Welcome to AC Web.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
  1. #31


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    guiltyfate.com
    Posts
    412

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    good guide but dont know how to create custom patches *sigh

  2. #32
    Please update this I'm making it into an mpq/patch I put it in my data folder launch and same normal login screen pops up not the custom one I just made???

  3. #33
    I'm sorry if this is a necro.
    But I can't seem to get the music to work. I have converted the song to a .wav file and then renamed it to LoginScreen.wav and then I put it under Interface\LoginMusic. I did also edit the vx_vars_init.lua with the correct time.
    Code:
    function PlayLoginMusic()
    	if VX_ONMUSIC then return; end
    	StopGlueMusic();
    
    	VX_MUSICTIMER = GetTime() + 211;
    	VX_ONMUSIC = true;
    	PlayMusic("Interface\LoginMusic\LoginScreen.wav");
    end
    Does anyone know what I have done wrong or have I missed something?

    Thanks in advance!

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Simping View Post
    I'm sorry if this is a necro.
    But I can't seem to get the music to work. I have converted the song to a .wav file and then renamed it to LoginScreen.wav and then I put it under Interface\LoginMusic. I did also edit the vx_vars_init.lua with the correct time.
    Code:
    function PlayLoginMusic()
    	if VX_ONMUSIC then return; end
    	StopGlueMusic();
    
    	VX_MUSICTIMER = GetTime() + 211;
    	VX_ONMUSIC = true;
    	PlayMusic("Interface\LoginMusic\LoginScreen.wav");
    end
    Does anyone know what I have done wrong or have I missed something?

    Thanks in advance!
    Nvm, I fixed it now! ^^
    There has to be two slashes instead of one like I had.
    Like this: ("Interface\\LoginMusic\\LoginScreen.wav");

  5. #35


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Temple of Heroes "Project ToH"
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Megakidd View Post
    I've seen this question asked around a lot so I thought I would make it as simple as possible for people. I'm not going to explain how to pack the MPQ after you've got it all set up, but I will provide Mpqediten anyway.

    Before we get started you're going to want to have an image editing program.

    (i.e. Paint.net)

    http://http://www.getpaint.net/

    and, you're also going to need this rar file:

    http://www.mediafire.com/?ryvv5vqi2dhakq7

    Scans:
    Vitustotal
    Jotti

    Step 1. Extracting the Archive.

    Once you have the Rar file downloaded you're going to want to extract it using WinRaR or any other zip/rar archive extracting program.

    WinRaR

    Step 2. Editing the background image.

    Once you have everything install and the rar archive extracted it's time to get started on editing the background image.

    You're going to want to open the archive folder from where you extracted it and go to

    \Interface\LoginScreen

    Once you get to this part you should see an image named Background.png

    open it with your image editor and change what you want.

    NOTE: Only edit on the white part.

    Step 3. Converting the image to .blp

    Once you have your image edited to the way you like it you're going to want to save it back to

    \Interface\LoginScreen

    and replace the old Background.png

    once you've made it this far you're actually almost done.

    Open up the main directory of the extracted archive again and find "BLPConverter.exe"

    Copy that and paste it into the folder where the background.png is.

    Once you've done that you should have a Background.blp file and you're all set. You just have to make a patch and put it into your WoW folder.

    Editing the Login Music

    If you're getting bored of the old WoW music and want to edit your own you can follow this part of the guide but it's not necessary.

    Step 1. Getting the right music source.

    Once you've got your song picked out you are going to want to make sure it's in .wav format.

    You can convert .mp3's to .wav's using any converter or open it up in a video software like Sony Vegas and re-render it as a .wav

    Step 2. Getting the length of the music

    After you have your song converted to a .wav format we are going to need the duration of the song in seconds.

    the easiest way to find out the length of the song is by doing the following:

    Right Click > Properties > Details

    Under the "Media" portion you should see (Length xx:xx:xx)

    Step 3. Converting the length to seconds.

    Once you find the length we are going to need the duration in seconds like stated previously. The easiest way to do that is by doing this:

    aa:bb:cc

    aa = Hours
    bb = Minutes
    cc = Seconds

    for example:

    My song was 1:52

    So 1 min = 60 seconds + 52.

    The total length of my song in seconds would be 112.

    Copy down your length because we are going to need it later.

    Step 4. Renaming the file and placing it in the correct location.

    Once you have your song duration figured out you are going to want to rename your song to "LoginScreen.wav"

    After you've done that you're also going to want to place it into the LoginMusic folder in your extracted archive folder.

    \Interface\LoginMusic

    Step 5. Setting the song duration for the client to load.

    After you've got everything placed in the right folder's you're going to want to copy the song duration in seconds that you wrote down before.

    Once you've got that done you're going to want to open the file called vx_vars_init.lua

    Open it up with any text editor, in my case i'm using Notepad++.

    Now that we have that file open we are going to want to fine the line that says this:

    Code:
    	VX_MUSICTIMER = GetTime() + EDITINSECONDSHERE;
    Once you've found that you are going to want to replace

    Code:
    EDITINSECONDSHERE
    with your song duration in seconds.

    For example, my song duration was 112 seconds. So it should look something like this:

    Code:
    	VX_MUSICTIMER = GetTime() + 112;
    After you have that replaced you're going to want to save the vx_vars_init.lua and you're pretty much done. Just like before put all of it into a patch and add it to your WoW folder.

    ---
    If you have any questions or problems with this feel free to comment bellow and i'll try to help you to my best extent.
    ---

    This is my first tutorial here on ac-web so if you find anything wrong with it please let me know and i'll try my best to fix it.

