Welcome to AC Web.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 117
  1. #31
    Innovation & Emulation

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,812

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Difer View Post
    Ah, alright.

    where exatly do you change that?

    PATCH_INFO* patch = NULL; ?
    AuthCodes.h

    Code:
    #define POST_BC_ACCEPTED_CLIENT_BUILD            {12340, 11723, 11403, 11159, 10571, 10505, 10146, 9947, 8606, 0}
    #define PRE_BC_ACCEPTED_CLIENT_BUILD             {5875, 6005, 0}
    12340 = 3.3.5a

  2. #32
    Im Difer. 2006 - 2014.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    | Denmark | Windows, Database, Programming, Server & Virtualization Technology.
    Posts
    5,510
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    AuthCodes.h

    Code:
    #define POST_BC_ACCEPTED_CLIENT_BUILD            {12340, 11723, 11403, 11159, 10571, 10505, 10146, 9947, 8606, 0}
    #define PRE_BC_ACCEPTED_CLIENT_BUILD             {5875, 6005, 0}
    12340 = 3.3.5a
    So what I do? Remove all of the accpeted_client_build, and make a custom one?

    like 12341

  3. #33
    Code:
    #define POST_BC_ACCEPTED_CLIENT_BUILD            {12341, 12340, 11723, 11403, 11159, 10571, 10505, 10146, 9947, 8606, 0}

  4. #34
    Innovation & Emulation

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Difer View Post
    So what I do? Remove all of the accpeted_client_build, and make a custom one?

    like 12341
    That would make it so that only patch 12341 can connect.

    When 12340 tries to connect -> it is under that value -> search through patches till one for that version is found -> send or error.

  5. #35
    Im Difer. 2006 - 2014.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    | Denmark | Windows, Database, Programming, Server & Virtualization Technology.
    Posts
    5,510
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    That would make it so that only patch 12341 can connect.

    When 12340 tries to connect -> it is under that value -> search through patches till one for that version is found -> send or error.
    So, what I do is make it so only 12341 can connect, make a patch called 12341enUS.mpq / 12341enGB.mpq

    the server send the packet, and done?

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik View Post
    Code:
    #define POST_BC_ACCEPTED_CLIENT_BUILD            {12341, 12340, 11723, 11403, 11159, 10571, 10505, 10146, 9947, 8606, 0}
    this works if theres a 12341 patch?

  7. #37
    Innovation & Emulation

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,812
    The amount of facepalm in these replies is resulting in facewall.

    I'm pretty sure the guide explains the concept of the system as well as the code.

    You will need to make it so that 12340 is no longer an allowed build. You will need to make the patch.mpq 12340enGB or w/e trinitycore's patch format is, so that when a client of 12340 (3.3.5a) connects and it is the wrong build, it will look for a patch matching that client version.

  8. #38

  9. #39
    Im Difer. 2006 - 2014.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    | Denmark | Windows, Database, Programming, Server & Virtualization Technology.
    Posts
    5,510
    Just for the sake of faceplam.

    Is the patch file required to have a certain name? and is the patch a custom made patch, or a modifyed patch in which I put my own custom settings in?

  10. #40
    Innovation & Emulation

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik View Post
    Then yes...
    What you posted will not work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Difer View Post
    Just for the sake of faceplam.

    Is the patch file required to have a certain name? and is the patch a custom made patch, or a modifyed patch in which I put my own custom settings in?
    It must follow the naming rules set by the code (which can be customised).

    The patch contains a list of instructions that are carried out once the download is complete. This may be to move some files, run a executable file in the MPQ, etc. Blizzard runs a executable that installs the patch. This is explained right at the beginning of the guide.

  11. #41
    Last edited by Tik; 05-27-2012 at 08:01 PM.

  12. #42
    Im Difer. 2006 - 2014.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    | Denmark | Windows, Database, Programming, Server & Virtualization Technology.
    Posts
    5,510
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    The patch contains a list of instructions that are carried out once the download is complete. This may be to move some files, run a executable file in the MPQ, etc. Blizzard runs a executable that installs the patch. This is explained right at the beginning of the guide.
    Do I have to apply this instructions in the patch? or ?

    Facepalm incomming xD

  13. #43
    Code:
    #define POST_BC_ACCEPTED_CLIENT_BUILD            {11723, 11403, 11159, 10571, 10505, 10146, 9947, 8606, 0}
    What about this?

  14. #44
    Innovation & Emulation

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Difer View Post
    Do I have to apply this instructions in the patch? or ?

    Facepalm incomming xD
    Read the guide again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik View Post
    Code:
    #define POST_BC_ACCEPTED_CLIENT_BUILD            {11723, 11403, 11159, 10571, 10505, 10146, 9947, 8606, 0}
    What about this?
    Use this:

    Code:
    #define POST_BC_ACCEPTED_CLIENT_BUILD            {12345}
    That way when 3.3.5a tries to connect (12340) it will see that it is too low a version and that there is a higher version available. So it will look for a patch to send to a build of 12340.

  15. #45
    Im Difer. 2006 - 2014.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    | Denmark | Windows, Database, Programming, Server & Virtualization Technology.
    Posts
    5,510

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Might aswell ask someone for help when i'm about to release my project

    - I just don't fully get this, which is somehow embarrassing

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •