PDA

View Full Version : [Mangos] [RELEASE] A different kind of repack (2.4.3)

LordPsyan
10-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Updated: January 16th 2013

Introducing the easiest way to get a 2.4.3 blizzlike server online! (4.0.6a and 4.3.4 coming soon!)

Looking for the 3.3.5a Blizzlike repack? Click here (http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?173343-Release-A-Different-Kind-of-Repack-(3-3-5a))

Realms of Warcraft is a realmlist. We list many realms in a single place. Now you can be a part of it!

With this repack, you do not have to configure the logon server side of it. This is already done for you. You get connected to Realms of Warcraft's realm list. Why would we do this? Simple. The more servers on a single realmlist, the more people want to play. You get this awesome blizzlike realm, plus it comes with thousands of accounts ready to connect.

Voting is made easy as well. You don't have to sign up for any top sites, since everyone connected to Realms of Warcraft votes for Realms of Warcraft. Imagine, instead of 1 server trying to get a bunch of votes for their realm, you get a bunch of servers all voting for 1 place! This means more votes, higher ranking, and more new players!

Grab the file below. This is for a 2.4.3 The Burning Crusades Repack. Here is what it contains:

Precompiled core.
Web server (Apache) and MySQL Server.
Admin panel for Apache and MySQL.
Restarter for realm. Not a normal restarter. has many extras like character deletion, account creation, broadcast messages to world, CPU usage, hide console window, and more!
Full website. Unlike most repacks that only have a registration page, this one is a full CMS with news, realm status, registration and accounting features, Admin Control Panel, Voting Gateway, and more!

So grab the files now:

Repack does not include dbc maps or vmaps, but has extractors to get your own made (faster than downloading anyways). If you don't want to do that, then use the link at the bottom to download them separately.

Downloads:

Repack (66MB) - Filebeam (http://fbe.am/go7) Updated: 2013_01_16
Repack (66MB) - Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/?v3c9cs33d1ugaau) Updated: 2013_01_16
dbc maps and vmaps (239MB) - depositfiles (http://depositfiles.com/files/t4e0kbbfr)
2.4.3 client full - Torrent (http://www.realmsofwarcraft.com/downloads/Clients/World_of_Warcraft_2.4.3_Easy_Installer.torrent) Updated: 2013_01_14

Screen shots:

Apache and MySQL Admin Panel:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6008/9cab6edcd767471e840a227.png

Realm restarter:
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4376/23c00ca18c1a47869373326.png

*** Remember: Always run as administrator. Windows 7 and 8 are stupid with their security, and nothing seems to work unless you do this. Heck, can hardly run notepad.exe without windows getting suspicious.

One last note: Once you are done setting everything up, and verifying it all works, make sure to register your realm. go to http://www.realmsofwarcraft.us to register

UPDATE: Fixed restarter and added a few neat features to the core. These features include fake players (config enable\disable option) reload item_template, gameobject_template and creature_template without restarting server, and max level 255 capable (needs extra db stuffs to work) Website still buggy, but that should be fixed next update.

runic
10-04-2012, 11:09 PM
can u upload it somewhere else?

Moridin
10-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Nice its mangos one right?

iownapc
10-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Looks good +rep

LordPsyan
10-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Nice its mangos one right?

Yes. MaNGOS-one. Releasing 3.3.5a tonight or tomorrow. it will be TrinityCore. Have not decided tc or mangos for 434...

can u upload it somewhere else?

Uploading files to mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/?4o88zncc775p0x3) and updating links in first post.

Thanks for the rep. Suggestions are appreciated.

Speaking of suggestions (probably should do this in another post) I was curious... What do people want in a custom fun server repack?

Also, if anyone wants a custom repack... custom patches, can do just about anything, any core, any patch... just ask.

If you need help setting up your repack, you have 4 options.

post here.
post on my forums
contact me on skype ( lordpsyan. all lowercase)
ask a friend.... this option usually ends up bad.... :)

iownapc
10-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Yes. MaNGOS-one. Releasing 3.3.5a tonight or tomorrow. it will be TrinityCore. Have not decided tc or mangos for 434...

Uploading files to mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/?4o88zncc775p0x3) and updating links in first post.