    ----
    Thanks to Mordred on ModCraft for helping me figure this out. and for the packaging of the files.
    Great Guide i Applaud you : ) +rep

  6. #36


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    spoilt home of six
    Posts
    200
    Not going to show how to make the custom patch tho? :/

  7. #37


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Starting my PS again!
    Posts
    308
    Putting the backround.blp file in MQL doesn't work.

  8. #38

    uhm?

    Quote Originally Posted by Megakidd View Post
    I've seen this question asked around a lot so I thought I would make it as simple as possible for people. I'm not going to explain how to pack the MPQ after you've got it all set up, but I will provide Mpqediten anyway.

    Before we get started you're going to want to have an image editing program.

    (i.e. Paint.net)

    http://http://www.getpaint.net/

    and, you're also going to need this rar file:

    http://www.mediafire.com/?ryvv5vqi2dhakq7

    Scans:
    Vitustotal
    Jotti

    Step 1. Extracting the Archive.

    Once you have the Rar file downloaded you're going to want to extract it using WinRaR or any other zip/rar archive extracting program.

    WinRaR

    Step 2. Editing the background image.

    Once you have everything install and the rar archive extracted it's time to get started on editing the background image.

    You're going to want to open the archive folder from where you extracted it and go to

    \Interface\LoginScreen

    Once you get to this part you should see an image named Background.png

    open it with your image editor and change what you want.

    NOTE: Only edit on the white part.

    Step 3. Converting the image to .blp

    Once you have your image edited to the way you like it you're going to want to save it back to

    \Interface\LoginScreen

    and replace the old Background.png

    once you've made it this far you're actually almost done.

    Open up the main directory of the extracted archive again and find "BLPConverter.exe"

    Copy that and paste it into the folder where the background.png is.

    Once you've done that you should have a Background.blp file and you're all set. You just have to make a patch and put it into your WoW folder.

    Editing the Login Music

    If you're getting bored of the old WoW music and want to edit your own you can follow this part of the guide but it's not necessary.

    Step 1. Getting the right music source.

    Once you've got your song picked out you are going to want to make sure it's in .wav format.

    You can convert .mp3's to .wav's using any converter or open it up in a video software like Sony Vegas and re-render it as a .wav

    Step 2. Getting the length of the music

    After you have your song converted to a .wav format we are going to need the duration of the song in seconds.

    the easiest way to find out the length of the song is by doing the following:

    Right Click > Properties > Details

    Under the "Media" portion you should see (Length xx:xx:xx)

    Step 3. Converting the length to seconds.

    Once you find the length we are going to need the duration in seconds like stated previously. The easiest way to do that is by doing this:

    aa:bb:cc

    aa = Hours
    bb = Minutes
    cc = Seconds

    for example:

    My song was 1:52

    So 1 min = 60 seconds + 52.

    The total length of my song in seconds would be 112.

    Copy down your length because we are going to need it later.

    Step 4. Renaming the file and placing it in the correct location.

    Once you have your song duration figured out you are going to want to rename your song to "LoginScreen.wav"

    After you've done that you're also going to want to place it into the LoginMusic folder in your extracted archive folder.

    \Interface\LoginMusic

    Step 5. Setting the song duration for the client to load.

    After you've got everything placed in the right folder's you're going to want to copy the song duration in seconds that you wrote down before.

    Once you've got that done you're going to want to open the file called vx_vars_init.lua

    Open it up with any text editor, in my case i'm using Notepad++.

    Now that we have that file open we are going to want to fine the line that says this:

    Code:
    	VX_MUSICTIMER = GetTime() + EDITINSECONDSHERE;
    Once you've found that you are going to want to replace

    Code:
    EDITINSECONDSHERE
    with your song duration in seconds.

    For example, my song duration was 112 seconds. So it should look something like this:

    Code:
    	VX_MUSICTIMER = GetTime() + 112;
    After you have that replaced you're going to want to save the vx_vars_init.lua and you're pretty much done. Just like before put all of it into a patch and add it to your WoW folder.

    ---
    If you have any questions or problems with this feel free to comment bellow and i'll try to help you to my best extent.
    ---

    This is my first tutorial here on ac-web so if you find anything wrong with it please let me know and i'll try my best to fix it.

    ----
    Thanks to Mordred on ModCraft for helping me figure this out. and for the packaging of the files.
    when my mouse is over a button it turns green *the button turns green* why?

  9. #39
    Where do I "patch" it at? What folder?

  10. #40
    How to put it in a patch ?

  11. #41
    Nothing in this is helpful. You showed us part of this. This isn't going to get anyone anywhere. This isn't a guide. Just a helping tool for people who already know how to actually make custom patches. And you're obviously not helping anyone with this problem..... Want to add a follow-up??

  12. #42


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sunstrider.org
    Posts
    270
    bad tutorial idk how to make MPQ add tutorial for this

  13. #43
    "Your Login Interface files are corrupt.please re-install the game." Any Help?

    --------

    Btw to create a .MPQ archive,you just startup mpqeditor,"Create New MPQ Archive",select the LOginscreenTuT-Megakidd in build from directory,then,open expand interface file in mpq editor,delete mpqeditor.exe and background.png and blpconverter.exe and bam your done.

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by redeyes699 View Post
    bad tutorial idk how to make MPQ add tutorial for this
    Old Thread

  15. #45

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medication View Post
    I've got a problem... .-.
    when i save the screen into an MPQ, it tells me glueXML.toc is corrupt or some shit.
    You have to make a new .MPQ file in order to do this. Not editing an existing one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by =┤Samibotss├= View Post
    "Your Login Interface files are corrupt.please re-install the game." Any Help?

    --------

    Btw to create a .MPQ archive,you just startup mpqeditor,"Create New MPQ Archive",select the LOginscreenTuT-Megakidd in build from directory,then,open expand interface file in mpq editor,delete mpqeditor.exe and background.png and blpconverter.exe and bam your done.
    Check your code

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •