Welcome to AC Web.
Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1363

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    I was in Dun Murogh turning in a quest and suddenly a bunch of dwarfs said "It's Mortal Combat." Then as I'm walking off another said "I'm TNT, I'm Dynamite." While it was extremely funny, am I hearing things or did Brooks add this? If so I want to add voice scripts to female elves in Darn
    That are the hunters / canoneers on the way from ambossar to kharanos right. Nice little easter egg.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post

Code:
    use world;
    UPDATE item_template
    SET RequiredLevel = 1
    WHERE RequiredLevel != 1;
    UPDATE Quest_Template
    SET QuestLevel = -1, MinLevel = 1
    WHERE QuestLevel != -1 OR MinLevel != 1;
    I've been working on finishing BalanceSolo. It is a new approach to asset scaling. It uses a JIT (just in time) scaling (not really the right word) system that has a focus on allowing for any class/spec to be viable. I will not say it's better than the other solutions... it is different. Currently, it has ~100 configuration options -- that sounds more impressive than it really is. Only ~12 of the settings have a major impact while the rest are based on class specific cases. While testing, it took me 2 hours to clear WC with a level 17 mage... I died a few times.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.
    It seems to be a cool feature for playing solo.
    But I have a little question. I am not to experienced in editing with heidisql and alter the database. How do I add the code properly? I can add a new query with your code and run the script while the server is launched, but how can i save the changed database with the script? Should I save it as a new world.sql file?

Looks nice, i'll test this out :3

Quote Originally Posted by stunner345 View Post
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.
    It seems to be a cool feature for playing solo.
    But I have a little question. I am not to experienced in editing with heidisql and alter the database. How do I add the code properly? I can add a new query with your code and run the script while the server is launched, but how can i save the changed database with the script? Should I save it as a new world.sql file?
    After you run the script with heidisql, restart the world server. It will remain changed. You will not need to run the script again. And you're right, it is a nice feature for Solo play. I use it =)

AHbot only put 1200 items on the ah. Any way to increase this?

Which data do i need to transfer if i want to use my account and characters on a different Computer with another wow install?

Which data do i need to transfer if i want to use my account and characters on a different Computer with another wow install?
    Backup with the launcher, and then take the files in server/tools/backup to the new computer and place the files in the same folder (server/tools/backup) and then use the launcher's restore function.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    AHbot only put 1200 items on the ah. Any way to increase this?
    AH bot also isn't buying items. I set up the account id and GUID properly so idk whats happening.

Server Backup

Backup with the launcher, and then take the files in server/tools/backup to the new computer and place the files in the same folder (server/tools/backup) and then use the launcher's restore function.
    I just did that. The files have 0 bytes. Is that right?

- - - Updated - - -

Me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by semjon View Post
    That are the hunters / canoneers on the way from ambossar to kharanos right. Nice little easter egg.
    Freaked me out for a second Thought Brooks had snuck something in on us as a joke.

I just did that. The files have 0 bytes. Is that right?

- - - Updated - - -

Me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Freaked me out for a second Thought Brooks had snuck something in on us as a joke.
    That is strange. I just tested it on my system and it worked fine. Files were between 120k and 250k. If you don't have the newest version of the launcher, you should get it.

Server backup

That is strange. I just tested it on my system and it worked fine. Files were between 120k and 250k. If you don't have the newest version of the launcher, you should get it.
    I was getting errors messages and one about Netframework. I rebooted the pc and tried again. It worked this time. I'll get the new patch thing and see if I can figure out to activate it. Or do I really need it? All good so far on my end.
    Last edited by Shadowmonkey; 08-13-2019 at 02:26 AM.

I was getting errors messages and one about Netframework. I rebooted the pc and tried again. It worked this time. I'll get the new patch thing and see if I can figure out to activate it. Or do I really need it? All good so far on my end.
    I have the launcher (new version) as its own download. It's easy to install. It does fix some bugs, but to aid in troubleshooting issues it helps if you're using the most current version.

I also have the problem with restoring data with the 1.38c launcher, I cannot restore the Backup, there are a few errors. I will look into it further and test it out a little bit more.
    A little feedback to the repack in general:
    Ingame the game content I have seen ( Level 1-40 and some quests, dungeons and raids) does work very well without major bugs. I find the first dungeons a little bit too easy with the standard solo settings ( Deadmines, Wayling Caverns, etc...) It is too easy to aquire Honor points to buy the PVP items from vendors. That makes a lot of the early leveling content to trivial. I will test out some more VAS and worldserver settings. Maybe the planned "BalanceSolo" features can fix that easier.
    I appreciate the clean work with this repack and hope it will continue. It has definitely rekindled my interest in a WoW Solo Project

I also have the problem with restoring data with the 1.38c launcher, I cannot restore the Backup, there are a few errors. I will look into it further and test it out a little bit more.
    A little feedback to the repack in general:
    Ingame the game content I have seen ( Level 1-40 and some quests, dungeons and raids) does work very well without major bugs. I find the first dungeons a little bit too easy with the standard solo settings ( Deadmines, Wayling Caverns, etc...) It is too easy to aquire Honor points to buy the PVP items from vendors. That makes a lot of the early leveling content to trivial. I will test out some more VAS and worldserver settings. Maybe the planned "BalanceSolo" features can fix that easier.
    I appreciate the clean work with this repack and hope it will continue. It has definitely rekindled my interest in a WoW Solo Project
    Thanks for the feedback. The Honor issue is a simple fix. I'll have a solution in place for the next major version update.

Backup/Restore:
    Can you try to install the 2013 Visual C++ Redistributables? Mysql5.7 needs those to work correctly.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    The Honor issue is a simple fix. I'll have a solution in place for the next major version update.
    I didn't realize this was an issue. Does not the worldserver.conf parameter, Rate.Honor, adjust for the overall gain? I, personally, like my current acquisition of Honor points and have this value set to 1 (which is the default setting). Can it not be set to .5 or .25 to slow the rate of acquisition?