets and weapon loots from cata-bfa assigned to new heroic modes. With heroic mode, we get 16 more instances for custom loot. I can volunteer to work on this since I've got another month of quarantine anyway.
    The easy answer is maybe. It would be a big job! I can make the dungeons harder... Let me check how far my items and displays go... (would, most likely, have to access these modes by a unique npc...)

The easy answer is maybe. It would be a big job! I can make the dungeons harder... Let me check how far my items and displays go... (would, most likely, have to access these modes by a unique npc...)
    I thought about adding heroic mode through source code modification, it should not be that hard. AutoBalance level scaling should do the trick with mobs difficulty, then it's about adding new items and new loot tables.

Besides that, we could add a buff to every mob in heroic mode that increases their stats by 20 - 30% to increase the difficulty.

BrooksTech, you are too kind, but I do appreciate the kind words. I am happy to help anyone if it is within my ability to!

Quote Originally Posted by ElBaster View Post
    I thought about adding heroic mode through source code modification, it should not be that hard. AutoBalance level scaling should do the trick with mobs difficulty, then it's about adding new items and new loot tables.

Besides that, we could add a buff to every mob in heroic mode that increases their stats by 20 - 30% to increase the difficulty.
    A point to consider, expansions post wotlk each use different itemization for gear. We would need to alter each one to fit the 3.3.5a rule set... Some item sets may also require some c++ to get working. (Just thinking out loud...). I think I have all items through wod though... the sql file may have already been adjusted item stat block but I highly doubt it.
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 03-28-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Guys why does it look like you become more smaller if you die? Or it's just an strange looking revive?

Quote Originally Posted by sonicmaster View Post
    Guys why does it look like you become more smaller if you die? Or it's just an strange looking revive?
    So, it may appear that way because with the AutoRevive module active, you get the heroism buff at ~20% health. The buff makes you larger so when you die you lose the buff and return to normal size. (look inside autorevive.conf for options)

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    wod->legion->bfa

Please do! It took me the better part of two days to complete the current 8GB download. Now, to get it loaded and check it out

I second the notion of the "old school hog." A muffled one is barely tolerable, but a silent one...the brothers would be angered