Thanks for the rep. Suggestions are appreciated.

Speaking of suggestions (probably should do this in another post) I was curious... What do people want in a custom fun server repack?

Also, if anyone wants a custom repack... custom patches, can do just about anything, any core, any patch... just ask.

If you need help setting up your repack, you have 4 options.

post here.
post on my forums
contact me on skype ( lordpsyan. all lowercase)
ask a friend.... this option usually ends up bad.... :)

unique storyline and a custom patch for a zone.

LordPsyan
10-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Custom patch, that is easy. Already worked with modifying\adding maps. The problem with a patch is getting the user to add it to their client. Maybe I will include Lithordean Isle to my custom repacks. The patch file is small, so that could be included. maybe even setup a download section to the website in the repack including the patch and instructions. As for storylines.... a single island wouldn't bring much as far as storylines go. Was considering making my own "expansion", with new areas etc. That might be a good idea. Maybe someone would like to assist in the storyline part of it. could make it patch 2.5.0 :)

added rep, since you seem to have some good ideas. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Moridin
10-05-2012, 02:08 PM
eleasing 3.3.5a tonight or tomorrow. it will be TrinityCore. Have not decided tc or mangos for 434...
Nice,keep it up :)

Custom patch, that is easy. Already worked with modifying\adding maps. The problem with a patch is getting the user to add it to their client. Maybe I will include Lithordean Isle to my custom repacks.
Well ist not hard for people to use custom patch,they just copy to data folder,and yes offcourse that would be great thing,but only if you spawn npc,mobs,quest(with good storyline) in your new custom zone,blank zone is not much appealing.
Just some pointers :)

Warfrost-Wow
10-05-2012, 02:19 PM
love the secunde restarter :O

LordPsyan
10-05-2012, 02:30 PM
love the secunde restarter :O

wish I could take credit for the second restarter, but its triniguard modified. had to modify it to remove some account modification capabilities. wouldn't want someone grabbing the repack, just to try to hack the other servers :). all realms can add accounts. the core will automatically replace -1 (when creating accounts) with the current RealmID, so you cannot gain GM access to other realms. also created a trigger, so if someone tries to manually add GM using console, it will error, and replace -1 with RealmID. Much thought went into this before I released :)

Also, please remember, when registering your realm, 192.168.x.x will never make your server usable. neither will localhost, or 127.0.0.1

always use your public IP, and forward ports on your router. I can assist with this if needed.

Rage of the Titans realm: you registered with 192.168.0.1 (normally its a gateway IP...) and we need to update it with your public IP address. or better yet, get a no-ip subdomain thingy.... or buy a domain through godaddy or some place similar....

mini
10-05-2012, 02:53 PM
dling it will see it^^ looks nice as a base thx^^

nvrsbr
10-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Restarter is coming up as a virus.

LordPsyan
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Restarter is coming up as a virus.

avg and nod32 never said anything. what antivirus you using? I will double check it, but mediafire scans all files before accepting. The original restarter is located here on googlecode (http://code.google.com/p/triniguard/).

iownapc
10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Custom patch, that is easy. Already worked with modifying\adding maps. The problem with a patch is getting the user to add it to their client. Maybe I will include Lithordean Isle to my custom repacks. The patch file is small, so that could be included. maybe even setup a download section to the website in the repack including the patch and instructions. As for storylines.... a single island wouldn't bring much as far as storylines go. Was considering making my own "expansion", with new areas etc. That might be a good idea. Maybe someone would like to assist in the storyline part of it. could make it patch 2.5.0 :)

added rep, since you seem to have some good ideas. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

With VS2010 you can make an installer exe that will install the patch to the correct directory. All you have to do is either have the user input the wow install dir or auto detect the dir.

LordPsyan
10-05-2012, 10:07 PM
can do the same with winrar.... make a zip exe file with an output. but I usually use setup factory 9 for my installer needs :) Still nothing with any antivirus I have tried, either online or installed. no false alerts. maybe your antivirus detects any program that does anything suspicious, and since the restarter scans running processes for a specific PID, that may send up a flag with your antivirus...

mibu86
10-17-2012, 07:23 AM
Problems.. somewere i failed..did everything u said problems are...

