Welcome to AC Web.

How to make TrinityCore server Public + Local

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Seeing as people still wander around asking how to do this, I decided to make this guide more detailed and less confusing...

This guide will thoroughly explain how to setup your own TrinityCore server (tested with JZY's and Jeutie's repacks) and make it accessible publicly and locally (from host PC and LAN).

Contrary to the popular belief, you do NOT need to edit Hosts file nor touch anything in authserver.conf/worldserver.conf

I will assume you got all the necessary files to start your server, so let's skip to network settings.

First you will want to make sure the PC you will host the server from has static local IP, e.g.:

IP address - desired local IP address of your PC
    Subnet mask - leave the default value
    Default gateway, Preferred DNS server - your router's IP address

Note that addresses may vary, this is just an example how it looks like for me

Next, you will have to open ports in your router; the process of doing that differs from model to model, but the basic concept is the same. Here's my example:

Not all of those ports are necessary, but it does no harm to have them opened.

If you're using firewall of any kind, make sure you open said ports there aswell

Last and most important part is to get some free dynamic DNS account and update client (personally I prefer No-IP), set that up and running and then, using some MySQL client (e.g. HeidiSQL; user: root, pass: ascent) go to auth\realmlist, switch to data view and edit the fields as follows:

Realm #1 that has your dynamic DNS assigned (e.g. ****.no-ip.org), will be the realm accessed by public clients
    Realm #2 is the one you have to add by inserting a new row and entering info as shown on screenshot (the local static IP of the host PC from the first step)

You might ask, why 2 realms? It's just different gateways to the same world, don't worry, you will be able to play from within LAN with people connecting via public realm (Realm #1)

Needless to say, realmlist.wtf (\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\realmlist.wtf) should be set accordingly, for public access it's gonna be the address from Realm #1 and for local access (host + LAN) it's gonna be the address from Realm #2; just choose proper realm when you're logging in, not that you can pick wrong one anyways since it won't let you in

So to recap here's a TL;DR version:
    1) Set static local IP for host PC
    2) Open ports in router/firewall
    3) Get dynamicDNS service of some kind and don't forget to have it's updater client running at all times
    4) Set both realms in server's database realmlist
    5) Use proper addresses in client's realmlist.wtf
    Last edited by debil; 02-05-2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Making the guide more detailed and less confusing

weird like that

Perfect. Finally a guide that does not tell you to edit hosts file. And it is your fist post
    +rep

Btw. MaNGOS does it the same way.
    Not all those ports are needed.
    Opening ports is only needed if ppl are going to connect externally (external IP or domain address)
    Only the ports found in your configs are required (2 ports)
    The other one is the authserverport (3724 by default), which lets ppl to connect to choose the realm.
    The other one is the worldserverport (8085 by default), which lets ppl play on the server.

Ofcourse you need to open additional ports for other things like a website, mysql connection for other people (DB dev?) etc.
    But do not do that if there is no need for such.
    (website: 80, mysql: 3306, by default.)
    And ofcourse if you need remote access (RA) or SOAP. You can find those ports on your configs.

Please correct me if something went wrong :3

Pretty cool!

_ikester_

This will probably be relly helpfull to alot of people

Pretty good,

+rep
    Last edited by Leeche; 02-02-2013 at 02:48 PM.

This is probably the worst English I have ever seen.

You can also assign a B or C class network to your computer, the IP addres given by the author can variate : 192.168.1.X, the X being a random number. By doing this you sort of set-up a local network.

hey guys
    can you guide me completly?
    plz tell me all ip numbers
    and tell me what do i to do?
    thx

Trying to get my roommate to connect through LAN, I went through all of this and he keeps getting stuck at authenticating. I've tried a number of different methods until I came across this one and its gotten me the farthest so +rep! I'm using a Trinity build - ghostcrawler's remake to be exact. Followed this guide until it came to making it public (dns, port forwarding, and so on).

Any ideas?
    Cybrson

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    nice tutorial! thanks