Welcome to AC Web.
Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1545

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouger View Post
    I think that broadcast_text_locale.ibd is not a regular file?
    To what reference are you speaking? What do you mean by a "regular" file?

World.broadcast_text_locale is a localized translation table for world.broadcast_text. I have personally created many (over a hundred) custom NPCs and all have corresponding records in world.broadcast_text for implementing gossip and/or chatter text. Since I'm not publishing my tables for use in multiple countries, I personally have no need to build records for language localization. I have, however, several foreign phrases that work just fine in world.broadcast_text. So it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish as to whether or not building records in world.broadcast_text_locale is necessary or desirable. Since I've never had any need, I can only assume the localization table works as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    To what reference are you speaking? What do you mean by a "regular" file?

World.broadcast_text_locale is a localized translation table for world.broadcast_text. I have personally created many (over a hundred) custom NPCs and all have corresponding records in world.broadcast_text for implementing gossip and/or chatter text. Since I'm not publishing my tables for use in multiple countries, I personally have no need to build records for language localization. I have, however, several foreign phrases that work just fine in world.broadcast_text. So it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish as to whether or not building records in world.broadcast_text_locale is necessary or desirable. Since I've never had any need, I can only assume the localization table works as expected.
    I was just confused by the * .ibd file extension.

I was just confused by the * .ibd file extension.
    As a FYI...

If you peruse your DB data directory, you will find four file types: *.frm, *.MYD, *.MYI and *.ibd. Without getting too technical:
    *.frm - contains the table's format or structure
    *.MYD - contains the actual data in the table (e.g., MY D[ata])
    *.MYI - is the index for the table (e.g., MY I[ndex])
    *.ibd - contains the index and data for the table, mainly used as a backup by the server (as the extension implies, "[i]ntegrated [b]ackup [d]ata") and only exists when multiple tablespaces are enabled (InnoDB).

The creation of the *.ibd file is controlled by the configuration parameter, innodb_file_per_table, and is enabled by default in MySQL 5.7 (you should NOT see this parameter in your *.ini file). Disabling this functionality is only useful when requiring backward compatibility.

The most important thing to remember is if and when you want to backup specific DB tables, make sure to backup all files relating to the table and not just the data file. It may not be possible to restore a table if you do not have all its files.

Should you have any questions regarding the DB in general, feel free to post them or send me a PM. I'm always willing to help if I can

EDIT: for more technical info on the ibd file, see https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7...blespaces.html
    Last edited by vratam; 01-26-2020 at 06:22 PM.

As a FYI...

If you peruse your DB data directory, you will find four file types: *.frm, *.MYD, *.MYI and *.ibd. Without getting too technical:
    *.frm - contains the table's format or structure
    *.MYD - contains the actual data in the table (e.g., MY D[ata])
    *.MYI - is the index for the table (e.g., MY I[ndex])
    *.ibd - contains the index and data for the table, mainly used as a backup by the server (as the extension implies, "[i]ntegrated [b]ackup [d]ata") and only exists when multiple tablespaces are enabled (InnoDB).

The creation of the *.ibd file is controlled by the configuration parameter, innodb_file_per_table, and is enabled by default in MySQL 5.7 (you should NOT see this parameter in your *.ini file). Disabling this functionality is only useful when requiring backward compatibility.

The most important thing to remember is if and when you want to backup specific DB tables, make sure to backup all files relating to the table and not just the data file. It may not be possible to restore a table if you do not have all its files.

Should you have any questions regarding the DB in general, feel free to post them or send me a PM. I'm always willing to help if I can

EDIT: for more technical info on the ibd file, see https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7...blespaces.html
    Great stuff here, thanks!

hello, i cant download patch to 1.3.9ex, mega.nz cant found this zip. can you give me a patch zip to my email?

OK,thanks!
    I then have a question in which table of the world database are the lines responsible for these texts here? I want to translate them.
    Last edited by Vouger; 01-27-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remberance View Post
    hello, i cant download patch to 1.3.9ex, mega.nz cant found this zip. can you give me a patch zip to my email?
    I've pulled it for now.

- - - Updated - - -

OK,thanks!
    I then have a question in which table of the world database are the lines responsible for these texts here? I want to translate them.
    Have you checked quest_template_locale?

