Welcome to AC Web.

[Exact] Quick Item.dbc Convert

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Sup friendly people.

It's about time to give a fucking working tutorial how to convert a DBC patch with CSVed. Since I've seen 3 tutorials and all of them were wrong.
    It's simple tho.

Step 1:

Download this .

Pre-Step:

Get your servers' item.dbc and drag and drop it on the DBCUtil.exe.
    Voila,
    *a wild item.dbc.csv appeared*

Now use: Navicat, HeidiSQL or some other programs to connect to your database.
    Navigate to your world database and enter:
    Code:
    SELECT entry, class, subclass, SoundOverrideSubclass, material, displayid, InventoryType, sheath FROM item_template WHERE entry > 58000;
    After then right click on the summary of the query and select >Export grid rows<
    Select:
    Copy to Clipboard
    Delimited Text
    Field separator [ , ]

Uncheck:
    Include column names

READ THE NEXT 3 STEPS BEFORE CONTINUEING

Step 2.1(Excel users):

Open item.dbc.csv with excel, select 1 column and paste.
    Save file, (optional) -> Open the file with CSVed (drag and drop into the CSVed launcher) and check if everything is right.

Step 2.2 (CSVed users):

Drag and drop the item.dbc.csv into your CSVed launcher, scroll to the bottom of the file, right click the last row and select:
    "Paste below cursor pos"

Step 2.3 (Notepad++ users):

I don't know why I didn't write the tutorial for Notepad++ in the first place, as its much easier and faster. Just open the Item.dbc.csv with notepad++ and paste at the bottom of the file.

Attention: If its an already edited Item.dbc, you'll most likely duplicate entries and add unnecessary size to the file, what I do: Have a default Item.dbc as Item2.dbc.csv in the folder and just copy/paste it to Item.dbc.csv each time I'm going to add new entries.

Step 3, last step:

warning: Make sure theres no other item.dbc in the folder, else it'll abort.

Save your file, drag and drop the item.dbc.csv again on the DBCUtil.exe and done .

Voila,
    *a wild item.dbc appeared*

Hope it was useful.

Since I've seen many problems and I had many problems with the converting, don't hesitate to write ur problems below.

Tip: works also gr8 if you have to import custom spells from an enUS/GB spell.dbc into another language based spell.dbc
    Last edited by Project2k14; 02-04-2019 at 03:05 PM.

K A P P A L O U N G E

Thanks, nice Tutorial works fine as provided.

+rep

Hail Project2k14

Awesome. Thanks for this tut

Quote Originally Posted by Project2k14 View Post

Step 2.3 (Notepad++ users):

I don't know why I didn't write the tutorial for Notepad++ in the first place, as its much easier and faster. Just open the Item.dbc.csv with notepad++ and paste at the bottom of the file.

Attention: If its an already edited Item.dbc, you'll most likely duplicate entries and add unnecessary size to the file, what I do: Have a default Item.dbc as Item2.dbc.csv in the folder and just copy/paste it to Item.dbc.csv each time I'm going to add new entries.
    Added a way for Notepad++

is this what i need to do after i have added custom weapons to my db? will this fix the melee/ranged error, so i can use abilities with my custom weapons ?

Quote Originally Posted by simontb View Post
    is this what i need to do after i have added custom weapons to my db? will this fix the melee/ranged error, so i can use abilities with my custom weapons ?
    Yes, after creating a custom weapon you will need to create a custom patch containing a modified version of the Item.dbc file.
    I have no intention of insulting the OP but there are more efficient ways to update your Item.dbc with the newly created weapons.
    This tutorial features one of them, utilizing the functionalities of WDBXEditor.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    You're right that seems indeed much faster, I'll be using that in future I guess. I just didn't discover any other methods before, only a few "broken" tutorials of how to do it with CSV