Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Release] My MOP -> WOTLK ADT converter

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    [section]Public repository:[/section]
    https://bitbucket.org/S0SUM3/adt-converter/overview

[subsection]Preview:[/subsection]

Also special thanks to Cromon, Zim and to Mjollna.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and i'm guessing nobody has working MOP wmos in wotlk, so you will need to make following changes to not crash your client..

In ADT_Mop.cpp

Comment out the following in void ADT_Mop::convertDoodadMain():
    Code:
    copyMainChunk(mObjStream, 'MWMO', outHeader.ofsMwmo);
    Code:
    copyMainChunk(mObjStream, 'MWID', outHeader.ofsMwid);
    Code:
    copyMainChunk(mObjStream, 'MODF', outHeader.ofsModf);

Add to last line MCRD case:
    Code:
    refDoodad.clear();

Add to last line MCRW case:
    Code:
    refWmo.clear();
    - - - Updated - - -

You will also have to hex edit your wdt in order for tileset textures to render correctly.

Make following change:

Has Quit Emulation. ^^

Thanks Will, Got a question though. What compiler do I use to make it? I tried using Visual 2010 Express but it didn't work. >.< +Rep!

i use vs 2012 ultimate

Has Quit Emulation. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by S0SUM3 View Post
    i use vs 2012 ultimate
    Thanks for the response. I'll give it a whirl the moment I'm back home and we'll go from there. If I get it working, I'll post some screenies.

will it support 2010 visual?

can someone pls loadup a compiled version with the changes above ??
    I can t compile the source -:-

Has Quit Emulation. ^^

It doesn't seem to work anyways, if you browse over to >Modcraft<, you'll see that just about everyone's post says it doesn't work. Yes it converts the ADT files but to an un-usable format it would seem, but jokingly it does convert them. lol.

I had better luck with Mjollna's >GillijimProject< than I did with this thing. Atleast with that, I was able to get something usable ingame, sure it had no tile textures, m2 coords or anything of the sort, just the world and mountains, but atleast it was something other than an error.

I think S0SUM3/Will is a joke quite honestly(given most of his players on his private server talk so bad about him), If these changes need to be done, why doesn't he just simply put a commit to it to the source? Secondly why does he always post his release as 3 seperate posts? He tried to do it here but ac-web's account level system doesn't allow him to make multiple post threads unless a certain amount of time has passed. View his modcraft release and you'll see 3 posts all within the same time frame.

Then jump over to >Ownedcore Here< and you'll see the same thing(the second/third posts are two weeks after, but I'm guessing that he got tired of waiting and just forgot about it as ownedcore has a similar timing structure between posts as here.)
    Last edited by kronixusa; 05-30-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Repack Developer, In-Game Builder, Lua Scripter, C++ Scripter
    i didnt understood what is this exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by kronixusa View Post
    It doesn't seem to work anyways, if you browse over to >Modcraft<, you'll see that just about everyone's post says it doesn't work. Yes it converts the ADT files but to an un-usable format it would seem, but jokingly it does convert them. lol.

I had better luck with Mjollna's >GillijimProject< than I did with this thing. Atleast with that, I was able to get something usable ingame, sure it had no tile textures, m2 coords or anything of the sort, just the world and mountains, but atleast it was something other than an error.

I think S0SUM3/Will is a joke quite honestly(given most of his players on his private server talk so bad about him), If these changes need to be done, why doesn't he just simply put a commit to it to the source? Secondly why does he always post his release as 3 seperate posts? He tried to do it here but ac-web's account level system doesn't allow him to make multiple post threads unless a certain amount of time has passed. View his modcraft release and you'll see 3 posts all within the same time frame.

Then jump over to >Ownedcore Here< and you'll see the same thing(the second/third posts are two weeks after, but I'm guessing that he got tired of waiting and just forgot about it as ownedcore has a similar timing structure between posts as here.)
    Wrong, this is legit. Try to read WoWDev Wiki in order to check where is the error coming from if you face one. Btw, you should check if your adt are good ( and if it's not binary diff files from WoW Update. ) Also, it's open source, so just read these and try to understand where the problem come from.

