Welcome to AC Web.
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Frayre has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

but i think u know what im looking for

oh and of course thank u very mutch

Alrighty, so starting from scratch again. Got the latest repack, unzipped the stuff to the Core folder, set the server paths and they're all green... and now I'm getting the error message "Map file './maps/0004331.map' does not exist!
    Please place MAP-files (*.map) in the appropriate directory (./maps/), or correct the DataDir setting in your worldserver.conf file.
    Unable to load critical files - server shutting down !!!" every time I try to get the world server on. The MySQL server started fine, as did the auth server. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Laonefaye View Post
    Alrighty, so starting from scratch again. Got the latest repack, unzipped the stuff to the Core folder, set the server paths and they're all green... and now I'm getting the error message "Map file './maps/0004331.map' does not exist!
    Please place MAP-files (*.map) in the appropriate directory (./maps/), or correct the DataDir setting in your worldserver.conf file.
    Unable to load critical files - server shutting down !!!" every time I try to get the world server on. The MySQL server started fine, as did the auth server. Any suggestions? Thanks!

So the question is did you check the path in the worldserver.conf?

Thank you Frayre for the release of the Cata repack...but if you ever manage to compile a x86 please let me know
    Big Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by ozzmosis View Post
    So the question is did you check the path in the worldserver.conf?
    Hmm. I didn't change the path in there, and I'm not sure what I should be looking for. The DataDir section described in the error message is still the default:

DataDir
    # Description: Data directory setting.
    # Important: DataDir needs to be quoted, as the string might contain space characters.
    # Example: "@prefix@/share/trinitycore"
    # Default: "."

DataDir = "."

I'm curious about this missing map nonsense it's telling me about. No idea what to do there. I've re-downloaded and re-unpacked, and whatever file 0004331 is is still missing.

- - - Updated - - -

I did find this, but it's gobbledygook to me: https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/13523

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Laonefaye; 03-13-2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: ac-web keeps timing out, and now it's double posted.

So i've been trying to Respond since lastnight... Seems AC-WEB is having some issues. However last night when i seen your post i downloaded the repack and maps then extracted and the server started without any issues. How are you extracting the maps? are you using 7-zip, Win Rar, winzip? and just want to make sure your using the correct maps unfortuanlty they are named the same as the 3.3.5a versions so it's possible you could have used the wrong version. ( Going to correct the names to make things more clear next time )

Hmm. I didn't change the path in there, and I'm not sure what I should be looking for. The DataDir section described in the error message is still the default:

DataDir
    # Description: Data directory setting.
    # Important: DataDir needs to be quoted, as the string might contain space characters.
    # Example: "@prefix@/share/trinitycore"
    # Default: "."

DataDir = "."

I'm curious about this missing map nonsense it's telling me about. No idea what to do there. I've re-downloaded and re-unpacked, and whatever file 0004331 is is still missing.

- - - Updated - - -

I did find this, but it's gobbledygook to me: https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/13523

- - - Updated - - -
    Do you have the maps,mmaps,vmaps, and dbc files? It sounds like you don't. Download them or use the extractors found in the "Extras" folder.

If you already have them, make a folder called data in the core directory and put the map folders inside it. Then change DataDir = "." to DataDir = "data" or you can just extract the maps into the core directory and skip the conf edit altogether.)
    Last edited by BrooksTech; 03-13-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadZone View Post
    Thank you Frayre for the release of the Cata repack...but if you ever manage to compile a x86 please let me know
    Big Hugs
    Had a few min over lunch. Here you go Give it a try Original Post has been updated as well.

4.3.4 March-10-2018 (X86) MySQL 5.6.rar

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksTech View Post
    Do you have the maps,mmaps,vmaps, and dbc files? It sounds like you don't. Download them or use the extractors found in the "Extras" folder.

