Welcome to AC Web.

How do I add accounts to Trinity Core?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello I'm currently running a Private Server under the Nevermore repack (4.0.3) and I'm not clear on how to add accounts to this I've looked at various tuts, and youtube videos which tell me to go into HeidiSQL so I do that.. then find a file called login and then click on accounts which I have neither of those files so I was wondering if somebody could give me an update tut on how to add accounts to a Trinity Core Private server.

thanks

Get a website or you need to do it ingame

* Create a new account:
    - in the world console type - .account create username password
    * Change a password:
    - in the world console type - .account set password username oldpass newpass
    * Change permissions:
    - in the world console type - .account set gmlevel username rank realmid
    * delete an account:
    - in the world console type - .account delete username

In Trinity, your login database is under "auth>account," but you can't put accounts directly into the database. You will have to install a registration page, create them in the console, or do as the above user said.

Rumors say I'm fiery

Yes indeed you can't do it straight into the DB since the password uses hash encryption.

And I don't want to sound harsh, but if you use a repack and have to watch videos in order to create accounts I think you should get some more knowledge beneath your skin before trying to create your own server.

Quote Originally Posted by ythan View Post
    Yes indeed you can't do it straight into the DB since the password uses hash encryption.

And I don't want to sound harsh, but if you use a repack and have to watch videos in order to create accounts I think you should get some more knowledge beneath your skin before trying to create your own server.
    Hash it yourself

Rumors say I'm fiery

Sigh, yes that's possible yet it's a mess. Just get the darn commands working ingame in order to create an account

I piss excellence

Quote Originally Posted by hqtitan View Post
    In Trinity, your login database is under "auth>account," but you can't put accounts directly into the database. You will have to install a registration page, create them in the console, or do as the above user said.
    You can add it to the DB if you are capable of reading and understanding SQL queries.

Quote Originally Posted by ythan View Post

Yes, you can. SQL queries have functions. SHA1 is one of them.

For both of you, reading wikis are necessary:
    http://www.trinitycore.org/w/DB:Auth:account

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I think it uses MD5 hash? if so you can just use : http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php

but you need to put some code in the begging. i forgot what it was.

Edit : Sorry for the bump :\
    Last edited by undefinedz; 01-15-2012 at 04:54 PM.