Welcome to AC Web.
Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    Hahaha...just remove the file! Or, rename it!

EDIT: FYI - any file found in an *.MPQ client file can be overridden by creating the indentical directory structure in the client and giving the replacement resource the identical name (as stored in the MPQ). Works for graphics, sounds, whatever. Patch files are, essentially, a collection of modified custom files corresponding to an original, unmodified MPQ resource. This statement may be somewhat overly-simplified, but it might get your synapses buzzing :-)

The client first reads the MPQ files, in a particular order (which is why custom patch files MUST come after
    native ones); after that it will read any "loose" files from its root directory (same manner that addons are read). Later files take priority over those loaded earlier.
    I'm not that good to mess with the MPQ files whatever that is. But I figured out deleting the music file might reactivate the old one. I might replace the music files with the Morrowind soundtrack, or Oblivion. Love the Morrowind environment music. Thanks for the help

Another handy modification for the WoW login screen is changing it from WoTLK to the original Vanilla log in or Burning Crusade. Each use each xpacks music respectively. Or you can still change the log in music to something different using the method vratam described. I have a lot of nostalgia for the vanilla log in screen and music, so that's what I've always used. I'll link the vanilla one, and then burning crusade is linked at the bottom of that one.

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...k-3-3-5-a.html

EDIT: By the way, BrooksTech, is it alright with you to be discussing these modifications in your Repack Thread? Or would you rather keep it more on topic of the Repack it's self?

I can't wait for the next update!

EDIT 2: I contacted the author for that Sun light alpha mod, and asked him if he would upload it again, since the link is dead. Dunno what he will say.

While the link to the MPQ is dead, the source file I believe can still be downloaded from the https://model-changing.net/files/fil...ght-alpha-wow/ link.

I attempted to create an MPQ using the texture, but I was unsuccessful. I'm very novice with MPQ editing. It is a simple texture modification. Although looking at the pictures the author posted there, the sun looks pretty much like what is already in my game? Not sure. Maybe it has more bloom?
    Last edited by Ravoz; 06-11-2019 at 03:13 PM.

1.3.8 is here, it's free and it's yours!

Version 1.3.8

Full Release only! No upgrade path is supported... yet.

1) Updated Azerothcore core and database
    • Many updates to each aspect of the core have been made.
    • The database has undergone important changes.
    • The database changes are why the upgrade path from 1.3.7a to 1.3.8 isn't complete yet.
    • Hooks added to core to support 1.4 beta users. (1.4 beta users: Angel should disable VAS on her own, but for testing I suggest disabling VAS before server launch).
    • Also, keep warden disabled when using 1.4 Angel (work in progress)

2) Updated mysql backend 5.7.26
    3) Multi Resource Tracking is back in action
    4) Solo Rdf, Lfg is still buggy. I had to rework the implementation because of changes to the core (it is behind 1.3.7a sorry for this, but it is in the cooker)

5) Auctionhouse Bot
    • This is a temp solution while 1.4 is being worked on
    • Explore and adjust settings by editing mod_ahbot.conf
    • 1.4 beta users disable in mod_ahbot.conf to test 1.4 bot framework AH

Downloads
    Mega

@Ravoz : All communication is good, please discuss. I will update my gfx download options from what I learn here.
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 06-11-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravoz View Post
    Although looking at the pictures the author posted there, the sun looks pretty much like what is already in my game? Not sure. Maybe it has more bloom?
    I can add that the sunlight effects look very close to patch S, one of the reasons I want to get accustomed to it before I start changing things around. Otherwise, I hope the author reuploads it for those searching.

@BrooksTech - Thanks for the update! Would it be possible to clarify the changes to the database?

EDIT: To make things easier, I'm really only concerned with world.item_template. Has this table been affected at all? Thanks!
    Last edited by vratam; 06-11-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Log On Screen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravoz View Post
    Another handy modification for the WoW login screen is changing it from WoTLK to the original Vanilla log in or Burning Crusade. Each use each xpacks music respectively. Or you can still change the log in music to something different using the method vratam described. I have a lot of nostalgia for the vanilla log in screen and music, so that's what I've always used. I'll link the vanilla one, and then burning crusade is linked at the bottom of that one.

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...k-3-3-5-a.html

EDIT: By the way, BrooksTech, is it alright with you to be discussing these modifications in your Repack Thread? Or would you rather keep it more on topic of the Repack it's self?

I can't wait for the next update!

EDIT 2: I contacted the author for that Sun light alpha mod, and asked him if he would upload it again, since the link is dead. Dunno what he will say.

While the link to the MPQ is dead, the source file I believe can still be downloaded from the https://model-changing.net/files/fil...ght-alpha-wow/ link.

I attempted to create an MPQ using the texture, but I was unsuccessful. I'm very novice with MPQ editing. It is a simple texture modification. Although looking at the pictures the author posted there, the sun looks pretty much like what is already in my game? Not sure. Maybe it has more bloom?
    Thanks for the log on screen! I do like it better than the Frozen Throne one. I guess to put it back to Frozen throne just replace the file with original one correct?

