Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    [Showoff] Restore deleted characters npc.


    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    This npc can restore deleted characters.



    Download link: Coming soon
    Last edited by CrazyDane; 09-05-2017 at 02:39 PM.

  2. #2

  3. #3


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    https://www.twitch.tv/artamedes
    Posts
    449
    Nice job!

  4. #4
    Mysterious

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    https://www.cruel-wow.net
    Posts
    1,418
    Not bad

  5. #5
    Hmm i'd like to take a look over the script because i have 2 questions maybe they will help you.

    1st What if you have 10 characters , delete one and create another one then get ingame and try to restore deleted character. Have you added a check for that because if a player have more than 10 characters on a single account in db he can crash the server or the client ("Resource Violation client error too many characters")

    2nd Once you restore the character are you also cleaning deleteinfos_account, deleteinfos_name and deleteDate ? Well this is not going to affect in any way but is just cleaner.

    Other than that good job

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by darksoke View Post
    Hmm i'd like to take a look over the script because i have 2 questions maybe they will help you.

    1st What if you have 10 characters , delete one and create another one then get ingame and try to restore deleted character. Have you added a check for that because if a player have more than 10 characters on a single account in db he can crash the server or the client ("Resource Violation client error too many characters")

    2nd Once you restore the character are you also cleaning deleteinfos_account, deleteinfos_name and deleteDate ? Well this is not going to affect in any way but is just cleaner.

    Other than that good job
    1st: I'm already checking if the account has 10 characters already, just forgot to show in the video.

    2nd: For some reason if I didn't clean the deleteInfos columns it wouldn't work at all, so those are being cleaned aswell.

    Thanks for the heads up however.
    Last edited by CrazyDane; 07-18-2017 at 06:04 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDane View Post
    1st: I'm already checking if the account has 10 characters already, just forgot to show in the video.

    2nd: For some reason if I didn't clean the deleteInfos columns it wouldn't work at all, so those are being cleaned aswell.

    Thanks for the heads up however.
    Nice to hear that good job

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just a little tip you can add a timer for how much time left until character get wiped from db depending on char clean time in worldserver.conf it would be just a cool addition

  8. #8
    Nice, I would love to see this on more servers

  9. #9
    Wow, this is a nice piece of work!

  10. #10
    This is quite awesome

  11. #11


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    C:/Windows/System32/kernel32.dll
    Posts
    802
    Aren't deleted chars stored in the database for 30days or so?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    Aren't deleted chars stored in the database for 30days or so?
    by default they are saved for 30 days but you can set other period in worldserver.conf

  13. #13
    wow that's amazing script...

  14. #14
    Bump - will release this in a few days for free.

  15. #15

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    What if another player has already created a character with the same name as the one you're trying to restore?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •