Welcome to AC Web.
Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1278

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    UPDATE characters.characters SET account=[accountId] WHERE guid=[characterId];

This statement will update the database, but I believe, if you want to have all your settings and whatnot retained in the client, you have to move the character named folder located in $CLIENT_DIR/WTF/Account/[account_name]/[realm_name]/[character_name] to the corresponding account. Otherwise you may have to re-set all your preferences.

You can find your account id's by running this sql statement:
    SELECT * FROM auth.account;

And your character id's using this:
    SELECT * FROM characters.characters;
    Long time ago, but I don't understand how to do this in regards to copying a character to a different account. I typed this in the world server and got nothing.

I actually love Classic. Coming from someone who played since Vanilla, I think they've done a great job. The graphics are better for sure. It is much harder. Making money is tough, no flying mounts. No land mounts till 40. But I hear the guild Gm discussing how loot would be given. Seems like the GM and officers will be taken more of it than others. They are all very nice but as officers in my guild we didn't hog loot this way. We looked to see who needed it and let them roll. I enjoy the social aspect though. I might not raid with them. They might not let me for that matter so playing LFG might still be fun and some BG's. But this repack does have so much more to offer. If only there others there to play with. Not giving this one up though that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma2Me View Post
    Long time ago, but I don't understand how to do this in regards to copying a character to a different account. I typed this in the world server and got nothing.
    These are MySQL SQL statements that you execute in your database client, not the world server. You may use a 3rd party database client or you may use the native MySQL client. To use any client the database must be running; it is not necessary for the world or authentication servers to be (in fact, you're better off if they not be). If you're not familiar with working with a database, it may be easiest to download and learn using a GUI client, rather than using the native command line MySQL client, to execute the statements. Personally, I use MySQL Workbench but many prefer HeidiSQL, both are free to download and use, and there are myriads of online tutorials on how to setup and use either one.
    Last edited by vratam; 09-09-2019 at 03:18 AM.

These are MySQL SQL statements that you execute in your database client, not the world server. You may use a 3rd party database client or you may use the native MySQL client. To use any client the database must be running; it is not necessary for the world or authentication servers to be (in fact, you're better off if they not be). If you're not familiar with working with a database, it may be easiest to download and learn using a GUI client, rather than using the native command line MySQL client, to execute the statements. Personally, I use MySQL Workbench but many prefer HeidiSQL, both are free to download and use, and there are myriads of online tutorials on how to setup and use either one.
    That sounds like a bit of work, and I'm feeling lazy. I think I'll just recreate the character; its not like it'll take that long. Thank you for the elaboration though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    I finally broke down and started playing retail again. Classic is awesome and I joined a great guild although I don't like their raid looting policies It's been fun watching all of the other people grinding out quests the old "hard" way again. But then I logged on the repack and felt a sense of freedom and beauty not found in the Classic. Plus I logged in to my old guild in BFA, only four of the officers still playing. No one else. So I'm torn whether to just play the repack that allows more freedom and exploration or play live with restrictions. Could do both I guess. But the repack is much better and free
    Yeah I've enjoyed laughing at some of the streams from Classic WoW. It's amazing how much people have forgotten or just didn't know about the game before Cata hit. It makes me miss it, but at the same time it doesn't. I still have PTSD from my vanilla days of being in combat for about 45 minutes non stop fighting chromaggus in BWL. And don't even get me started on Nefarion! The game was punishing, but rewarding. It was very unforgiving to mistakes, unlike the current BFA. Repacks do give so much more freedom and if just you and a handful of friends want to play without the annoyance of trolls and loot ninjas, it's the way to go.

EDIT:
    And Brook, take your time! I'm glad to hear you are still doing extensive testing before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma2Me View Post
    That sounds like a bit of work, and I'm feeling lazy. I think I'll just recreate the character; its not like it'll take that long. Thank you for the elaboration though.
    Starting over with a low level character, not so much of a sacrifice; with a high level character, possibly a great one

FYI - SQL is not very difficult to learn, especially using a GUI client. There are many, many things you can do to customize your game by modifying the database. Perhaps, when you're feeling more robust, you may take on the challenge :-)

Connecting to server

If someone did want to play on my server, how do I set that up? Also what do they need other than the client? I'm assuming their chars would be saved on my pc etc. I'm wondering too if Spectrum would frown on me running a game server on their internet.

