Welcome to AC Web.

[Showoff] Restore deleted characters npc.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    This npc can restore deleted characters.

nice i like the idea.

Mysterious

Not bad

Hmm i'd like to take a look over the script because i have 2 questions maybe they will help you.

1st What if you have 10 characters , delete one and create another one then get ingame and try to restore deleted character. Have you added a check for that because if a player have more than 10 characters on a single account in db he can crash the server or the client ("Resource Violation client error too many characters")

2nd Once you restore the character are you also cleaning deleteinfos_account, deleteinfos_name and deleteDate ? Well this is not going to affect in any way but is just cleaner.

Other than that good job

Quote Originally Posted by darksoke View Post
    Hmm i'd like to take a look over the script because i have 2 questions maybe they will help you.

1st What if you have 10 characters , delete one and create another one then get ingame and try to restore deleted character. Have you added a check for that because if a player have more than 10 characters on a single account in db he can crash the server or the client ("Resource Violation client error too many characters")

2nd Once you restore the character are you also cleaning deleteinfos_account, deleteinfos_name and deleteDate ? Well this is not going to affect in any way but is just cleaner.

Other than that good job
    1st: I'm already checking if the account has 10 characters already, just forgot to show in the video.

2nd: For some reason if I didn't clean the deleteInfos columns it wouldn't work at all, so those are being cleaned aswell.

Thanks for the heads up however.
    Last edited by CrazyDane; 07-18-2017 at 06:04 AM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDane View Post
    1st: I'm already checking if the account has 10 characters already, just forgot to show in the video.

2nd: For some reason if I didn't clean the deleteInfos columns it wouldn't work at all, so those are being cleaned aswell.

Thanks for the heads up however.
    Nice to hear that good job

- - - Updated - - -

Just a little tip you can add a timer for how much time left until character get wiped from db depending on char clean time in worldserver.conf it would be just a cool addition