Welcome to AC Web.

Exclamation How to backup my Server ? (linux)

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Good evening, I was wondering.
    If my host vps sees that I host a private server World of Warcraft and decides to remove my server because it's illegal, how am I going to do it?
    So I asked myself the question:
    How to protect and backup my private server in case of problem, so that my players do not lose their data?
    If I copy the files: "server" and "TrinityCore" in my "home / <user> /" folder and transfer them via SFTP to my Windows PC to copy them to a future server, is Will work?
    How to make a full backup of my private server, with the MySQL database, DBC & MAPS so I can put them on another VPS? Is there a script or software for that?
    I'm afraid that one day my host will delete my data. I ask for a clear and complete answer.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance !

By the way, I am French sorry if you do not understand too much as I translate with google translation

The server files can be copied in this way, yes. Though this is less important since they are easy enough to recover (re-download the source and compile a fresh core).

For the DBC and MAPS etc, they are just files. You can back these up using the same method as for the server files, but again, you can just extract this information again so not a big deal if you lose it.

The one thing you will need to backup is the databases. Specifically the auth and character databases since they contain all the account, character and guild info. The world database can also be backed up, but this is less important since it will only give you which mobs are currently dead and when they should respawn.

To backup the databases, you can use mysqldump. See https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7...mysqldump.html for details on using mysqldump for this.

For other ways to backup your databases see https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7...p-methods.html

Thank you very much for your answer, however I have one last question:
    How to re-install the database later?
    Would you like to go through Skype to help me solve another problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Guirri View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer, however I have one last question:
    How to re-install the database later?
    The backups are SQL files, so you can simply import/install them into the database(s) in the same way you installed the original databases.

Quote Originally Posted by Guirri View Post
    Would you like to go through Skype to help me solve another problem?
    I don't have/use Skype so I can't.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Thank you !