Welcome to AC Web.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Gentleman Bastard

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kythas View Post
    I loved the old talent system. Wrath of the Lich King, particularly. It gave you the most choice and customization in which everyone could choose what they wanted and still perform decent - great. Now, it just seems like on retail, elitistjerks or wowpopular is mainstream for where everyone is learning how to build their character. That's what the whole talent system is about: customizing. (I'm a hunter, so I'm gonna speak from our perspective The new system is terrible, imo. Hunters are stuck with the most unuseful and barely thought-out-of selections. If you don't believe me, I dare you to go on WoWhead sometime :/ Severely dissappointed.

I totally contribute to the idea that WoW should have different realm/logon expansions like private servers do. That's what would definitely raise their declining player amount. Even IF no content is released in one expansion, I'm sure it would keep a lot of players busy. And for the people like me who joined late BC, and never got a taste of Classic/BC raiding, it would be nice to revisit that on a practically, without players with 50x the health of the mobs themselves, or 2 manning an original 40 man raid.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the old system as well (Vanilla through WotLK) and I find that the current one is just.. wrong somehow. I think it's because, as you mentioned, that the talent system now is pretty straight forward, instead of fully customizable as it were "back in the old days".

Of course, this new system is more ease of use for beginners or people who doesn't care for customizing. What I think would be pretty cool though, is that if they could offer you a choice ingame that allowed you to pick different ways to utilize the talent system.

1. The old way, with balancing towards the other options.
    2. The current way, locking you into one talent tree at the time. Also balanced against the other options.
    3. The upcoming way, with balancing, of course.

It'd probably be quite difficult to pull off, but it would create more options for all the players, giving the players that want to customize the option to do so, while the beginner and/or dont-care players can just pick a talent-tree and not think about it.

It's just an idea though

amg hate blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by metallian View Post
    The Lich King is dead, long live the King!!!

Offtopic...No, there must always be a Lich King...But back to the main thing, has Blizzard even said who the main enemy of this X-pack will be? Classic: Kel'Thuzad(?).....TBC: Illidan.......WotLK: The Lich King..... Cata: Deathwing.... MoP: ?????. I bet Illidan will be back. "The Black Temple was merely a setback."

Quote Originally Posted by angrycow View Post
    Level 90 = Fail
    Pandas = Fail
    Talent system = Fail
    Mists of pandaria = Fail

That's just my opinion.
    1. they increased the level cap by 5 in Cata yet you still play.. what's so wrong with doing it by 5 again? I'd rather be 90 than 95.

2. Pandas are part of the original Warcraft lore.. deal with it.

3. OMG QQ I CAN'T PICK THEY ALL SUCK - Dude, chill. I don't see why people don't like it? They're making it more appealing than just adding a 5% crit talent or some crap that no one wants to take the time to read.. They made a good choice in doing this. Fury warrior with bladestorm? /orgasm

4. If you don't like it, don't play the game. Simple as that. Everyone's bitching because they're introducing new ideas (good for publicity, sales, and new customers btw) and changing the game. Guess what.. they do that EVERY expansion. People always cry about them changing it because they like how the game is at that time, and yet most continue to play and even like the game better after the expansion has been out for a few months.

Just saying. Have a nice day. (:

I ended my subscription with this panda stuff.

My words are maybe a bit strong, but after 20 years of rpg playing (started with D&D long time ago), I do not see place for kung-fu panda in such heroic-fantasy environment...

Not the end

Finally a class that all the little 10 year olds will play now we know to not let pandas in our raid groups.

nub talent system...

Always loved pandas, Now do the barrel roll

Personally, i'm really looking foward to it. I think it will be an improvement.

OK, clearly one of the developers has watched "Kung Fu Panda" one time too many. Or maybe one of the developers' kids stole their laptop and refused to give it back unless they promised to put Po in the game? Personally, I'd rather see them go to Bethesda and license the Khajit and Argonian races. Yes, I realize the damn Pandarens were in Warcraft III, but the fact that the race is being released simultaneously with the Monk class? I'm sticking to my theory. One of their kids must be blackmailing them.

Plus, it's going to be odd having one race with the ability to choose sides and ten others maintaining 100% faction solidarity. It's already somewhat of an immersion killer not having humanity on both sides of the conflict. I mean, come on, all of humanity taking the same side? That NEVER happens in ANY setting. The existence of neutral factions helps, but there should be some humans that are genuinely on our side as well. The Alliance has a 100% approval rating with that evil tyrant on the throne? No need to even get into how many enemies Hellscream's made, especially among the Trolls, and yet he still manages 100% loyalty as well? He's still the lesser evil by far, but, some prefer the greater evil. What they need to do is introduce a defection quest. Sure, they've already implemented faction change, but this would allow you to keep your race (and break down that solidarity among the other races to make the Pandaren ability to choose sides fit in better with the rest of the game world). Many people who have changed faction have said that it ruined their original concept for the character. I get that -- I have a couple of characters that the name just would not fit if they were any other race in the game. Being able to play a Worgen character would be nice as well. Because I just can't do that with them on the Alliance (not even on a PvE server). Try as I might, I just can't like (or even tolerate) anything the Alliance is about.
    Last edited by Raistlin77; 02-17-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Thumbs up

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin77 View Post
    OK, clearly one of the developers has watched "Kung Fu Panda" one time too many. Or maybe one of the developers' kids stole their laptop and refused to give it back unless they promised to put Po in the game? Personally, I'd rather see them go to Bethesda and license the Khajit and Argonian races. Yes, I realize the damn Pandarens were in Warcraft III, but the fact that the race is being released simultaneously with the Monk class? I'm sticking to my theory. One of their kids must be blackmailing them.

Plus, it's going to be odd having one race with the ability to choose sides and ten others maintaining 100% faction solidarity. It's already somewhat of an immersion killer not having humanity on both sides of the conflict. I mean, come on, all of humanity taking the same side? That NEVER happens in ANY setting. The existence of neutral factions helps, but there should be some humans that are genuinely on our side as well. The Alliance has a 100% approval rating with that evil tyrant on the throne? No need to even get into how many enemies Hellscream's made, especially among the Trolls, and yet he still manages 100% loyalty as well? He's still the lesser evil by far, but, some prefer the greater evil. What they need to do is introduce a defection quest. Sure, they've already implemented faction change, but this would allow you to keep your race (and break down that solidarity among the other races to make the Pandaren ability to choose sides fit in better with the rest of the game world). Many people who have changed faction have said that it ruined their original concept for the character. I get that -- I have a couple of characters that the name just would not fit if they were any other race in the game. Being able to play a Worgen character would be nice as well. Because I just can't do that with them on the Alliance (not even on a PvE server). Try as I might, I just can't like (or even tolerate) anything the Alliance is about.

Feels good to see i`m not alone out here with my opinion