- - - Updated - - -

@BrooksTech, is this completely new or to be extracted over the old folder?
    Last edited by Shadowmonkey; 06-11-2019 at 07:25 PM.

@vratam
    The item_template table has changed slightly:
    Code:
    `VerifiedBuild` SMALLINT(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'
    Code:
    `VerifiedBuild` SMALLINT(5) NULL DEFAULT '0'
    @Shadowmonkey
    Until I get the patch finished, the full version of 1.3.8 needs to be in it's own directory.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    @vratam
    The item_template table has changed slightly:
    Code:
    `VerifiedBuild` SMALLINT(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'
    Code:
    `VerifiedBuild` SMALLINT(5) NULL DEFAULT '0'
    Thank You! That's all I needed to know :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    I do like it better than the Frozen Throne one.
    I've heard this from many players, not just here but on many forums and some of my RL friends who go back to vanilla as well. I guess it's you old-school folk (hahaha); I love the Wrath of the Lich King login, with Sindragosa flying about (and that new graphic collection we've been talking about improved her look too!). I've completely customized every aspect of my screen except for the animated background. Different strokes and all :-)

Graphics Patches

With the gfx pack linked by Shadow:

I drop patch 4 and Patch P (Water)
    ...I use my own patch 4 (water) instead
    I drop Patch 5, and patch I (these are both lightband modifications -- darker nights)
    ... I would use darker nights on a RP server and give new players a torch, but for dev testing it's rough
    I drop Patch M, and Patch N (blood based)

I am using the rest, and really like the results.

With the gfx pack linked by Shadow:

I drop patch 4 and Patch P (Water)
    ...I use my own patch 4 (water) instead
    I drop Patch 5, and patch I (these are both lightband modifications -- darker nights)
    ... I would use darker nights on a RP server and give new players a torch, but for dev testing it's rough
    I drop Patch M, and Patch N (blood based)

I am using the rest, and really like the results.
    Hey, thanks for the insight here BrooksTech, it helps clarify what some of the patches are addressing!

Thanks for the log on screen! I do like it better than the Frozen Throne one. I guess to put it back to Frozen throne just replace the file with original one correct?
    By adding the .mpq, you aren't physically replacing anything that is already there. So to go back to the original WoTLK login, simply delete the patch login .mpq or rename it to something like "patch-j.mpq.bak". By changing the file extensions like that, it insures it doesn't get loaded in when the game starts.

You could also create a new folder in the data folder and name it something, like "unused patches" and then drag and drop the mpq into it that you don't want to use. When you are ready to use the altered login patch, or any patch for that matter, just copy and paste the patch back into the data folder with the other mpq's.

As always, when changing patches, especially those that change models and textures, make sure you delete your "cache" folder.
    Last edited by Ravoz; 06-12-2019 at 01:44 AM.

[QUOTE=Shadowmonkey;2351613]Ok I extracted the new server to its own folder. It loaded just fine but when I tried to add my chars to it, it gives me the Auth Server loop over and over. Edit: Ok character, world, and auth files added to server and saved. They are showing in backup and autobackup. Server is loading without errors, But when I log in they are not in the list. I only have the option to create a new char. Can't figure this one out.
    Last edited by Shadowmonkey; 06-12-2019 at 03:33 AM.

@Shadowmonkey
    For now, you will not be able to use your old characters (easily). The full release of 1.3.8 only supports a fresh start. I'm working on the 1.3.7 -> 1.3.8 upgrade patch. (I have reports of others forcing the upgrade successfully, but I cannot guarantee full compatibility yet).

Also, if you send me your character backup files (I don't need world), I can use it for testing and also do the upgrade for you.
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 06-12-2019 at 09:44 AM.

@Shadowmonkey
    For now, you will not be able to use your old characters (easily). The full release of 1.3.8 only supports a fresh start. I'm working on the 1.3.7 -> 1.3.8 upgrade patch. (I have reports of others forcing the upgrade successfully, but I cannot guarantee full compatibility yet).

Also, if you send me your character backup files (I don't need world), I can use it for testing and also do the upgrade for you.
    That is what I was thinking. I'll just wait until the upgrade patch and in the meantime try out the new server. I couldn't find any upload option in private messaging to send the file. Is there a way to send without having to link it? I don't really need to upgrade yet but if you need a copy for testing let me know.

That is what I was thinking. I'll just wait until the upgrade patch and in the meantime try out the new server. I couldn't find any upload option in private messaging to send the file. Is there a way to send without having to link it? I don't really need to upgrade yet but if you need a copy for testing let me know.
    Looks like I will have a 1.3.8a anyway. 2 additional features and some balance adjustments in some conf files. For your file, send me a PM and I will send you my email address.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    thanks brookstech
    played this repack a lot last summer and gonna play it again this summer with all your new changes.
    keep up the great work, cheers!