Welcome to AC Web.

3D modelling software

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Which 3D modelling software do you have some experience in? Which one do you often use for some purposes?

Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Dukil View Post
    Which 3D modelling software do you have some experience in? Which one do you often use for some purposes?
    I prefer Blender. I have used it for more than 6 years now. I have tested other softwares like Maya and 3ds max and Cinema 4D but i really dont like them. Blender is the program i prefer, Its easy to learn. Good key bindings that are easy to reach and easy to remember and its a pretty powerfull software and its OpenSource !

Kebab Slicer

3ds max.

On a daily basis I either use Blender, Cinema4D, Video Copilots Element 3D and DAZ 3D; depending on the project and the mood I'm in.

I have 3ds Max but haven't used it nor have I installed it.

Kebab Slicer

Quote Originally Posted by Cautiouz View Post
    On a daily basis I either use Blender, Cinema4D, Video Copilots Element 3D and DAZ 3D; depending on the project and the mood I'm in.

I have 3ds Max but haven't used it nor have I installed it.
    Use it

Last edited by Degenesis; 08-07-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Certainly Profitable

I use Inventor / Solidworks for professional use. (for Construction industry)

Kebab Slicer

I would actually recommend you to use ZBrush and 3ds Max.

Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Veins View Post
    I would actually recommend you to use ZBrush and 3ds Max.
    Yeah but ZBrush is not so much for modelling. Its more focused on sculpting and the difference between sculpting and modelling is huge. Im a terrible sculpter but a pretty decent modeller. I have tried ZBrush myself and it was extremly hard to navigate and sculpt. Probably because im used to the blender hotkeys. But i have seen others sculping some really crazy stuff in ZBrush. I am almost 100% sure that ZBrush is way better than blender when it comes to sculpting but this thread was about modelling. But i cannot really remember if i ever tried 3ds max. I dont think i have

Last edited by Degenesis; 08-07-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Kebab Slicer

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tok124 View Post
    Yeah but ZBrush is not so much for modelling. Its more focused on sculpting and the difference between sculpting and modelling is huge. Im a terrible sculpter but a pretty decent modeller. I have tried ZBrush myself and it was extremly hard to navigate and sculpt. Probably because im used to the blender hotkeys. But i have seen others sculping some really crazy stuff in ZBrush. I am almost 100% sure that ZBrush is way better than blender when it comes to sculpting but this thread was about modelling. But i cannot really remember if i ever tried 3ds max. I dont think i have
    You would model your object in 3ds max and export it to zbrush to smoothen it out and create realistic changes to it.