Welcome to AC Web.

can retail cds be used?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I'm wondering if you can use the old cds to use as the client or according to threads I've been checking, a fully modified client must be downloaded?

I'm hoping to start with 1.12.1 and I was hoping to use the cds to install then find patches to update to 1.12.1 so the only left would be a repack.

But it seems like a download is required. Which is which?

Yeah, not sure if you can actually use the CDs still as it will prompt you for updates. So you're best off just finding a place to download the client you want. What are you looking for exactly? Not sure I understand.

Just an clear answer. That's all. If the cds can't be used, then I'll have to look for an download. I prefer direct download since I don't torrent.

If the CDs are for the Classic client, then yes you should be able to use them to install, but you will need to go download and manually apply any needed patches. Therefore it may be easier to simply download a full client.

Try the one from here: http://retro-wow.com/page/connect

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousplayer View Post
    Just an clear answer. That's all. If the cds can't be used, then I'll have to look for an download. I prefer direct download since I don't torrent.
    Youre asking an extremely obscure question, most people don't attempt this, disconnect your internet and try it.