Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Smile [cMangos] TBC 2.4.3: x64 build

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.

cMangos TBC (The Burning Crusade 2.4.3)

This repack supports Windows x64 only.

Beyond the inclusion of a one click launch system with a portable database, no alterations to the source code were made. This package is a pure build from the cmangos GitHub. The cmangos team has been doing an incredible job on all of their builds and they deserve more attention.

Package Information
    Core Version: v0.18.1581
    Database Version: TBCDB_v1.7.3420_ANewHope
    Full Compiled Date: 05-01-2019
    Patch Compiled Date: 05-01-2019
    Platform: Windows x64
    Database: Stand-alone Mysql 5.7.18
    Source Code: Included
    Download File Size: 1.24gb

Database Information:
    local host = 127.0.0.1
    user = root
    password = 123456
    port = 3310
    wdb = mangos-tbc
    cdb = characters-tbc
    rdb = realmd-tbc

Features:
    ScriptDev2, ACID
    Events, Quests, Dungeons, Raids: Scripted and Available
    Auction House Bot
    Playerbots

Tools
    server->tools
    1) Full Database Reset
    2) Database backup (realm, characters, world)
    3) Database restore (realm, characters, *world)
    ....world restore is disabled with a "rem" by default.
    4) Database Maintenance Tool

Documents
    server->docs
    1) GM Commands
    2) Item ID List
    3) Quest ID LIst
    4) Spell ID list
    5) Playerbot Document
    6) AhBot Document

How to Play:
    1) Extract the contents of the zip archive into a directory on your local hard disk --
    c:\cmangos-tbc
    2) Execute "!_launcher.bat"
    3) Log into the game with one of the following accounts:
    1. administrator : administrator
    2. gamemaster : gamemaster
    3. moderator : moderator
    4. player : player

How to Shutdown the server:
    1) In the server (mangosd) console type: "save", hit enter, type "server shutdown 5", hit enter and wait for the console to close on its own (no ""). If you ignore this step you could lose some world\character states
    2) Database: ctrl c
    3) All other windows can be closed normally

How to Create a New Account:
    1. In the server (mangosd) console type: account create NAME PASSWORD x
    2. the x represent the expansion pack number (Classic = leave blank, TBC = 1)

On Error:
    You may need to install the C++ 2017 redistributables from MS. I have also included the file in server->tools->dep->VC_redist.x64.exe

How to patch
    1) Extract the patch and overwrite when prompted
    ... i.e. c:\cmangos-tbc (or wherever you placed it)
    2) server->tools
    ...run cmangos_DBMaintenance.bat
    ...wait for the "complete" prompt
    3) server->tools
    ...run cmangos_Apply_Patch.bat
    4) Close the database window with ctrl-c

Patch Error Notice:
    Errors will be shown it's normal -- they are fail safe checks not real errors.

Download
    Mega
    Full 1.24gb: cMangos-TBC_Repack_V1b-p1581 :: compiled 05-01-2019
    Patch Only 1.16gb: patch-v01-18-1581 :: compiled 05-01-2019

Optional Downloads
    Enhanced Graphics for 2.4.3
    1) Extract the graphics patch archive into your 2.4.3 (client) data folder
    .. (C:\World of Warcraft 2.4.3\data)

Patch Notes:
    Code:
    Core/DB:Too many to list this time! (Four months of core and database updates)
    Maps: Updated to v6 w/ HD
    Repack: mysql downgrade to 5.7.18 (to match core) changes, adjustments, and bug fixes made to the repack backend.
    Notes:
    I repurposed the launcher bat files from conan513's SPP series of repacks. Thanks goes to him for his efforts on those amazing projects.
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 05-01-2019 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Patch v01-18-1581 : Compiled 05-01-2019

BrooksTech hi please tell me how the Assembly health? Very interested in working pve content spells etc that is implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectman View Post
    BrooksTech hi please tell me how the Assembly health? Very interested in working pve content spells etc that is implemented?
    ScriptDev2, ACID
    Events, Quests, Dungeons, Raids: Scripted and Available

Classes and spells seem to be fully supported and available.

Does it have any bugs or missing scripts that are worth mentioning or it's just perfect?

+rep, 2.4.3 repacks are always welcome
    Perhaps next time you edit this you can also name the Mangos version you're using so that, in the future, it's easier for folks to know if it's an older version than theirs or not.