OK,thanks!
    Hahaha, your searching for a needle in a haystack

It appears your client is in Russian, meaning the gossip text may be coming from a local text translation table (as explained earlier). You may have some work to do but who knows, sometimes you get lucky

You need to search for the desired string in the various text tables and possibly their corresponding translation tables, there are quite a few. From your chosen DB client, you can run the following SQL statement:

SELECT * FROM world.[table_name] WHERE [field_name] LIKE '%[string to search for]%';

The important thing to know here is that while [string to search for] will be searched case-insensitive by default, it will be literal, meaning you must input the exact string you want (no typos, no extra or missing white space, etc.). In this specific case it shouldn't be problematic since you're reading it from the screen. However, in my experience I've found it more beneficial in general to search for "keywords" or "phrases" encapsulated by percent signs, which act as wildcards and will return anything. In other words, I would search for "death knight", for example, and then manually search the result set for the entire string. Your gossip text is from a trainer, so maybe npc_text might be a good place to start, like so:

SELECT * FROM world.npc_text WHERE OptionText LIKE '%Death Knight%';

Things to keep in mind:
    - placeholders are generally allowed in gossip text; if implemented "Death Knight" will never be found because the string contained in the record would read as, "Well met, $C. Ready for some training". So use a more global (i.e., classless) search string; e.g., "for some training" or "well met".
    - Be aware that the relevant field names vary from table to table.
    - Be aware that some tables have different male and female strings (FYI - in such cases (sometimes, lol), when the female string is empty, the gossip/chatter will default to the male text with a female character, but I haven't seen it work the other way around). You can search multiple fields in a single table like so, for example:

SELECT * FROM world.broadcast_text WHERE MaleText LIKE '%some training%' OR FemaleText LIKE '%some training%';

Note: the search strings do not have to be equal.

That's it. Happy hunting!

EDIT: Let us know where you find it. Thanks.
    Last edited by vratam; 01-27-2020 at 02:50 PM.

EDIT: Let us know where you find it. Thanks.
    I find it in the table trainer --> db world, translations are trainer_locale table, the truth is not in this repack but in this http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...n-Trinity-Core.
    here is the result
    Last edited by Vouger; 01-28-2020 at 09:14 AM.

hi, i still cant download 1.3.9ex.zip, i sent a message to u, email me, ty

Quote Originally Posted by remberance View Post
    hi, i still cant download 1.3.9ex.zip, i sent a message to u, email me, ty
    It's no longer available, I pulled it. When it's updated, I'll post again.

OKOK, haha, its just a misunderstanding.

BrooksTech, I was wondering if you were still working on your own custom Auction House implementation? Or is the current solution what you settled on?

Thanks for all of your work on this incredible repack!

To anyone interested,

I like the fact that my characters' journeys are sometimes difficult, having to occasionally pass through dangerously high level areas. I also like the imposed requirement of having to travel, sometimes across continents, to complete a quest objective or whatever. That being said, I am also intrigued by the notion of level equality and having the choice to venture wherever I want at any time, such possibility opens a whole new game play adventuring style. So I've been thinking of starting a new character using the BalanceSolo module, but I don't want to implement it for all my other characters.

Knowing VASAutoBalance and BalanceSolo can not be enabled simultaneously, I wrote a code snippet as an additional option in my master batch file I use to start my servers, maintain their configuration files, and backup/restore specific database tables (I'll have to include a complementary one for adjusting the quest levels back and forth, but first things first).

I've extracted the snippet into its own file for anyone who may be doing this same toggling routine. It simply changes the implementation by swapping out the two configuration files without having to do it manually (plus it takes less than a second to accomplish its task!). Perhaps you'll find it useful; instructions included

ACS_toggleBalanceSolo.bat
    Code:
    :: in [server_dir]
    :: -  make a copy of balance_solo.conf and rename it to balance_solo_TOGGLE.conf
    ::
    ::    edit balance_solo_TOGGLE.conf so the parameter value of BalanceSolo.Enable
    ::    is opposite of its value in balance_solo.conf
    :: -  do the same for VASAutoBalance.conf (parameter is VASAutoBalance.Enable)
    :: -  set [server_dir] to the relevant installation path (include trailing virgula)
    ::    (enclose path in quotes if it includes any spaces)
    @ECHO OFF

SET server_dir=D:\games\WotLK\server\

SET bs1=%server_dir%balance_solo.conf
    SET bs2=%server_dir%balance_solo_TOGGLE.conf
    SET bstmp=%server_dir%\bstmp.txt
    SET vas1=%server_dir%VASAutoBalance.conf
    SET vas2=%server_dir%VASAutoBalance_TOGGLE.conf
    SET vastmp=%server_dir%vastmp.txt

MOVE %bs1% %bstmp% >nul
    MOVE %bs2% %bs1% >nul
    MOVE %bstmp% %bs2% >nul
    MOVE %vas1% %vastmp% >nul
    MOVE %vas2% %vas1% >nul
    MOVE %vastmp% %vas2% >nul

ECHO.
    ECHO 0 = DISABLED
    ECHO 1 = ENABLED
    ECHO.
    FINDSTR /BI "BalanceSolo.Enable" %bs1%
    FINDSTR /BI "VASAutoBalance.Enable" %vas1%

PAUSE >nul
    EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, this must be run, naturally, before you start your world server.
    Last edited by vratam; 01-30-2020 at 12:25 AM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello. Thanks for the repack. But I have a question. Solo raiding is quite impossible. I have created 80lvl paladin with bis, tried ICC, and I'm dying on the first boss.