If you already have them, make a folder called data in the core directory and put the map folders inside it. Then change DataDir = "." to DataDir = "data" or you can just extract the maps into the core directory and skip the conf edit altogether.)
    Yes, I downloaded and extracted, in this order: dbc, maps, mmaps, and vmaps. I got the files from the last release I could find, page 12 or so. I used 7zip to extract each of these to the Core folder. So, still don't know what's going on. I've done this before and it's worked, it's just been a little while. I'll try creating the data folder like you said, but I've never had to do that before in order to get this repack working. I wonder what's changed.

(Yeah, ac-web has been slow in responding for me as well. Glad to see it's not just me though!)

EDIT: Tried that, still not working. Same error message. Oh, and nothing's happening now when I try to start the MySQL server.
    Last edited by Laonefaye; 03-13-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluechen View Post
    Frayre has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

but i think u know what im looking for

oh and of course thank u very mutch
    Messages have now been cleared out. I will Send you the link to the Client as soon as i get a chance tonight after i get back to my PC. Just ran out of time. Should have the link to you shortly.

Yes, I downloaded and extracted, in this order: dbc, maps, mmaps, and vmaps. I got the files from the last release I could find, page 12 or so. I used 7zip to extract each of these to the Core folder. So, still don't know what's going on. I've done this before and it's worked, it's just been a little while. I'll try creating the data folder like you said, but I've never had to do that before in order to get this repack working. I wonder what's changed.

(Yeah, ac-web has been slow in responding for me as well. Glad to see it's not just me though!)
    Can you tell us the folders you have in your core directory?

Can you tell us the folders you have in your core directory?
    dbc, Logs, maps, mmaps, vmaps are the folders there. I've noticed though that with the main repack folder and all of these smaller folders, there seem to be extra folders everywhere. Like, instead of "3.3.5a February 20blahblahblah\stuff in there" there is "3.3.5a February...\3.3.5a February...\all the things" if that makes sense. It's the same with the dbc and maps folders. Should I move them all up a step and see if that does it?

dbc, Logs, maps, mmaps, vmaps are the folders there. I've noticed though that with the main repack folder and all of these smaller folders, there seem to be extra folders everywhere. Like, instead of "3.3.5a February 20blahblahblah\stuff in there" there is "3.3.5a February...\3.3.5a February...\all the things" if that makes sense. It's the same with the dbc and maps folders. Should I move them all up a step and see if that does it?
    Try putting the maps into a data dir inside the core folder and then set DataDir = "data" This is how I have mine, and it works.

Your folder issue seems like you did an "extract to" instead of an "extract here". I don't think that should be an issue, really, just messy.

Try putting the maps into a data dir inside the core folder and then set DataDir = "data" This is how I have mine, and it works.

Your folder issue seems like you did an "extract to" instead of an "extract here". I don't think that should be an issue, really, just messy.
    Thank you, but I tried that already and it didn't work.

EDIT: Also just tried a clean re-download just in case there were connection issues I didn't notice the first time. Same error message.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frayre View Post
    So i've been trying to Respond since lastnight... Seems AC-WEB is having some issues. However last night when i seen your post i downloaded the repack and maps then extracted and the server started without any issues. How are you extracting the maps? are you using 7-zip, Win Rar, winzip? and just want to make sure your using the correct maps unfortuanlty they are named the same as the 3.3.5a versions so it's possible you could have used the wrong version. ( Going to correct the names to make things more clear next time )
    Hey man, didn't see your response this morning. I'm using 7zip which has always worked fine. I downloaded the files from your 5.6 release just a couple of pages back. I have a x64 machine, so used the x64 link. Got all the other files too: dbc, maps, mmaps, vmaps, that were all under the main 5.6 repack, and extracted them to the Core folder just like always. I did a clean download, so I don't know what the issue is.
    Last edited by Laonefaye; 03-13-2018 at 07:03 PM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Guys i try to Edit this text but i cant the the rightsql can u help me ?

https://imgur.com/a/6oqbg