Wow Classic is being fun but I may not play it for long. The guild I joined has around 700 members already. They are serious raiders/pvp'ers. Which I like but their looting rules seem a little selfish to me. So I may just play social. But while I play one the other sits here wanting to be played. So it's confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    If someone did want to play on my server, how do I set that up? Also what do they need other than the client? I'm assuming their chars would be saved on my pc etc. I'm wondering too if Spectrum would frown on me running a game server on their internet.

Wow Classic is being fun but I may not play it for long. The guild I joined has around 700 members already. They are serious raiders/pvp'ers. Which I like but their looting rules seem a little selfish to me. So I may just play social. But while I play one the other sits here wanting to be played. So it's confusing...
    You'll need to open up an IP address so friends, or others, can connect. They do not require anything but the client. Yes, all values pertaining to their characters, which are input into the database tables, will be stored in the DB residing on your computer...you are acting host!

If you just want to play with friends that come over to your home, you can set up a LAN that they simply plug and play (e.g., via a laptop).

Others here may have more specific advice, but that's the gist of it

BTW - I wouldn't worry about Spectrum. Unless you were to have lots of players active at the same time, your bandwidth should be fine.

Any else played or tested any events? I just did some brewfest testing and the event doesnt start on the 20th. Though when I rolled the date back to the 17th the event was in full swing and then stopped on the 20th. I'm not sure what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeymon View Post
    Any else played or tested any events? I just did some brewfest testing and the event doesnt start on the 20th. Though when I rolled the date back to the 17th the event was in full swing and then stopped on the 20th. I'm not sure what is going on.
    Just to make sure, ascertain you have worldserver.conf TimeIsTimePlus set to 1.0. Other values will affect the calendar.

Just to make sure, ascertain you have worldserver.conf TimeIsTimePlus set to 1.0. Other values will affect the calendar.
    This ^

I set it to 1 when I first downloaded the repack. Have the issue regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Daeymon View Post
    I set it to 1 when I first downloaded the repack. Have the issue regardless
    The event occurrence is set for 360 days, so it does not occur on the same day every year.

I did a "event 24" (Brewfest = Event ID 24) from the console and got this:

Code:
    Event 24: Brewfest
    Start: 2019-09-13_00-00-00 End: 2020-12-31_00-00-00 Occurence: 360d Length: 7d
    Next state change: 2019-09-13_00-00-00
    In the world.game_event table, the core is not picking up the 525600 mins (365 days) so it is substituting the default value for the field (518400 mins or 360 days).

I thought it had something to do with the "occurence" field being misspelled, but apparently it doesn't.

--- Edit ---

It seems that there is something else going on here, as a lot of events that have an occurrence of 525600 mins in the database are being interpreted by the core as having an occurrence of 518400 mins or 360 days, which is screwing up the yearly events.

Also, the start date displayed in the output is not what it should be. The absolute start date in the database is 2014-09-20 18:01:00.

However, if you take a look at another event, say Brew of the Month September, the output matches the database, and it cycles every 365 days.

???????
    Last edited by santos416; 09-11-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Is there a way to learn armor proficiency for example plate for priest?
    I want to experiment bit with battle priest build, etc.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leevere View Post
    Is there a way to learn armor proficiency for example plate for priest?
    I want to experiment bit with battle priest build, etc.
    Yes, but its quite involved, requiring modification to the client's DBC files (as well as DB updates, I think). I remember finding some tutorials around somewhere addressing it. I know that's not much help, and often the tutorials are poorly written and/or outdated, but at least you know it can be accomplished

I had a character (I forget what I was thinking at the time; it was quite awhile ago), that I thought about adding some armor modification for, like you are, and dropped it after I discovered the amount of work it would take to do so.

Let us know if you figure out a working procedure. It would be much appreciated!