Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can we even understand "God"

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Let me ask you this. Not bringing any specific religion into this, let's so for a moment there is a God, Creator, All-Knowing etc, etc...

Could we, as a human, even fathom the existence of one let alone what it'd be like to be him?

I'm looking for serious answers, so please do not post something you consider "funny."

Eh? Your question is vague and really really personal, it makes no sense.

Of course we could phantom a "god" but how it would look like or what it'd be like him is all very personal. To be all-knowing would be pretty cool to me.

Say he/she is not human, how could we ever know what it'd be like to be him? we're all simple humans and that's that, you can fantasize about it but that doesn't make it an intellectual discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameyboor View Post
    Eh? Your question is vague and really really personal, it makes no sense.

Of course we could phantom a "god" but how it would look like or what it'd be like him is all very personal. To be all-knowing would be pretty cool to me.

Say he/she is not human, how could we ever know what it'd be like to be him? we're all simple humans and that's that, you can fantasize about it but that doesn't make it an intellectual discussion.

I guess my question is that if there truly was a God, it'd be hard for us to grasp what that really means. We'd have to blindly accept it in most cases?

God is only in our mind, our head.

if you admit the existence of god than you have to admit that there has to be things we( the creations ) can't/won't be able to understand
    believers will accept that (that's why they are called believers ) others will look for a martial proof
    as a believer i think that we have a brain to think about that and everyone is free to do as he pleases and once we die w'll know the answer (if we don't already )

Server Management

Having a god would be a lot easier than understanding physics and letting science guide the future of our creation beliefs (unless you're religious).

As the Egyptians inscribed.. in order for us to understand our complete origins, we must accept and learn to comprehend that something must just "be". Otherwise, the question will always linger.. "What created that?" . But what purpose does an omniscient being serve, and as always, what creates an omniscient being. Do they reside in their own version of our world filled with other omniscient beings who fathom their creation? Etc.

"When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first."

We shouldn't ask ourself How does God Look Like. I think if God Created Us, he logically cannot look like us since he created us

Quote Originally Posted by =┤Samibotss├= View Post
    We shouldn't ask ourself How does God Look Like. I think if God Created Us, he logically cannot look like us since he created us
    There goes the thread work on your grammar

god is fake fcuking jews and black peopel shd go back to africa and germany

There is a lot of terrible sourcing, and grammar in general in this thread...
    The answer is simply no.

If we could understand god in human form then the bible wouldn't have told us that we can't. Any bible that is.
    Also, we wouldn't have to question whether god is real or not.

No debate, no crossover, move on to another thread because this question is answered upon itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladrek View Post
    There goes the thread work on your grammar
    English isn't my native language, I often do grammar mistakes simply because I speak three languages...

Can we even understand "God"

Hi
    Without taking into account the issue of establishing a stone by God, which he wont be able to pick up, how do you think, may be something in this world, what can God never see?

Quote Originally Posted by progame64 View Post
    Let me ask you this. Not bringing any specific religion into this, let's so for a moment there is a God, Creator, All-Knowing etc, etc...

Could we, as a human, even fathom the existence of one let alone what it'd be like to be him?

I'm looking for serious answers, so please do not post something you consider "funny."
    Good question, for instance, there are many people who say they have had a Near Death Experience. Quite a few say that what they learned during the NDE was 'God' is love, everything is connected, even from this seemingly material world. So, according to them God is all of us feeling nothing but love for all.

Now most Abrahamic tradition faiths, starting with Abraham, Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Baha'i all say God is unknowable. Seemingly indicating God is an individual Supreme Deity.

Hindu have many God's and the indicate they understand each one and it's purpose but they are used as intercessors to gain personal favor and to reach the highest God, as best as I understand it.

Personally I enjoy what I'm learning from lay men's reading about Quantum Physics and a few of the people who have had NDE's. That at the Quantum level it becomes apparent the everything is all smeared together as one. Crude analogy of course. We seem to be partly experiencing a holographic condition here but that a part of us is already 'connected' to the quantum. Say we are the nose of the turtle poking above the water, yet we are mainly under the water.

So all we have is those two things, people who have experienced an NDE or similar state and what the real condition is through quantum physics.

Somewhere between abstraction and encapsulation.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzp...t-hill-god_fun

Dowie has delivered us the truth !
    It's not a troll, it's serious re-flexion