Anyway, I doubt anyone can use it without a minimum of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthog View Post
    Wrong, this is legit. Try to read WoWDev Wiki in order to check where is the error coming from if you face one. Btw, you should check if your adt are good ( and if it's not binary diff files from WoW Update. ) Also, it's open source, so just read these and try to understand where the problem come from.

Anyway, I doubt anyone can use it without a minimum of knowledge.
    Actually Kronix is 100% right. No one has yet to get this converter to work. It just makes a bunch of useless, broken ADTs. I have tried it both with the edits, without them, and even with my own edits. Still not had a single working ADT be created by this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracbane View Post
    Actually Kronix is 100% right. No one has yet to get this converter to work. It just makes a bunch of useless, broken ADTs. I have tried it both with the edits, without them, and even with my own edits. Still not had a single working ADT be created by this program.
    Do you even understand the structure of adts? Can you even understand cpp? ....

As for Kronix:
    Same questions. Moreover, this release is not appropriate for noobs and that is 100% intentional on my part so idiotic, ignorant flamers like yourself do not benefit from my work..

If you have reasonable knowledge you can get this convertor working. I have not claimed it is perfect at any point; it is definitely buggy, but can work fine with some clever fiddling. It is open source and you are welcome to edit and get it working as you please if you are capable. Clearly, unfortunately, many of you are not. Flaming me for for your incapability just makes you look like a complete idiot. People like you discourage people like me and many others to release work ever again. You are what i call the cancer of open source and the modding community. Perhaps try being a toilet cleaner or something more benefiting than trying to understand my source?

Hi Garthog

As for Kronix:
    Same questions. Moreover, this release is not appropriate for noobs and that is 100% intentional on my part so idiotic, ignorant flamers like yourself do not benefit from my work..

If you have reasonable knowledge you can get this convertor working. I have not claimed it is perfect at any point; it is definitely buggy, but can work fine with some clever fiddling. It is open source and you are welcome to edit and get it working as you please if you are capable. Clearly, unfortunately, many of you are not. Flaming me for for your incapability just makes you look like a complete idiot. People like you discourage people like me and many others to release work ever again. You are what i call the cancer of open source and the modding community. Perhaps try being a toilet cleaner or something more benefiting than trying to understand my source?

Hi Garthog
    Kronix is not a flamer xD

As for Kronix:

Hi Garthog
    You are the noob lol here is the original converter you ripped from modcraft http://modcraft.superparanoid.de/vie...hp?f=59&t=4339

Has Quit Emulation. ^^

As for Kronix:

If that's the case, then you should have stated that at the beginning of your main post instead of your false updates. I mean really.... It would save a lot of us "N00bs" time from trying to use your non-working "Release".

Simply stating what you have here in all of your posts through out the boards you've posted on:
    "this release is not appropriate for noobs and that is 100% intentional on my part."

And LOLOLOL.. I got some Rep from "Flaming" you.. LOL.
    Last edited by kronixusa; 06-08-2013 at 01:47 PM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by kronixusa View Post
    If that's the case, then you should have stated that at the beginning of your main post instead of your false updates. I mean really.... It would save a lot of us "N00bs" time from trying to use your non-working "Release".

Simply stating what you have here in all of your posts through out the boards you've posted on:
    "this release is not appropriate for noobs and that is 100% intentional on my part."

And LOLOLOL.. I got some Rep from "Flaming" you.. LOL.
    ^This. If it is still buggy and needs 'fiddled' with, say so. You gave the impression that it worked with a few simple edits for WMOs and textures....getting angry at us for reporting back that it doesn't work is just failure on your part for not stating it didn't really work as released :\

Also, just so you know...majored in computer science....so yeah....I understand them just fine New to 'converting' them....but not really the point here...
    Last edited by Dracbane; 06-09-2013 at 04:54 AM.