Welcome to AC Web.

Making / Blending spells,

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Is it possible for me to duplicate a spell, and make a new spell, like for example a murlock form which is just
    the druid travel for but the displayId for the deer is a murlock? allso I am using a Repack.
    I assume I would have to add a patch with the dbc, but I want to make sure this is possible before I break my game.
    Ps. I am using Mop but I will accept a tutorial for any version, and yes I did google it without any results.

Yes you can! But I am not really into supporting repacks, otherwise i could show you a basic thing you could do

Quote Originally Posted by titkata_bg View Post
    Yes you can! But I am not really into supporting repacks, otherwise i could show you a basic thing you could do
    I understand where you're coming from with the dislike for repacks, but thanks for letting me know its possible
    I'm sure i'll figure it out!

This cannot be done using a repack, since the source handles which model the player gets changed to based on:

- What form the player selected (cat/bear/travel)
    - What hair color, (or skin color for Taurens) the player has.

This is all handled under

Code:
    uint32 Unit::GetModelForForm(ShapeshiftForm form, uint32 spellId) const
    Upon casting a shapeshift spell, the effect
    Code:
    &AuraEffect::HandleAuraModShapeshift, // 36 SPELL_AURA_MOD_SHAPESHIFT
    is triggered. It selects the value from column 81, the values which can be placed in the column 81 when using a shapeshift effect are the following.

Code:
    enum ShapeshiftForm
    {
        FORM_NONE               = 0x00,
        FORM_CAT                = 0x01,
        FORM_TREE               = 0x02,
        FORM_TRAVEL             = 0x03,
        FORM_AQUA               = 0x04,
        FORM_BEAR               = 0x05,
        FORM_AMBIENT            = 0x06,
        FORM_GHOUL              = 0x07,
        FORM_DIREBEAR           = 0x08,
        FORM_STEVES_GHOUL       = 0x09,
        FORM_THARONJA_SKELETON  = 0x0A,
        FORM_TEST_OF_STRENGTH   = 0x0B,
        FORM_BLB_PLAYER         = 0x0C,
        FORM_SHADOW_DANCE       = 0x0D,
        FORM_CREATUREBEAR       = 0x0E,
        FORM_CREATURECAT        = 0x0F,
        FORM_GHOSTWOLF          = 0x10,
        FORM_BATTLESTANCE       = 0x11,
        FORM_DEFENSIVESTANCE    = 0x12,
        FORM_BERSERKERSTANCE    = 0x13,
        FORM_TEST               = 0x14,
        FORM_ZOMBIE             = 0x15,
        FORM_METAMORPHOSIS      = 0x16,
        FORM_UNDEAD             = 0x19,
        FORM_MASTER_ANGLER      = 0x1A,
        FORM_FLIGHT_EPIC        = 0x1B,
        FORM_SHADOW             = 0x1C,
        FORM_FLIGHT             = 0x1D,
        FORM_STEALTH            = 0x1E,
        FORM_MOONKIN            = 0x1F,
        FORM_SPIRITOFREDEMPTION = 0x20
    };
    So, if you were to try and create a custom Murlock shapeshift spell, you would have to add an additional value to this enum here for Murlocks, then edit the method which calculates the forms based on skin/hair color, and after that create a custom spell which shapeshifts the player into a Murlock, however, the dbc structure, especially for spells, heavily changed in all expansions above Wrath of the Lich King, and there aren't any "good" tutorials on how to create custom spells in these expansions, at least, not from what I have seen.

The best thing you can do on a repack, is go into CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc, and change the model of the Travel Form creature into a model of a Murlock, and rename the spell into Murlock form.
    Last edited by Loud21; 11-21-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Ah cmon guys i can't stand to this bullshit.

YES!!! you can do it on a repack !!!

spells are handled by Spell.dbc, find a mask spell for example duplicate the id , change the creature id in the spell upload the new SPELL.DBC to your realm restart make a patch and you are done..

Easy as 1.2.3 just download StoneHarry's spell editor if you don't know how to edit spell.dbc manualy

Quote Originally Posted by darksoke View Post
    Ah cmon guys i can't stand to this bullshit.

YES!!! you can do it on a repack !!!

spells are handled by Spell.dbc, find a mask spell for example duplicate the id , change the creature id in the spell upload the new SPELL.DBC to your realm restart make a patch and you are done..

Easy as 1.2.3 just download StoneHarry's spell editor if you don't know how to edit spell.dbc manualy
    The creature ID for shapeshift spells is not handled through the Spell.dbc file

Read how Shapeshift spells are handled here

Code:
    void AuraEffect::HandleAuraModShapeshift(AuraApplication const* aurApp, uint8 mode, bool apply) const
    And read how morphing the player is handled

Code:
    void Unit::SetDisplayId(uint32 modelId)
    What you're referring to are mount spells, which are handled through the Spell.dbc in
    Code:
    111-113	int32	EffectMiscValue[3]

Quote Originally Posted by trexman1234 View Post
    Ps. I am using Mop but I will accept a tutorial for any version, and yes I did google it without any results.
    OP is working with the MoP expansion, and from what I know StoneHarry's spell editor doesn't support builds above 12340
    Last edited by Loud21; 11-21-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud21 View Post
    The creature ID for shapeshift spells is not handled through the Spell.dbc file

Read how Shapeshift spells are handled here

Code:
    void AuraEffect::HandleAuraModShapeshift(AuraApplication const* aurApp, uint8 mode, bool apply) const
    And read how morphing the player is handled

Code:
    void Unit::SetDisplayId(uint32 modelId)
    What you're referring to are mount spells, which are handled through the Spell.dbc in
    Code:
    111-113	int32	EffectMiscValue[3]

OP is working with the MoP expansion, and from what I know StoneHarry's spell editor doesn't support builds above 12340
    Are you serious ? did you even took a look over a morphing spell structure ? He's not talking about a shapeshift spell he just want a spell to morph him into a give creature like Human Male Illusion spell that's all stored in spell.dbc and all you have to do is duplicate the spell and put a new creature entry id. I can't show now cause i'm not at home but i will as soon as i get back home. I've smoked this blunt long time ago trust me now i'm creating all kind of custom spells so i know what i'm talking about

Trexman i'll send you a sample as soon as i get back home that would be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by darksoke View Post
    Are you serious ? did you even took a look over a morphing spell structure ? He's not talking about a shapeshift spell he just want a spell to morph him into a give creature like Human Male Illusion spell that's all stored in spell.dbc and all you have to do is duplicate the spell and put a new creature entry id. I can't show now cause i'm not at home but i will as soon as i get back home. I've smoked this blunt long time ago trust me now i'm creating all kind of custom spells so i know what i'm talking about

Trexman i'll send you a sample as soon as i get back home that would be tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by trexman1234 View Post
    like for example a murlock form which is just
    the druid travel for but the displayId for the deer is a murlock?
    He wants a custom DRUID FORM, not a MORPH SPELL. Jesus christ, you've failed to read the main thread 3 times in a row.
    But please, don't let that hold you back from posting a sample in this thread.
    Last edited by Loud21; 11-22-2017 at 01:03 AM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Darksoke you're not correct, you should try putting on glasses of what loud wrote!
    Last edited by Waiting for the end; 11-21-2017 at 09:00 PM.