Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Re-release [TrinityCore Control Panel]

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hi there!

So for a while now I've been using my compiled server and each time I've had to Start/Restart/ or Stop my server, I've had to go into Task Manager, disable MySQL in the services tab, then go to each batch file I've created to start and stop my world/authentication servers, and it's just annoying to do that all the time..

So what I decided to do was update Jeutie's Repack Control Panel in which the program gives you the option to start your world/auth/mysql/apache server with just a few clicks in the same screen..

The reason I had updated this program was because Jeutie's Repack Control only seems to work on Jeutie's Blizzlike Repack (at least for me anyways, and I'm sure others as well), and so I had remade the control panel to work with everyone's compiled TrinityCore servers.

The program does the exact same thing as Jeutie's Repack Control and a couple things more!

* When clicking on the "Options" menu, you now have the option to choose between Light theme and Dark theme. You can also choose to reset the program within the Options menu.

*Newly added "MySQL without service" check box added. This is for people who want to run their MySQL server without the service that is usually enabled at run time. If checked, your MySQL service will only show up as "mysqld.exe" in Task Manager without the MySQL service enabled in the Services tab.

*** 98% of this control panel was made by Terry Brashaw who developed this program for Jeutie's Blizzlike Repack. The design of it is 100% made by Terry Brashaw. I solely updated the program to work efficiently with my compiled server (and for others as well). I do not own this program. ***

Last thing to mention: When using this program, make sure that it is always ran as "Administrator" so that you could use the "MySQL service" if you wanted to. If you don't run the program as "Administrator" you will experience a glitch affecting the MySQL service (the service won't start and you can't end it to my knowledge. It will say its already running even though its not). If you have any questions or have found any more glitches, let me know! I've tested this to the best of my abilities trying to find the glitches and have found none.

------------
    Download:
    ------------

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x8ontx...trol_Panel.zip
    Last edited by Deathmajesty; 05-29-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Good job mate, thanks for the release

What was actually updated, considering the control panel Terry made still worked completely fine from my understanding. I don't mean anything negative, I'm just generally curious. Nonetheless, thank you for the re-release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleefest View Post
    Good job mate, thanks for the release
    Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateDonut View Post
    What was actually updated, considering the control panel Terry made still worked completely fine from my understanding. I don't mean anything negative, I'm just generally curious. Nonetheless, thank you for the re-release.
    Hi! So every time I had ever used jeutie's control repack on my compiled server, I could never get it to start up/work because MySQL wasn't starting. So I updated the control panel so that it would work with any compiled or repack server. I also added a dark theme to it as well as an option to use the MySQL service or use it without the service running (just mysqld)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmajesty View Post
    Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! So every time I had ever used jeutie's control repack on my compiled server, I could never get it to start up/work because MySQL wasn't starting. So I updated the control panel so that it would work with any compiled or repack server. I also added a dark theme to it as well as an option to use the MySQL service or use it without the service running (just mysqld)
    My system refuses to download this file due to:

ID: Win32/Spursint.F!cl
    Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
    file:C:\Users\WoW\AppData\Local\Temp\Y387SmvK.zip. part

Get more information about this item online.

UPDATE
    I tested this in a sandbox. It's pretty much useless and adds 100k to the filesize. Either your compiler sucks, or you've got something else hiding in there.
    Last edited by Cyraxe; 08-04-2017 at 10:17 PM.

The application seems harmless to me. I think you're paranoid or your antivirus may be. It's just a false positive.
    You can scan it using an online virus scanner like https://www.virustotal.com
    You can also decompile it and look through the code. I just did that and I haven't found anything suspicius.

On the other hand, you can use Jeutie's Repack Control made by Terry Brashaw. No one forces you to use Deathmajesty's version.
    Last edited by mindsear; 08-04-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mindsear View Post
    The application seems harmless to me. I think you're paranoid or your antivirus may be. It's just a false positive.
    You can scan it using an online virus scanner like https://www.virustotal.com
    You can also decompile it and look through the code. I just did that and I haven't found anything suspicius.

On the other hand, you can use Jeutie's Repack Control made by Terry Brashaw. No one forces you to use Deathmajesty's version.
    No reason to get salty, I'm just passing along the information. This version is useless regardless if it's producing a false-positive or not. It adds nothing to an already good control.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyraxe View Post
    No reason to get salty, I'm just passing along the information. This version is useless regardless if it's producing a false-positive or not. It adds nothing to an already good control.
    Not true. I've tried using Jeutie's control panel on my own compiled server and it didn't work. That's why I made this. You're probably using Jeutie's Blizzlike Repack so ofc this doesn't do much for you. And no, there aren't any viruses.

@deathmajesty Been using this a while a works perfect thanks for sharing your work.

Just a thought would it be possible to add a way having a timer for say a server restart at a set time. Also change the editor for conf files as i use sublime or notepad++.

Quote Originally Posted by xXx-OuTLaW-xXx View Post
    Also change the editor for conf files as i use sublime or notepad++.
    This application has nothing to do with that.
    In windows, you can change that by right clicking on a .conf file, select properties and change the app so that configuration files will be opened using n++ or whatever.

Edit:
    Oh, yeah, my bad. It does open notepad first.

Quote Originally Posted by xXx-OuTLaW-xXx View Post
    Just a thought would it be possible to add a way having a timer for say a server restart at a set time. Also change the editor for conf files as i use sublime or notepad++.
    I managed to make your suggestions possible.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/63yh2...ol%20Panel.exe

Note: If you get "The System cannot find the file specified" Error while opening the conf files using sublime, you need to add a new Environment Variable to System Variables, add a new Path with your Sublime path (e.g. C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3)
    Last edited by mindsear; 08-10-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmajesty View Post
    Not true. I've tried using Jeutie's control panel on my own compiled server and it didn't work. That's why I made this. You're probably using Jeutie's Blizzlike Repack so ofc this doesn't do much for you. And no, there aren't any viruses.
    Zaxxer's Control Panel v3.1 blows this out of the water and it works with any core.

Thank you Mindsear, for taking time to do this.

In windows, you can change that by right clicking on a .conf file, select properties and change the app so that configuration files will be opened using n++ or whatever.

Edit:

Note: If you get "The System cannot find the file specified" Error while opening the conf files using sublime, you need to add a new Environment Variable to System Variables, add a new Path with your Sublime path (e.g. C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3)

you got the source code for this one

Edit:

Is there a way you can make timed restart so that you can select specific days and times? for example set it to restart on Monday 2:00am Wednesday 2:00am and Saturday 6:am

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthedruid View Post
    Is there a way you can make timed restart so that you can select specific days and times? for example set it to restart on Monday 2:00am Wednesday 2:00am and Saturday 6:am
    I will take a look and see what I can do.