Welcome to AC Web.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Fixed it Jeakz

  2. #47
    What does the Play now button should do? i cant find where to specify where is my client. Same for realmlist and delete cache.

  3. #48

  4. #49


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Deepholme-wow.com
    Posts
    101
    Tried downloading the source, edited everything, and got everything functional. But when pressing realmlist, clear cache, play now it does nothing...

  5. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by dwafkpro View Post
    What does the Play now button should do? i cant find where to specify where is my client. Same for realmlist and delete cache.
    the launcher has to be in the game directory. it finds the realmlist and cache by itself

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperorx View Post
    Tried downloading the source, edited everything, and got everything functional. But when pressing realmlist, clear cache, play now it does nothing...
    did you place is in the game directory? if so, check and post the logs

    - - - Updated - - -

    bump big update

  6. #51
    Everytime I press update the client crashes.


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Nevermind I found out what I was doing wrong.


    Suggestion though: Checkversion.txt or something this way the patcher doesn't try to keep updating files it already has. There should be a checkversion # to see if the launcher is up to date with the server.

    Example:

    My WoW Folder:
    Clientversion.txt -> 0.0

    Server:
    Clientversion.txt -> 1.0

    Open Wow Launcher
    Checks version...
    Client Version: 0.1
    Server Version: 1.0
    UPDATE FOUND! 1.0!
    Updates Files...
    Reopens WoW Launcher
    Checks version...
    Client Version: 1.0
    Server Version: 1.0
    Client is up-to-date!
    Play Game!

    My WoW Folder:
    Clientversion.txt -> 1.0
    Last edited by foxnstuff; 04-13-2017 at 07:54 AM.

  7. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by foxnstuff View Post
    Suggestion though: Checkversion.txt or something this way the patcher doesn't try to keep updating files it already has. There should be a checkversion # to see if the launcher is up to date with the server.
    I get what you're saying but the client already does that. It stores the version in it's settings files.
    You can see that by going to Project -> launcher Propertier -> Settings. There are versions for every patch.

    It's weird that it tries to download the patches everytime for you. Is the launcher read-only?

  8. #53
    Ah I know why it does it, if you patch the game, and then DON'T click play game, i think it tries to repatch it afterwards. Oh well


    Is there a way to add more than just 5 patches at a time? 10 would be nice haha

    Also is it possible for anyone who hasn't kept up-to-date with patching, that it will download old patches first before updating new ones?

    ~~~
    Edit:

    It's also not possible to revert back to a Launcher version.

    For instance: If My Launcher crashes while patching, if it can't re-download the mpq files, it will say that it's up-to-date when it's not.

    it'd be nice if there was a version file like I stated earlier to revert my launcher back a version.
    Last edited by foxnstuff; 04-15-2017 at 06:49 AM.

  9. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by foxnstuff View Post
    Is there a way to add more than just 5 patches at a time? 10 would be nice haha
    i don't intend to increase the number of patches but you can do it yourself. edit the code and make it suitable for you

    Quote Originally Posted by foxnstuff View Post
    Also is it possible for anyone who hasn't kept up-to-date with patching, that it will download old patches first before updating new ones?
    well its not working like that. it will always download the latest patches.

    lets say you have patch-X.MPQ which contains some Spell Visuals files and you want to add a new patch with Maps. instead of creating 2 different patches and having the client download both of them you can add the Maps files to your already existing patch-X.MPQ



    i hope i made my point clear

  10. #55
    I can get this to work on my localhost but not my vps, it can't connect to the data.php file and when I try to reinstall it using the index.php the page keeps going to http://127.0.0.1/launcher/index.php?...ers=characters (blanked out the user and pass)
    Is there any php file I need to change so it goes to the vps instead of the local host?

  11. #56


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Developing the world
    Posts
    792
    Jeakz can you tell me is it possible to add new line to the news/ changelog i can see in your preview image you have new lines i mean like \n or something as when i do new lines in the WEB it saves with the new line in sql but the application doesnt read the new line

  12. #57
    Retired DBC Editor

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Uncrowned Gaming
    Posts
    1,305
    any chance for a legion 7.x.x version?

  13. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupper View Post
    any chance for a legion 7.x.x version?
    unlikely

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by titkata_bg View Post
    Jeakz can you tell me is it possible to add new line to the news/ changelog i can see in your preview image you have new lines i mean like \n or something as when i do new lines in the WEB it saves with the new line in sql but the application doesnt read the new line
    hmm, try to add the new line manually in launcher's database. it should work.

  14. #59

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    What to do if my SQL host is a different one than "localhost" ? -> my Setup is

    [DBHOST]
    [WEBHOST]
    [REALMHOST]
    [LOGINHOST]

    all separate Machines but same network.

    i tried severall options:

    modify connect.php as follows:

    <?php
    require 'config.php';
    $launcherDB = mysqli_connect($GLOBALS['db_host'],$GLOBALS['user'],$GLOBALS['pass'],'launcher',$GLOBALS['db_port']);
    $authDB = mysqli_connect($GLOBALS['db_host'],$GLOBALS['user'],$GLOBALS['pass'],$GLOBALS['auth'],$GLOBALS['db_port']);
    $charDB = mysqli_connect($GLOBALS['db_host'],$GLOBALS['user'],$GLOBALS['pass'],$GLOBALS['chars'],$GLOBALS['db_port']);

    // Check if connected to all DBs
    if($launcherDB->connect_error || $authDB->connect_error || $charDB->connect_error)
    die(mysqli_close());
    ?>

    i now tried 2 Hours of finding a Solution .... Any help would be very very appreciated!!!

    Regards,

    Hellangel

    - - - Updated - - -

    *bump* need help in this - unable to use this Launcher without database connection.

    Anyone can point me in the right direction how to setup this with a separate database and no local host?

    Regards,

    Hellangel
    Last edited by Hellangel1987; 10-06-2017 at 12:56 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •