Welcome to AC Web.

Importing items from cataclysm to wotlk

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Greetings my dear friends, I was wondering if it's possible to import cataclysm items into wotlk. I mean the item itself not the model. I'm already aware that the model IDs dont exist in wotlk, but I could change those later after importing them. The same for some stats like Mastery and stuff that are not in Wotlk. I just want the item itself to be imported so I can leave the stats as they are and just change the model and the mastery stuff. Thanks in advance. I've already tried exporting the cataclysm items template and importing it into my wotlk database, but as I suspected it doesn't work because they have different column numbers and types. Best Regards...

Greetings, avenger.good!

Nearly a year ago you wrote this post and now I'm here to answer your question.

Yes it is possible to import cataclysm items into wotlk. If you go to my profile and view some of the posts I've started, particularly this one: http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...hes&highlight= , you will find that there are 5 patches in it. These 5 patches include Custom Zones, Weapons (including their models) and all sorts of different things from the newer expansions being Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria.

If you'd like to have the Cataclysm and MoP weapons with the models themselves, you can download these patches and edit them as you please. Although I do warn you that modding or editing those custom patches could result in some failures in the game. SQL and DBC files are also included in the custom patches, but make sure you install them server side too.

Most of the hard work credit goes to Kronixusa and the others mentioned on the post I made while 10% of the work goes to me for compiling the custom patches.

If you still have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I will be uploading an updated version of the SQL files, unless you'd rather spend time editing them yourselves to compliment the new TrinityCore database.

As far as the Mastery stat goes, it is still uncertain whether or not it is able to be implemented into the WotLK game. I doubt anyone will try to implement it any time soon, but with the items and weapons from Cata and MoP brought into WotLK, other stats have taken the place of the Mastery stat.

Best regards,
    Deathmajesty
    Last edited by Deathmajesty; 07-07-2015 at 04:58 AM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmajesty View Post
    Greetings, avenger.good!

Nearly a year ago you wrote this post and now I'm here to answer your question.

Yes it is possible to import cataclysm items into wotlk. If you go to my profile and view some of the posts I've started, particularly this one: http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...hes&highlight= , you will find that there are 5 patches in it. These 5 patches include Custom Zones, Weapons (including their models) and all sorts of different things from the newer expansions being Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria.

If you'd like to have the Cataclysm and MoP weapons with the models themselves, you can download these patches and edit them as you please. Although I do warn you that modding or editing those custom patches could result in some failures in the game. SQL and DBC files are also included in the custom patches, but make sure you install them server side too.

Most of the hard work credit goes to Kronixusa and the others mentioned on the post I made while 10% of the work goes to me for compiling the custom patches.

If you still have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I will be uploading an updated version of the SQL files, unless you'd rather spend time editing them yourselves to compliment the new TrinityCore database.

As far as the Mastery stat goes, it is still uncertain whether or not it is able to be implemented into the WotLK game. I doubt anyone will try to implement it any time soon, but with the items and weapons from Cata and MoP brought into WotLK, other stats have taken the place of the Mastery stat.

Best regards,
    Deathmajesty
    He is never gonna see this by any chance he is inactive since then