Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Innovation & Emulation

Sending Patches To The Client Through The WoW Application

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.

With Schlumpf's guidance I was able to successfully implement a way to send custom patches to the client through WoW rather than a custom launcher.

The implications for this are quite clear. It allows one to:

• Require the latest patch to login.
    • Send incremental patches.
    • Send any data.

I wrote up a guide to do this which Schlumpf has heavily edited to create a, hopefully, useful publication.

The link to this can be found here: PDF Link
    ~Harry & Schlumpf

Edit: 21/06/2014:

You will have to edit the binary to allow unsigned patches: http://modcraft.superparanoid.de/vie...hp?f=59&t=1829

This is my code changes for a more recent TrinityCore version in order to get patching to work: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-Trinity.patch

You can send a Blizzard Installer or a Blizzard Downloader that downloads a Blizzard Installer to install your custom patch data. See:

https://github.com/stoneharry/Blizzard-Updater
    https://github.com/stoneharry/Blizzard-Downloader
    Last edited by stoneharry; 02-25-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Very well made Stoneharry, reading it right now,

- Thurok.

Great work, Harry.

Amazing work, +rep, this is awesome.

Holy shit, thats a lot of work.... A+ for tutorial in pdf

Great stuff right here , this is the stuff people should be rewarded rep for.

Innovation & Emulation

bump

Master

Been making Repacks For Nearly 4 Years Now :)
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
    Could change servers that need patches for ever

fuck i love you for this! +rep

So what do i do with the SFileAuthenicateArchiveEx.cpp and others? Im using trinity but i dont get what to do lol. Do i have to replace the main.cpp in the authserver or something?

Im Difer. 2006 - 2014.

| Denmark | Windows, Database, Programming, Server & Virtualization Technology.
    Perfect !

edit: un-sure how to fully install this, you have a guide or something which is a little more straight foward?
    Last edited by Difer; 05-25-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Student Game Development

I thought I already replied. Anyways, great job. The options this sets open are obviously underrated as this is getting way less attention then it should

Quote Originally Posted by Difer View Post
    Perfect !

edit: un-sure how to fully install this, you have a guide or something which is a little more straight foward?
    I think you've got this "C++" thingy in your location?

Im Difer. 2006 - 2014.

| Denmark | Windows, Database, Programming, Server & Virtualization Technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by marijnz View Post
    I think you've got this "C++" thingy in your location?
    Sure I do, but there is diffident levels of C++ knowledge, and some areas you know better than others.

Besides, I already lookt in the source and it's not completly strange to me, but a fast, do this, and place files in this folder wouldn't hurt.

If I was a master in C++ I wouldn't be here, then I would be somewhere making some hardcore programs, etc

i'm still learning day by day, but I feel confident enough in my knowlegde to say that I know and understand C++

If the deveolpment of my server gets completed, and released you wouldn't doubt that I know C++ and the structure of Trinitycore pretty well, but that still doesn't mean that I know everything, and this thing is a little diffident from what I normally do in trinitycore.

To point it out - I self-learned C++ only for the purpose of scripting in TrinityCore, which leaves me in a poor siutation if I were to make a core, make programs etc.

besides, if I don't fully know how to install this beast, then i'm sure the average members of ac-web don't know it either.

*drops the microphone*
    Last edited by Difer; 05-25-2012 at 08:33 AM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    You have to start from basics because learning from trinitycore won't teach you anything (will teach you trinitycore functions.... C++ not much).