PHP Warning

Message: session_start(): open(C:\Windows\Temp\sess_rgu9ltgbjfv5mpf2hh1aau7m 36, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)

Reporting File: D:\games\RoW243\Server\www\system\library\User.php
Line: 66

on webpage...

and the row restarter fails at sql conection test...m thinking it could all be becouse i had another instane of mysql configured and that might fucked up this one? how the hell do i fix?

mibu86
10-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Ok'e i fixed that PHP it was becouse my windows folder is not named C:\windows but c:\windows.0 i fixed that by reinstaling...and now again i bump! ...php error wen trying to create account from webserver...server wount fkn work...cannot connect to database from restarter "WTF IS THE MSQL PASWORD U GOD DAMN ....IT" and were to find it out..or edit it ..HOW THE FUCK should i edit mangos.cfg in a decent way cose in notedad it looks like suicide...
Damn a long time ago a guide was a full guide...now mambo jumbo..10% info rest is u should know..

LordPsyan
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Ok'e i fixed that PHP it was becouse my windows folder is not named C:\windows but c:\windows.0 i fixed that by reinstaling...and now again i bump! ...php error wen trying to create account from webserver...server wount fkn work...cannot connect to database from restarter "WTF IS THE MSQL PASWORD U GOD DAMN ....IT" and were to find it out..or edit it ..HOW THE FUCK should i edit mangos.cfg in a decent way cose in notedad it looks like suicide...
Damn a long time ago a guide was a full guide...now mambo jumbo..10% info rest is u should know..

Lets first start with the last question.... notepad.exe is a horrible program. google notepad++ and install it, and open with that. this program rocks. it will organize the config file neatly, with line numbers etc.

The username\pass for mysql is...

Username: repack
Password: p455w0rD

for realms just starting, you must use this user\pass. It has limited access to the auth server (for security reasons). Once you get fully connected, you can contact me on skype (lordpsyan all lowercase) and we can setyup individual user\pass to make your server more secure.

LordPsyan
11-28-2012, 02:47 PM
If anyone is interested in 3.3.5a or 4.3.4 (or sandbox versions of 505 or 510) let me know

Fears
01-13-2013, 05:24 PM
I get the following error:

Could not connect to MySQL database at realmsofwarcraft.com: Access denied for u
ser 'repack'@'80-218-244-144.dclient.hispeed.ch' (using password: YES)

Cannot connect to login database realmsofwarcraft.com;3306;repack;p455w0rD;auth

Can you help me?

LordPsyan
01-14-2013, 01:48 PM
I get the following error:

Could not connect to MySQL database at realmsofwarcraft.com: Access denied for u
ser 'repack'@'80-218-244-144.dclient.hispeed.ch' (using password: YES)

Cannot connect to login database realmsofwarcraft.com;3306;repack;p455w0rD;auth

Can you help me?

Just updated the files. have been working on a TC based 5.1.0a server. 5.x requires email as login, so I had to make some changes to the authserver to make everything work. The updated files should work fine now (just tested). please give feedback. Thanks

adorra
01-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Just updated the files. have been working on a TC based 5.1.0a server. 5.x requires email as login, so I had to make some changes to the authserver to make everything work. The updated files should work fine now (just tested). please give feedback. Thanks

Cool nice work +rep:D

LordPsyan
01-29-2013, 06:10 PM
yay rep! thanks. I don't do this for rep tho. I do this because I like wow and want a large wow community (without having to GM a bunch of realms myself). 3 new repacks coming soon. 4.0.6a Skyfire blizzlike, and 2 funservers.... 2.4.3 and 3.3.5a. Website is modified to include donations, vote shop, downloads and a secret feature to allow people who cannot donate, to help with server costs. Will update the repack here when it is complete! Thanks for the support.

unknowxaxa
07-11-2013, 06:38 PM
+1

Hello mate, please contact me via skype :D (danny.sanchez.97) i'm not active on this forum, thanks.

0dellil0
07-26-2013, 05:24 PM
THANKS very good repack +reppp

Advitse
11-15-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't get the ''account'' thing on my Restart help ploxx!:)