I really hope you keep this up (hopefully update it once in a while), but either way, my thanks once again.
    Now if i may ask,
    1) you mention a portable database? In layman's terms, what exactly does that signify?
    2) Speaking of database, are there any repack-specific things i need to know in terms of importing/exporting characters? Would suck, starting over.. again, lol

@ElBaster it's a Mangos repack dude, there is no "perfect". All these years later, i find the same bugs i used to in the beginning. Whatever 'fixes' they introduce, they almost never involve the kind we'd notice firsthand; ie quests, mechanics, etc.
    Totems, NPC health pools, NPC aggro mechanics, broken quest chains, they're all there unfortunately. Don't expect Jeutie's/Trinity 3.3.5 quality levels here
    Last edited by Aenra; 01-31-2018 at 04:56 PM.

@Aenra
    Thanks =)

I added a version number to the repack.

1) The database isn't tied to a specific machine or user.
    2) Import/Export of accounts and characters will be done automatically when I release a version patch. You will be able to find the export in the server-->tools-->backup folder. (I will add a tool that will let you backup whenever you like).

I have a few extra documents in the server-->docs folder that you may find useful. Exports of the GM_Commands, QuestIDs, SpellIDs, Item List for 2.4.3 etc.

I will do my best to keep the repack fresh.

@ElBaster
    @Perfectman
    I will try to put together a more comprehensive Version health list for the build version.

Awesome, am currently on a different repack, lol, you posted this about a month too late, but will be switching over come the weekend.
    (every odd year or so, i keep coming back to TBC; best memories, best game version for me)

Needless to say, great to hear you'll be updating this! That additional imp/exp tool you mentioned will also be greatly appreciated

Project updated. It will be easier to keep current with the structure I have in place now.

- - - Updated - - -

Core and DB update: Link in topic post
    patch-v01-18-1047
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 02-08-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Couldn't successfully import my toons from the repack i was on, but what the hell, always wanted to try a priest out

Thanks again for the added update tools, i hope you keep updating this when time allows.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a dumb question, just saw a folder named 'Updates'. Are those already installed? If not, what does the ignorant peasant (me) do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
    Couldn't successfully import my toons from the repack i was on, but what the hell, always wanted to try a priest out

Thanks again for the added update tools, i hope you keep updating this when time allows.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a dumb question, just saw a folder named 'Updates'. Are those already installed? If not, what does the ignorant peasant (me) do with them?
    The update folder is used by the .bat files for patch. If you got the patch and followed the steps then your good to go. =)

Patch
    1) Extract the patch and overwrite when prompted
    ... i.e. c:\cmangos-tbc (or the folder you used)
    2) server->tools
    ...run cmangos_DB_Backup.bat
    3) server->tools
    ...run cmangos-DB_FullReset.bat
    4) server->tools
    ...run cmangos_DB_BackupImport.bat

Patch Error Notice:
    Errors will be shown it's normal -- they are fail safe checks
    mysql security warnnings will also be shown. I did not supress them because the database is local and there isn't a threat to the database.

Also, depending on the repack you were on, I may be able to get an import done for you... maybe.
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 02-09-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Nice Repack, thank you! Any chance that you merge Playerbots into it, so that we can spawn the world with bots like in conan513's SPP repacks?

Quote Originally Posted by iGsYnDrOme View Post
    Nice Repack, thank you! Any chance that you merge Playerbots into it, so that we can spawn the world with bots like in conan513's SPP repacks?
    I've been taking a crack at it, but it's unstable at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    I've been taking a crack at it, but it's unstable at the moment.
    It would be really nice, mabye as an option to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    If you got the patch and followed the steps then your good to go
    First of all, thanks for replying
    At the risk of sounding even dumber, i'm really not sure what patch we're talking about here, there's neither folder nor file named 'patch' inside the repack; or even containing the word 'patch'.
    Are you talking about future patches?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
    First of all, thanks for replying
    At the risk of sounding even dumber, i'm really not sure what patch we're talking about here, there's neither folder nor file named 'patch' inside the repack; or even containing the word 'patch'.
    Are you talking about future patches?
    No worries. I updated the topic post with a patch. It's near the bottom under the Download section.