Welcome to AC Web.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hey there stoneharry,
    I would like to know how to add custom SpellIcons to the Spell.dbc?
    Maybe some few instructions, would be helpful
    (I did not try anything atm)

Thanks you!

Innovation & Emulation

Quote Originally Posted by molinita View Post
    Hey there stoneharry,
    I would like to know how to add custom SpellIcons to the Spell.dbc?
    Maybe some few instructions, would be helpful
    (I did not try anything atm)

Thanks you!
    You just need to update the SpellIcon.dbc: https://wowdev.wiki/DB/SpellIcon

This is one of the DBC's that the program reads to know which icons to try and load. It will look for BLP files matching the string path, hence the Interface folder distributed with the releases of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    You just need to update the SpellIcon.dbc: https://wowdev.wiki/DB/SpellIcon

This is one of the DBC's that the program reads to know which icons to try and load. It will look for BLP files matching the string path, hence the Interface folder distributed with the releases of the program.
    Great I Will try this later.
    Thanks you!

TOOL Spell GUI Editor V2

IF you know what XML sections/sub-sections to delete, you can use my Visual XML Editor - the editing side is fully functional on a per XML file basisjust does not provide XSL support currently.

Hi there, awesome tool!! I was wondering if you could guide me on what to edit, on this spell 64779, what this spell does it maks the character jump (or npc), from one spot to the selected AOE location stunning the target.

All works great as it is, but I was trying to make the jump faster, (character is kind of flying/floating to the target), and also when I use it to jump where no NPC are located i get no sounds from the spell.

Any clues on what to edit?

thanks!

Innovation & Emulation

Quote Originally Posted by piccolodmq View Post
    Hi there, awesome tool!! I was wondering if you could guide me on what to edit, on this spell 64779, what this spell does it maks the character jump (or npc), from one spot to the selected AOE location stunning the target.

All works great as it is, but I was trying to make the jump faster, (character is kind of flying/floating to the target), and also when I use it to jump where no NPC are located i get no sounds from the spell.

Any clues on what to edit?

thanks!
    Looking at spell ID 54487 it has this data:

Note the multiple value, and misc value A and B. I believe it is velocity and height, or something like that. Experiment with these values to change how the jump effect works.

Looking at 64779 we see a different effect:

I would guess it is super slow because of misc value B being 0.

The sound is probably tied to the spell visual data.

Hey stoneharry, excellent work with the spell editor so far! I had a question regarding the SQL included for the spellvisualmapbuilder. I have the most updated TC dbs and the sql provided for creature_template does not match the current db structure. Any chance on updated SQL for this, or instructions on what I need to change myself? Thanks!

Funserver Grandmaster

The sound is probably tied to the spell visual data.
    You'd be correct. It absolutely is. In SpellVisual.dbc, the spells visual column 12 is the sound of the missile and 13 is the sound of the animation.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that unused to working with just Mydbceditor and Ladiqs, but I decided to give this tool a go and wouldnt you know it

Whats all this, then?

Innovation & Emulation

Quote Originally Posted by itswicky View Post
    Hey stoneharry, excellent work with the spell editor so far! I had a question regarding the SQL included for the spellvisualmapbuilder. I have the most updated TC dbs and the sql provided for creature_template does not match the current db structure. Any chance on updated SQL for this, or instructions on what I need to change myself? Thanks!
    The query structures are hard coded into the program. This is quite easy to modify, recompile, and run again. See here: https://github.com/stoneharry/WoW-Sp...rogram.cs#L100

Alternatively just update the queries provided to match the new structure. The new columns can probably just be default values.

Quote Originally Posted by runemaster View Post
    You'd be correct. It absolutely is. In SpellVisual.dbc, the spells visual column 12 is the sound of the missile and 13 is the sound of the animation.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that unused to working with just Mydbceditor and Ladiqs, but I decided to give this tool a go and wouldnt you know it

Whats all this, then?

You can import and export any DBC file to and from SQL with the use of text file bindings, found in the 'Bindings' directory distributed with the program. The spell.dbc is the only one you need to import for the program to work.

Funserver Grandmaster

You can import and export any DBC file to and from SQL with the use of text file bindings, found in the 'Bindings' directory distributed with the program. The spell.dbc is the only one you need to import for the program to work.
    yeah but I mean, Why cant i import my spell.dbc?
    Last edited by runemaster; 11-08-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Innovation & Emulation

Quote Originally Posted by runemaster View Post
    yeah but I mean, Why cant i import my spell.dbc?
    It's already imported. If you want to reimport then truncate the table first.

Funserver Grandmaster

It's already imported. If you want to reimport then truncate the table first.
    Ah yes, thank you.

I was just gonna not add in other languages but then I noticed the tool has a bunch of boxes where you can just translate and make the custom shit viable for other languages. Super useful.

Great work, Harry.

Excellent, i've been using this for some time and all I can say is how amazing of a job you've done.

On another note, does anyone know how to find information about Misc Value A & B in Spell.dbc?
    (ss: https://prnt.sc/qev1qy)
    I know each value is correspondent to a certain Spell Effect and it's constantly changing per effect.
    I've got a few of them figured out, however there are so many.

Example:
    [13]SPELL_AURA_MOD_DAMAGE_DONE + Misc Value A [=126]
    The above combination will increase (spell power [126]) by x amount.
    However if we change the misc value from 126 to ... 3. It will no longer be increasing spell power but instead another stat.

Any information on this helps alot. Thanks

Innovation & Emulation

Quote Originally Posted by Biologicall View Post
    Excellent, i've been using this for some time and all I can say is how amazing of a job you've done.

On another note, does anyone know how to find information about Misc Value A & B in Spell.dbc?
    (ss: https://prnt.sc/qev1qy)
    I know each value is correspondent to a certain Spell Effect and it's constantly changing per effect.
    I've got a few of them figured out, however there are so many.

Example:
    [13]SPELL_AURA_MOD_DAMAGE_DONE + Misc Value A [=126]
    The above combination will increase (spell power [126]) by x amount.
    However if we change the misc value from 126 to ... 3. It will no longer be increasing spell power but instead another stat.

Any information on this helps alot. Thanks
    There's a little bit of documentation here: https://github.com/stoneharry/WoW-Sp...me%20107%26108

If you discover any more information then any more documentation would be great. Maybe eventually we can incorporate this into the editor, but I guess it's not exactly highest priority on the desired feature list.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hi, been trying this program for a while and I have a had 2 issues with it so far.

Trying to look at any version of Serpent Sting in the editor shows me the 'Input String was not in a correct format" error.

In addition, if I connect to the mySQL database with this program, importing the spellcasttime.dbc gives me the "Data truncated for column 'CastingTimePerLevel' at row 10" error, and the program gets stuck in loading that .dbc until i close it by ending the process. This causes an empty spellcasttimes table to appear in my 'world' sql database.

Are any of these errors harmful ? I tried with the dbc files already included in the editor, as well as the dbc files I get by extracting my game. Multiple times. And I still get these 2 errors.